Super NES 40 44.94%

Nintendo 64 13 14.61%

Gamecube 15 16.85%

Wii 9 10.11%

Wii U 6 6.74%

Total:89
The_Liquid_Laser said:
KLXVER said:

True, except for Tetris, Punch-Out and Metal Gear. The NES is still king though.

Well, I was thinking of consoles.  I suppose if you count arcades, then I can't count Tetris and Punch-Out.

I think for Tetris he was probably referring to the Gameboy version, which AFAIK was far more popular than the nes version and launched earlier.

Around the Network

N64 for me, but thats probay Nostalgia because for my gaming memories nothing tops 4 player splitscreen goldeneye/Perfect Dark/Turok 2 all nighters. Add in some epic single player magic courtesy of Ocarina of time, Banjo, Shadowman etc.

The Wii U, because I didn't like the Wii controller and I'm too young for the others.

Always the hardest question in the world. It's like trying to pick a favorite significant other. They all had their highs and lows and in the end in retrospect made you really happy. The fact of the matter, though, is that because the Wii had the Virtual Console and some really amazing games in its own right, it gets my vote. Not all of the games were waggle-based, and many of those that were were really fun. I loved random games like Elebits and Zack and Wiki and Little King's Story, Pikmin received a super fun update, Mario Galaxies were amazing, two Zelda titles, WiiWare, WiiSports, a superior version of Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime Trilogy with improved aiming, and it played Gamecube games. It really was the rebirth of my favorite company into the hearts and minds of a who new generation of gamers and even managed to reach back in time to grab previous generations. Ok, now I'm just gushing.

Super, largely because back then square made really good games, unlike today.

Around the Network

I swear we just did this. I voted for SNES. So did @Pemalite. Anywhoo. SNES.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Probably the GameCube, even if I've mostly played Mario games on it. Still gotta love Animal Crossing, Chibi-Robo, and Smash though.
The Switch might be my fave one day, but it's not there yet. And could I reasonably expect it to be 2.5 years into its lifespan?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

fantastic game list.

steve

N64

Gamecube

Nes

Super nes

switch

steve

1. Gamecube
2. SNES
3. N64
4. NES/Wii/Wii U, I can't tell, there are no bad Nintendo consoles

I started gaming in the NES days, but my favorites to this day tend to come from the Gamecube library, with some SNES and 64 mixed in.