By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Does a picture say a thousand words, I am wondering how Trump will respond to the DOJ counter argument to his request for a special master. Trump already tried the planting evidence part which he quickly walked backed on after the search warrant was unsealed. Then we find out he tried to claim executive privilege over the docs he did have which is kind of crazy since he doesn't own any of the documents in question.

It appears each and every time Trump lawyers make a move, things look worse and worse.

Oh yeah and Mrs. Bobb is probably in a lot of trouble.  She probably going to need a lawyer herself.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 31 August 2022

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

Good luck with that whole secession thing:

I'm certain my home state of California is paying for most of this :-p

Proud to be a Californian.

The Red Wave looks smaller by the day. Huge upset in the Alaska House Special Election:

Maybe the House could be retainable after all...

TallSilhouette said:

The Red Wave looks smaller by the day. Huge upset in the Alaska House Special Election:

Given that this is a weird run-off special election, I don't think you can really use it as much of a bellwether. This is still a surprise and an upset but I'm hesitant to make too much more out of it. The issue with polling is likely a product of poor predictability for run-offs more than a huge left turn for Alaska. 

Nice to see about the Alaska special election! Democrats still seem to have about a 1 in 4 chance of keeping the house according to FiveThirtyEight and prediction markets. Things that have a 1 in 4 chance of happening do happen enough to be noticeably bland. Plus momentum is moving in their favor rather than against it.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
ConservagameR said:

Strong observation. I watch their movies but that's just about it when it comes to actors for the most part.

If the Republicans don't take the Senate in the mid terms that's only a minor concern, though would be a bit surprising. If they don't take the House, and by a comfy margin, then the more conservative (red) states would be absolute morons to remain in the union at that point. With everything that's gone on in the last few years, and the joke of a last minute effort recently, just to keep power, and that's it, if the American people decide things are mostly fine the way they are right now in DC, then now would be the time to split, asap, because what it would unfortunately take to wake enough people up, you wouldn't want to be a part of.

If they could actually stop Trump from running while in prison, that would be the first roadblock, which apparently a prison run has happened long in the past so it's not a guarantee he could be stopped. Even if he was shut down and couldn't or didn't run in that case, what's to say the next President wouldn't pardon him? Saying Don Jr or Ivanka wouldn't stand a chance is like saying Donald Trump never stood a chance. Don't ever underestimate those pesky Russians.

I'd be curious to hear the bolded explained. Whatever it is it apparently is enough that we should do civil war 2, so it should be interesting. 

TallSilhouette said:
ConservagameR said:

If the Republicans don't take the Senate in the mid terms that's only a minor concern, though would be a bit surprising. If they don't take the House, and by a comfy margin, then the more conservative (red) states would be absolute morons to remain in the union at that point. With everything that's gone on in the last few years, and the joke of a last minute effort recently, just to keep power, and that's it, if the American people decide things are mostly fine the way they are right now in DC, then now would be the time to split, asap, because what it would unfortunately take to wake enough people up, you wouldn't want to be a part of.

Talk about a mask off moment...

Wow. This reminds a lot me of something. History does really repeat itself.

Me : They should get out while the getting is good in that case.

You : You mean... they should kill everyone? OMG!

Me: Wait what? No. Are we even having the same conversation?

Cathy is a gem btw. 

TallSilhouette said:

She ran against 2 Republicans which taken together have a lot more votes than her in the first round. But apparently, many picked the democrat instead of the other republican as their second choice (or didn't put a second choice at all), which is how she won the election.

We'll se if she can win again this fall, but it is a nice achievement so far.

@ConservagameR : The picture in your post above doesn't work, so no idea what you're talking about there.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 01 September 2022

sundin13 said:
TallSilhouette said:

Given that this is a weird run-off special election, I don't think you can really use it as much of a bellwether. This is still a surprise and an upset but I'm hesitant to make too much more out of it. The issue with polling is likely a product of poor predictability for run-offs more than a huge left turn for Alaska. 

From what I read, there was only one Dem and two GOP but the sides on the GOP were pretty much split which of course caused issues where one GOP side does not like the other so their votes either went to the Dem or none at all.  This is kind of what the GOP is facing with Trump backed candidates and regular GOP canidates.  It's splitting the base and thus when it comes to elections, one side or the other for the GOP either do not vote or vote blue.  This could be the same situation that happens in the general elections come Nov.

I thought this was funny because as a lawyer for Trump you probably would be pulling out your hair or breaking all his fingers.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-truth-social-2657988934/

Just a thought I had, would indicting and getting a conviction of Trump boost Bidens approval level and the Dems in general. The reason why I make this statement is that current polls show since getting some bills passed and other nick knacks, including this issue with Trump, Biden approval level has risen quite a bit. Would be interesting if this happens and he is faced with the option of pardoning Trump. Depending on how this all goes down and such a scenario is on the table it will be very interesting to see what decision he makes. Anyway we probably a long way from getting to Trump being indicted but I am sure there are going to be some indictments coming.