Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Much CAN Nintendo Charge for Switch Pro

The Switch Pro Will Cost:

299 20 33.90%

349 18 30.51%

399 20 33.90%

Other 1 1.69%

See Results 0 0%

Total:59

$299 Switch Pro, phasing out the base Switch (like New 3DS did to 3DS), and Switch Lite at the current $199.

Around the Network

100 billion dollars!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

The new 3DS that was barely used for new games? That 3DS? Xenoblade used the extra power and... I'm sure there are other games, I can't think of them though.

Chrkeller said:

I'll add I'm tired of seeing people complain about the power of the Switch.  Nintendo has a desire to sell to the masses, not target single individuals and make them happy.  For those who want extreme power, buy an Xbox X or build a PC.  There are options, Nintendo shouldn't change their entire identity because a few people on the web have a loud voice.

Amen, all the Switch Pro begging is getting really annoying tbh.

Even if they did one, people would still whine that "it's still weaker than the PS4 and can't do 4K".

If graphics are that important to you, go play on a stronger platform.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 July 2019

300 for Pro, 200 for normal model and 150 for Lite.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I'd buy it whatever it cost being honest, I love the heck outta my launch model switch but between 850 hours of Paladins.... 400 hours of Zelda, 200 in Rocket league... as well as the other 250+ games I have played on the machine, it is really showing wear and tear on the system, I need a replacement and if there was a pro model available right now for 500 I would buy it tomorrow when Gamestop opened.

Realistically though... I think 400 for a Switch would sour people to it in a general audience but if sold as a premium "this is not a replacement or requirement for any games" then I think any price is fine, extra power in that size of a machine with extra battery power is going to be costly, especially if hoping to jump to something like a 1080p mobile screen as well, would look incredible if they could just make it powerful enough that the system had that full 1080 screen and then convince all original Switch titles to run in Docked mode even while handheld.

Think of the improvements to all the titles which use dynamic resolutions right now as well, you've got titles like Rocket League, Paladins, Doom, Wolfenstein all capable of really nice resolutions but as soon as the switch gets taxed for power they can drop down to sub HD resolutions even while docked, more power would give more overhead to those dynamic res titles to maintain that higher resolution in times of more stuff going on on screen, as in the times you really want clarity on screen which is when those titles tend to suffer most.

- Edit - I will point out, that I'm going off what I would pay for the machine as someone who has spent thousands on Switch titles and a ton on things like upgraded joycons, procontrollers, x360 controller adapters and a 400gb SD card for it, I know I'm not the average Switch customer and I'm perfectly happy with what they are giving right now, but I would love a super expensive version of the machine even if it would sell like shit... it could sell one copy to me and I'll love it lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Chrkeller said:
The new 3DS that was barely used for new games? That 3DS? Xenoblade used the extra power and... I'm sure there are other games, I can't think of them though.

Well, as far as I know, many later games, while technically also worked with the original 3DS, ran like total crap on it. Try Hyrule Warriors on it for example, enjoy single-digit frame pace.

It is my strong opinion that games built for two platforms do not leverage the power of the stronger platform. To really get a benefit, games need to be developed from the ground up. I upgraded from a ps4 to Pro, honestly the improvements are negligible, IMHO. I don't want Nintendo to do a Switch Pro. Release a Switch 2 in 2022-2023, make it BC and just power boost so it is a major improvement. Stop the half *** crap.

Chrkeller said:

Hyrule Warriors benefitted greatly from the increased performance. It was unplayable on the old 3DS, and even on the new 3DS it was barely playable if you had the 3D enabled.

Also, Minecraft was exclusive to the new 3DS.

I think Monster Hunter also saw performance increases.

Plus, the OS was a much smoother experience, and you didn't have to close out of the game to visit the home screen as you did on the early 3DS models.

I'm willing to pay € 400 if the Pro is really significantly more powerful than the first Switch. And for that I demand:

- A 1080p Screen

- A slightly bigger screen than the original Switch's

- A significant boost in processing power, I'd say at the very least 1.8 Tflops which is how powerful the first PS4 was back in 2013

- A better architecture allowing for the system to heat less and last longer in portable mode (At least as much as the new Switch releasing in August 2019)

- At least 128 GB of internal memory cause 32 GB was laughable in my opinion and honestly 128 GB is not exactly ground breaking but I'd settle for that

- The joy con drift issue MUST be fixed

So I don't think I'll be buying the Pro cause I don't think Nintendo will address all these issues and make a Pro that is worthy of the name, but on the off-chance that I'm wrong, I will then get a Pro and I don't mind paying a premium price for a truly better system.