The Switch Pro Will Cost:

299 20 33.90%

349 18 30.51%

399 20 33.90%

Other 1 1.69%

See Results 0 0%

Total:59
abronn627 said:
Each time I see people talking about a possible “pro”, Pachter’s Wii HD comes to mind...

Remember Pach Attack? If you want a laugh, go on Youtube and check it out

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
JRPGfan said:

current rumors point to there not being any "pro" model comeing.

Theres a shrunk chip version, that has like 80%+ better battery life, due to shrunk chip + more effecient ram.
That will just be a straight up improvement on the normal model.... and will likely stay at 299$.

I think it more likely that in 2021-2022, there will be a Switch 2 model (thats also backwards compatabile with switch 1 games).

I thought the argumentation of last would have made you gave up but it seems you're back at it with unreal expectations.

Switch 2 ain't coming before 2023-2024 at the very least.

My thinking is a 5year cycle is what will happend.
Im not sure Nintendo will go 7 years (2024) with the switch.

The tegra chip they used is already dated, and was fabricated on 20nm planner nodes.
Imagine what a newer chip could do? as long as its "arm" chip, they can probably get backwards compatability.

I'd love to see a 7nm chip from nintendo, going into a Switch 2, at 2022.
Also it makes sense, by then PS5 +XB2 will be out, Nintendo should have a new product as well.

From what I see, Nintendo is creating a "Switch" family of products so a Switch Pro is possible but in my opinion it will be a tv-box only system for people not interested in portability or hybrid system. A possible release date could be by the end of 2020 to have a new hardware against ps5.

- Switch Classic $299 (hybrid, bundled with joy-cons and dock)
- Switch Lite $199 (portable only)
- Switch Box/TV $199 (home only, bundled with gamepad Pro)

The Switch Box could reach higher performance in games, boosting cpu/gpu frequencies to max.

As for a Switch 2, like others have said, It will not came out before 5/6 years from the release of current Switch, so 2022/2023.

Last edited by JimmyFantasy - on 25 July 2019

Probably $350-$400.

Any lower and they'd have to either phase out the current model or drop the price. If they drop the price, then it would either render the Switch Lite moot or force them to drop the price of that even more.

Though I would love the following pricing:
Lite - $150
Standard - $250
Pro - $350

I believe they should also release a separate "Streaming Dock" that has a capture card built into it. It's be nice to spend $150 on a dock specifically designed to stream Switch to Twitch.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

JRPGfan said:
Mar1217 said:

I thought the argumentation of last would have made you gave up but it seems you're back at it with unreal expectations.

Switch 2 ain't coming before 2023-2024 at the very least.

My thinking is a 5year cycle is what will happend.
Im not sure Nintendo will go 7 years (2024) with the switch.

The tegra chip they used is already dated, and was fabricated on 20nm planner nodes.
Imagine what a newer chip could do? as long as its "arm" chip, they can probably get backwards compatability.

I'd love to see a 7nm chip from nintendo, going into a Switch 2, at 2022.
Also it makes sense, by then PS5 +XB2 will be out, Nintendo should have a new product as well.

Nintendo doesn't need to keep pace with Sony/MS anymore, this is clear in them releasing Switch midway through the life of PS4/Xbone. The PS5 and Scarlet don't mean there needs to be a Switch successor as they occupy different market niches and don't directly compete.

The 3DS was more dated than the Switch technologically and it got 6 years before replacement, and Switch is selling much better than 3DS, there's no reason it should have a shorter lifespan.

Around the Network

Hard to put a price on something that will not exist.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

Honestly, I hope it never does. Just support the regular Switch for 5-6 years then give me a proper successor.

Chrkeller said:
It is my strong opinion that games built for two platforms do not leverage the power of the stronger platform. To really get a benefit, games need to be developed from the ground up. I upgraded from a ps4 to Pro, honestly the improvements are negligible, IMHO. I don't want Nintendo to do a Switch Pro. Release a Switch 2 in 2022-2023, make it BC and just power boost so it is a major improvement. Stop the half *** crap.

Thought the same at the beginning when I went from Ps4 to PS4 pro. Tried several games in the pro and then tried them on original PS4.

Until then I noticed the difference: Is huge!!!!

Realistically, about $400 tops. If it has similar specs and resolution in docked mode to the base Xbox One or PS4, they could probably get away with $500. That's a really premium price point, and no Nintendo console has been that expensive (inflation excluded). Plus it would be a struggle to get a hybrid console to that performance, even if it is possible.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

curl-6 said:
Shiken said:

Honestly, I hope it never does. Just support the regular Switch for 5-6 years then give me a proper successor.

I agree 100%.  Besides one of the main things it would help is battery life, which is soon to be upgraded big time with the next OG Switch model moving forward.

People keep pointing to a TV box, but I still do not see it being any sort of noticeable upgrade from the OG model.  It would just be another cheaper alternative for those that want Nintendo games but do not care about portability, similar to the Lite but the other way around.  I still have my doubts about that version too however because the potential market would be lower than that of the Lite, but there does seem to be enough interest it seems to justify it if they do release a model like that.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261