By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Machiavellian said:

So after the affidavit was release and going through it myself, I am pretty sure that the DOJ will indict Trump. This is just my opinion but if he is found guilty, I believe he will get a pardon by Joe Biden on condition he leaves politics. If he is charged with any of the counts listed in the warrant, he would not be able to serve any political position again so no condition like that would be required. Either way this is a huge distraction for a lot of mid term GOP candidates and Trump sucks the air from their campaigns with another round of dumb stuff. The reason Joe would pardon Trump is because he is a formal president and purely political reasons. Now if Trump was found trying to sell or use those documents in a criminal way then that is a totally different can of worms. Either way, the question would be when will it be executed, before or after the mid terms, probably after.

That would be a huge mistake.

Trump and his sycophants would certainly spin this in their favor, saying that the entire thing was just a sham to get rid of Trump, making him - and Trumpism in general - much more popular again.

No matter what the government does, Trump sycophants will spin it in their favor.  It really going to be the severity of the charges brought forward that probably will determine if Joe Biden pardon Trump.  Pretty much the same scenario with Gerald Ford and Nixon.  The pardon is more to move the country forward instead of giving Trump and the GOP a rally point.  LOL, remember CPAC where they had this guy in a cage that was suppose to been put in jail because of Jan 6th but the guy did not server a day in jail at all and people was throwing him money and making a show of it.

If Joe is only a one term president and lets say Desantis or some other GOP become president, they would just pardon him anyway so you might as well just preempt that situation for political gain.  The thing is Trumpism is here to stay because even now you still have a huge segment of Republicans still making excuses for Trump.  Nothing is going to change that anytime soon besides time or his death and even then you gave the GOP a blueprint to their constituents so we will continue to see more mini Trumps in the GOP circle no matter how things goes. 

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
ConservagameR said:

Who really believes that? Trust the science.

or maybe we should trust the GOP.  https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rep-jim-banks-military-recruitment-student-debt-relief_n_6307bfb9e4b052615d791b5b

Can you believe those candles are actually real? Fauci has some behind him when doing interviews sometimes. Guess he's a fan?

You shouldn't even blindly trust the science, so why would you blindly trust either party?

TallSilhouette said:

Been a couple good months for Brandon. Quite the turn around:

Bonus: Jamie Foxx does the best Trump impression I've ever heard, in case you haven't heard it already:

2 years of wtf followed up by a mild effort just in time for the mid terms? Boy that's great timing. The, not a recession, should be over any day now?

That's a pretty darn good Trump impression. Didn't know Fox liked doing impressions, but he's a great actor so not surprising he could pull them off.

Machiavellian said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

That would be a huge mistake.

Trump and his sycophants would certainly spin this in their favor, saying that the entire thing was just a sham to get rid of Trump, making him - and Trumpism in general - much more popular again.

No matter what the government does, Trump sycophants will spin it in their favor.  It really going to be the severity of the charges brought forward that probably will determine if Joe Biden pardon Trump.  Pretty much the same scenario with Gerald Ford and Nixon.  The pardon is more to move the country forward instead of giving Trump and the GOP a rally point.  LOL, remember CPAC where they had this guy in a cage that was suppose to been put in jail because of Jan 6th but the guy did not server a day in jail at all and people was throwing him money and making a show of it.

If Joe is only a one term president and lets say Desantis or some other GOP become president, they would just pardon him anyway so you might as well just preempt that situation for political gain.  The thing is Trumpism is here to stay because even now you still have a huge segment of Republicans still making excuses for Trump.  Nothing is going to change that anytime soon besides time or his death and even then you gave the GOP a blueprint to their constituents so we will continue to see more mini Trumps in the GOP circle no matter how things goes. 

This would be way to good to actually come true.

I'd guarantee you, a situation like this would lead to Trump telling Biden to shove his pardon, followed by Don Jr or Ivanka running in his place. The support they'd get would be off the charts.

The point of science is that it isn’t blindly trusted. It’s a method that literally builds in skeptical analysis of data and observations.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

The point of science is that it isn’t blindly trusted. It’s a method that literally builds in skeptical analysis of data and observations.

Right? Like, the people who say you 'shouldn't trust science' because of bias don't actually understand how science works. The rigorous testing, the reproducible results, the fact that they test and test and test, altering one element at a time...it's specifically done to eliminate all chance of political or personal bias. 

Yes, sometimes people actively seek to prove something they want to be true, but the methods used by a vast, overwhelming majority of those in their respective fields eliminate that bias from the equation. 

Should you blindly trust something some rando says to you claiming it to be scientifically accurate? No, of course not. Any raving lunatic can do that. but should you trust those who spent decades of their lives to seeking truth and understanding? Yes. Yes you should. 

Also, folks in general need to understand that finding one source that selectively implies the result you want doesn't supercede the thousands upon thousands of others that contradict it. It's easy to fall into confirmation bias influenced by personal desire. If 99.8% of all scientists agree that Climate change is real, it's impacted by humans, and it's a major concern for the future, you aren't going to be convincing anyone otherwise if you find that one dude out of 500 who found a single piece of data that suggests otherwise. That's just not how science works. 

As for Biden, I don't like him but it does look like he's turning things around. I cautiously and eagerly wait to see what's next from him. would be nice to see him actually deliver on some of his promises and this student debt thing is a major boon. If they did that in Canada i'd be completely wiped clean of all debt. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

TallSilhouette said:

People forget what a raging dumpster fire the country was in 2020-2021. Guess what, messes like that have consequences that last for a long, long time. We'll likely be dealing with the fallout in various ways for the rest of my lifetime.  And the kindling for the fire was being stacked for years before that.

Around the Network
ConservagameR said:
Machiavellian said:

or maybe we should trust the GOP.  https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rep-jim-banks-military-recruitment-student-debt-relief_n_6307bfb9e4b052615d791b5b

Can you believe those candles are actually real? Fauci has some behind him when doing interviews sometimes. Guess he's a fan?

You shouldn't even blindly trust the science, so why would you blindly trust either party?

TallSilhouette said:

Bonus: Jamie Foxx does the best Trump impression I've ever heard, in case you haven't heard it already:

2 years of wtf followed up by a mild effort just in time for the mid terms? Boy that's great timing. The, not a recession, should be over any day now?

That's a pretty darn good Trump impression. Didn't know Fox liked doing impressions, but he's a great actor so not surprising he could pull them off.

Machiavellian said:

I'd guarantee you, a situation like this would lead to Trump telling Biden to shove his pardon, followed by Don Jr or Ivanka running in his place. The support they'd get would be off the charts.

You have not followed Jamie Fox if you did not know he liked doing voice impressions.  He does them all the time and usually pretty much spot on.  I have heard plenty of Trump voice impressions but Jamie at this point in time is way above the pack.  I wonder how long he has been working on it.

As for Trump telling Biden to shove his pardon, I am willing to bet money he would not.  Maybe if he was younger but even then its a gamble and for someone at his advance age, he could easily die in prison.  While Republicans believe that Desantis is a good candidate for President, I actually believe he is not.  The margins Trump won against Hillary can easily be shorten if not killed because of a few issues I believe will come back to haunt the Republican party and that is their war against LGBTQ.  While this might make him a hero within the Christian base its not making him a hero nationally and there are a lot of LGBTQ people in America.  Between Roe vs Wade, being a mini Trump and his efforts against the LGBTQ people, if Desantis becomes the front runner, I believe its going to be hard for the Republicans to get back into the White House.  We will see how the GOP fare during the Mid term, I believe they do not turn over neither house or Senate and that will be the first sign they will see that maybe the Nation as a whole is not looking forward to another Trump term or mini Trumps.

Also believing that Don Jr or Ivanka would be able to go national is a pipe dream.  Neither come close to their Dad and neither have enough clout in politics to win on the National stage.  If anything, they would be best served if they went for a House or Senate seat in a predominate GOP state then trying to go on the national stage.  While they may be able to get the Trump faitful, you put way to much value on that base.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 28 August 2022

Machiavellian said:
ConservagameR said:
TallSilhouette said:

Biden Presidency 180 Completely Shocks Everyone - YouTube

Jamie Foxx Gives His Best Donald Trump Impression | Rap Radar - YouTube

Machiavellian said:

You have not followed Jamie Fox if you did not know he liked doing voice impressions.  He does them all the time and usually pretty much spot on.  I have heard plenty of Trump voice impressions but Jamie at this point in time is way above the pack.  I wonder how long he has been working on it.

As for Trump telling Biden to shove his pardon, I am willing to bet money he would not.  Maybe if he was younger but even then its a gamble and for someone at his advance age, he could easily die in prison.  While Republicans believe that Desantis is a good candidate for President, I actually believe he is not.  The margins Trump won against Hillary can easily be shorten if not killed because of a few issues I believe will come back to haunt the Republican party and that is their war against LGBTQ.  While this might make him a hero within the Christian base its not making him a hero nationally and there are a lot of LGBTQ people in America.  Between Roe vs Wade, being a mini Trump and his efforts against the LGBTQ people, if Desantis becomes the front runner, I believe its going to be hard for the Republicans to get back into the White House.  We will see how the GOP fare during the Mid term, I believe they do not turn over neither house or Senate and that will be the first sign they will see that maybe the Nation as a whole is not looking forward to another Trump term or mini Trumps.

Also believing that Don Jr or Ivanka would be able to go national is a pipe dream.  Neither come close to their Dad and neither have enough clout in politics to win on the National stage.  If anything, they would be best served if they went for a House or Senate seat in a predominate GOP state then trying to go on the national stage.  While they may be able to get the Trump faitful, you put way to much value on that base.

Strong observation. I watch their movies but that's just about it when it comes to actors for the most part.

If the Republicans don't take the Senate in the mid terms that's only a minor concern, though would be a bit surprising. If they don't take the House, and by a comfy margin, then the more conservative (red) states would be absolute morons to remain in the union at that point. With everything that's gone on in the last few years, and the joke of a last minute effort recently, just to keep power, and that's it, if the American people decide things are mostly fine the way they are right now in DC, then now would be the time to split, asap, because what it would unfortunately take to wake enough people up, you wouldn't want to be a part of.

If they could actually stop Trump from running while in prison, that would be the first roadblock, which apparently a prison run has happened long in the past so it's not a guarantee he could be stopped. Even if he was shut down and couldn't or didn't run in that case, what's to say the next President wouldn't pardon him? Saying Don Jr or Ivanka wouldn't stand a chance is like saying Donald Trump never stood a chance. Don't ever underestimate those pesky Russians.

ConservagameR said:
Machiavellian said:

Strong observation. I watch their movies but that's just about it when it comes to actors for the most part.

If the Republicans don't take the Senate in the mid terms that's only a minor concern, though would be a bit surprising. If they don't take the House, and by a comfy margin, then the more conservative (red) states would be absolute morons to remain in the union at that point. With everything that's gone on in the last few years, and the joke of a last minute effort recently, just to keep power, and that's it, if the American people decide things are mostly fine the way they are right now in DC, then now would be the time to split, asap, because what it would unfortunately take to wake enough people up, you wouldn't want to be a part of.

If they could actually stop Trump from running while in prison, that would be the first roadblock, which apparently a prison run has happened long in the past so it's not a guarantee he could be stopped. Even if he was shut down and couldn't or didn't run in that case, what's to say the next President wouldn't pardon him? Saying Don Jr or Ivanka wouldn't stand a chance is like saying Donald Trump never stood a chance. Don't ever underestimate those pesky Russians.

I'd be curious to hear the bolded explained. Whatever it is it apparently is enough that we should do civil war 2, so it should be interesting. 

Last edited by Torillian - on 30 August 2022

ConservagameR said:

Talk about a mask off moment...

Good luck with that whole secession thing: