The Switch Pro Will Cost:

299 20 33.90%

349 18 30.51%

399 20 33.90%

Other 1 1.69%

See Results 0 0%

Total:59
JimmyFantasy said:

There is a new rumor about Switch Pro posted on Reddit by a quite reliable insider, or so it seems.

Following this rumor, Switch Pro will be a home-only console, with enhanced hardware specs capable of boosting current Switch games up to 4k and 60fps, for games like Breath of the Wild. It says this new product of the Switch family will launch in 2021 at $399 along with the sequel of BOTW, curiously named Zelda: Breath of Darkness. :O

Here is the rumored Switch Pro specs:

- SoC NVIDIA Tegra Xavier (Custom)
- Storage: SSD 64 GB
- Supported Res: 4K/60 fps, 1920x1080
- Audio: PCM 5.1 Stereo and 7.1 Surround
- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- 2x USB Type-C ports
- 2x HDMI ports
- Wi-Fi e Bluetooth 5.1

This "deep throat" also confirms that both Link and Zelda will be playable characters in the sequel.

Not buying any of it.  I don't see Nintendo even coming close to pushing 4k.  And $400 for a Nintendo home console, yeah, no.  Nintendo isn't going to directly compete with Sony/MS.  The X1 is super powerful and is being smoked by the Switch.  There is no logic behind Nintendo taking a X1 type path.  Given the success of the Switch, I don't see them ever doing a home only console again.    

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
JRPGfan said:

My thinking is a 5year cycle is what will happend.
Im not sure Nintendo will go 7 years (2024) with the switch.

The tegra chip they used is already dated, and was fabricated on 20nm planner nodes.
Imagine what a newer chip could do? as long as its "arm" chip, they can probably get backwards compatability.

I'd love to see a 7nm chip from nintendo, going into a Switch 2, at 2022.
Also it makes sense, by then PS5 +XB2 will be out, Nintendo should have a new product as well.

Nintendo doesn't need to keep pace with Sony/MS anymore, this is clear in them releasing Switch midway through the life of PS4/Xbone. The PS5 and Scarlet don't mean there needs to be a Switch successor as they occupy different market niches and don't directly compete.

The 3DS was more dated than the Switch technologically and it got 6 years before replacement, and Switch is selling much better than 3DS, there's no reason it should have a shorter lifespan.

Yeah. The Switch should have a longer lifespan, like 7-10 years. Switch's successor arrives in 2024/2025. Because of that i believe two or three versions. Switch +, New Switch lite + and Switch mini (likewise GBA mini). Three models in 6/7 years of remaining lifespan.

Switch + in 2020/2021 - Better Hardware: 64/128 GB, 8 GB RAM, better batteries ( 8-10 hours), maybe X2 hybrid. 350 $

Switch lite + - 2022 -  Same specs of Switch +, and same screen size of regular lite. 250 - 200$

Switch mini - 2024/2025 - Low specs, Tegra x1 revised, great batteries ( 10-18 hours), minor screen( 540 p maybe?). Cheap product. 150 - 120 $

Last edited by Agente42 - on 04 October 2019

Chrkeller said:
JimmyFantasy said:

There is a new rumor about Switch Pro posted on Reddit by a quite reliable insider, or so it seems.

Following this rumor, Switch Pro will be a home-only console, with enhanced hardware specs capable of boosting current Switch games up to 4k and 60fps, for games like Breath of the Wild. It says this new product of the Switch family will launch in 2021 at $399 along with the sequel of BOTW, curiously named Zelda: Breath of Darkness. :O

- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- 2x USB Type-C ports
- 2x HDMI ports
- Wi-Fi e Bluetooth 5.1

This "deep throat" also confirms that both Link and Zelda will be playable characters in the sequel.

Not buying any of it.  I don't see Nintendo even coming close to pushing 4k.  And $400 for a Nintendo home console, yeah, no.  Nintendo isn't going to directly compete with Sony/MS.  The X1 is super powerful and is being smoked by the Switch.  There is no logic behind Nintendo taking a X1 type path.  Given the success of the Switch, I don't see them ever doing a home only console again.    

I agree with you. It makes no sense for Nintendo to release a home console only version of Switch. I hope she doesn't do that. Hybrid and portable is the best path for Nintendo. 

I would love to see how much Switch Pro could get away on charging since for me even regular Switch is already overpriced.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JimmyFantasy said:

- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- 2x USB Type-C ports
- 2x HDMI ports
- Wi-Fi e Bluetooth 5.1

Well doesn't make any sense.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
I would love to see how much Switch Pro could get away on charging since for me even regular Switch is already overpriced.

I have always loved comments like this.  The Vita launched as the most powerful handheld (at that time) with a MSRP of $250.  The Switch launched as the most powerful handheld at $300, and increased the screen size (in comparison to the Vita) by 24%, also increased screen resolution, offers dock, removable controllers....  Vita, priced well.  Switch, overpriced.  Lol.

#sonylogic

$299, while dropping the price of the Lite and OG.

Chrkeller said:
DonFerrari said:

I have always loved comments like this.  The Vita launched as the most powerful handheld (at that time) with a MSRP of $250.  The Switch launched as the most powerful handheld at $300, and increased the screen size (in comparison to the Vita) by 24%, also increased screen resolution, offers dock, removable controllers....  Vita, priced well.  Switch, overpriced.  Lol.

#sonylogic

apply double standards. Sony is the king and sony aways win, baby. 

Chrkeller said:
DonFerrari said:

#sonylogic

Must be the reason I paid 50 bucks for PSVita and 299 for Switch.

Considering Vita sold less than 20% of what PSP sold, most of the fanbase thought it was overpriced so I have no idea where you have that so many people think that PSVita was well priced.

Switch case make it worse on itself when you have NVidia shield and some knockoffs of similar power being cheaper than it. Plus Nintendo long story of hardly taking any loss on HW while Sony almost always take loss.

So sure we can discuss as much as we want if PSVita was worth 250 (If I thought it was I wouldn't have waited until like 5 years later to buy it in a pawn shop) but most likely it costed Sony about as much to make it.

Agente42 said:
Chrkeller said:

#sonylogic

See above before trying to be smart.

DonFerrari said:
Chrkeller said:

#sonylogic

Must be the reason I paid 50 bucks for PSVita and 299 for Switch.

Considering Vita sold less than 20% of what PSP sold, most of the fanbase thought it was overpriced so I have no idea where you have that so many people think that PSVita was well priced.

Switch case make it worse on itself when you have NVidia shield and some knockoffs of similar power being cheaper than it. Plus Nintendo long story of hardly taking any loss on HW while Sony almost always take loss.

So sure we can discuss as much as we want if PSVita was worth 250 (If I thought it was I wouldn't have waited until like 5 years later to buy it in a pawn shop) but most likely it costed Sony about as much to make it.

Agente42 said:

See above before trying to be smart.

Looks like you don't often play Nintendo Switch. I have a Nvidia Shield, a Psvita and a Nintendo Switch. The graphic difference is frightening, not to mention the screen better than both, not to mention offering two factory controls. The value of the Nintendo Switch is so readily apparent that it still has the same price as the generation leader, no problem. A more powerful console, yet people see value that the product delivers and don't find it expensive.