By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Runa216 said:

I think what scares me most aboutTexas is that they have all the dumbass, backwards, hicksville evangelism and ignorant conservative views of the other southern states...but are actually competent and powerful enough to push them forward. when Arkansas or Missouri or whatever tries to push creationism in schools, most people shrug and laugh. Like, of course they tried that, silly third-world state. but when Texas does it...suddenly it's actually a problem.

I admire Texas's spirit and I've met a lot of people from there who are truly great, but the fact that their lawmakers and politicians and most extreme conservatives are actually competent scares me. It's like comparing north Korea to China. when North Korea does something alarming or dangerous, we just sorta laugh and pat their head, condescendingly. when China does something, it needs appropriate attention.

Meanwhile, Ron DeSantis wants to bring Florida's unique brand of craziness to your neighborhood in 2024.

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
Runa216 said:

I think what scares me most aboutTexas is that they have all the dumbass, backwards, hicksville evangelism and ignorant conservative views of the other southern states...but are actually competent and powerful enough to push them forward. when Arkansas or Missouri or whatever tries to push creationism in schools, most people shrug and laugh. Like, of course they tried that, silly third-world state. but when Texas does it...suddenly it's actually a problem.

I admire Texas's spirit and I've met a lot of people from there who are truly great, but the fact that their lawmakers and politicians and most extreme conservatives are actually competent scares me. It's like comparing north Korea to China. when North Korea does something alarming or dangerous, we just sorta laugh and pat their head, condescendingly. when China does something, it needs appropriate attention.

Meanwhile, Ron DeSantis wants to bring Florida's unique brand of craziness to your neighborhood in 2024.

I thought it was Matt Gaetz that publicly expressed interest to run for the 2024 presidential election. Not that that would be any better...

Bofferbrauer2 said:
SanAndreasX said:

I thought it was Matt Gaetz that publicly expressed interest to run for the 2024 presidential election. Not that that would be any better...

DeSantis definitely has presidential ambitions. He made a speech in Pittsburgh not long ago that signaled that he’s throwing his hat in. He also compared Florida to West Berlin to feed right wing persecution fantasies. The right also loves his laws that ban companies from requiring proof of vaccination and impose fines on social media for banning their heroes for acting stupid. It’s gotten to the point where they not only want him to be Trump’s running mate in 2024, but a lot of them want him to run for President himself. 

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 05 June 2021

DeSantis definitely seems to be the front runner for the Republican primary if Trump does not run. Out of the popular candidates on the right I guess he would be the most tolerable but that's a subterranean bar. Hopefully none of them have the juice to win the general but I'm less confident if we can't pass HR1 to combat the ridiculous voter suppression they're enacting en masse.

I like his take on this, it's what I have been saying all along. The immigration conversation has turned into "anything but what the orange man did". There is no actual meaningful sustainable position or a specific policy being pushed here besides that. 

Around the Network

Pew: US favorability improves several times over from Trump to Biden.

Making America Great Again?

TallSilhouette said:

Pew: US favorability improves several times over from Trump to Biden.

Making America Great Again?

The MAGAs don't live in reality.

I blame inbreeding.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Got to meet Andrew Yang yesterday and had the chance to sit down and talk to him for about 10 minutes. Great guy.

So Krystal and Saagar left the Hill and started their own youtube channel. The quality of their content is as excellent as ever It really pays to be the writer of your own show and the owner of your critical thinking brain, something traditional TV pundits never had and still do not. If you liked their content before, you should subscribe to them, if you haven't heard of them before, you should give them a go! 

Anyway, one of the baffling moments of 2020 elections was how JoRo endorsement of Bernie was met with disdain from a lot of lefties (including here) and I just didn't get it. How can one lump JoRo with right-wing pundits let alone far-right wing extremists? Making objectively laughable wrong statements about the guy? I think this segment in particular is the best defense JoRo has received and also explains why he's perceived falsely by many.

Remember, police officers live in fear every day.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.