By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So Texas will now allow unlicensed carry of handguns by just about anybody.

I can't believe it. Texas doesn't seem like a real place. I'm afraid to step foot in that state.

The only way Texas can bend over backwards to appease the gun crowd more is by making a law forcing people to have guns...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

I can't believe it. Texas doesn't seem like a real place. I'm afraid to step foot in that state.

The only way Texas can bend over backwards to appease the gun crowd more is by making a law forcing people to have guns...

Aren't there some cities that have exactly this as a local law (though not an enforced one)?

Signalstar said:

In defense of the people that live here in my state, most Texans are actually against much of what our god-awful, lopsidedly Republican state government endorses. For example, according to a recent survey conducted by the University of Texas and the Texas Tribune, a substantial majority of Texans oppose the unlicensed carry bill that's advancing through the state legislature, favor stronger checks on police use force (including a ban on chokeholds), and want the expanded Medicaid coverage offered by the Affordable Care Act that the state government refuses to permit us access to. The Texas public is furthermore evenly divided on the new state law banning abortions after only six weeks of pregnancy (i.e. before many women even know they're pregnant).

Other items in the poll, however, show why Republicans are able to remain in power here nonetheless. For example, only a minority of Texans support stricter gun laws overall (the unlicensed carry bill notwithstanding) and immigration and border security top the voting public's list of current concerns owing largely to the recent border surge we've seen.

I think what scares me most aboutTexas is that they have all the dumbass, backwards, hicksville evangelism and ignorant conservative views of the other southern states...but are actually competent and powerful enough to push them forward. when Arkansas or Missouri or whatever tries to push creationism in schools, most people shrug and laugh. Like, of course they tried that, silly third-world state. but when Texas does it...suddenly it's actually a problem.

I admire Texas's spirit and I've met a lot of people from there who are truly great, but the fact that their lawmakers and politicians and most extreme conservatives are actually competent scares me. It's like comparing north Korea to China. when North Korea does something alarming or dangerous, we just sorta laugh and pat their head, condescendingly. when China does something, it needs appropriate attention.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Trump's former National Security Advisor and other lackeys call for a deadly military coup in the United States:

It seems January 6th has barely deterred these people at all. Perhaps the lack of accountability for anyone in power has even emboldened them.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

Trump's former National Security Advisor and other lackeys call for a deadly military coup in the United States:

It seems January 6th has barely deterred these people at all. Perhaps the lack of accountability for anyone in power has even emboldened them.

Jeez. I don't know how anyone would want this to happen. 

TallSilhouette said:

The fact that they couldn't get the 9/11-like resolution about the January 6 Capitol storm through the Senate certainly also has something to do with it.

Also,

Everyone better get ready. Trump has declared he will be back in office in August so buckle up.

Machiavellian said:

Everyone better get ready. Trump has declared he will be back in office in August so buckle up.

Glad to hear it! He's been wrong about almost everything he ever said so the chances of this being true is virtually zero. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

TallSilhouette said:

I wonder if Flynn is still subject to the UCMJ, in which case he could be called back to active service, court-martialed under Article 94 (sedition), and handed a Notice of Dismissal, which is the officer version of a Dishonorable Discharge that carries the same life-long liabilities as a DD. Not that it matters, since there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that it will happen. He should never have been let out of prison.