By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 45 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 05- 11, 2018

How many Switch units are people expecting in next week's MC numbers? I'm curious.

I'm guessing about 180,000 personally. Though the Switch has been pretty much always in the 40-60k range this year, so it's hard to get any sort of read on what a massive title release will do.

Around the Network

Switch eating that shit with 50k+ Next week is going to be Amazing! I wonder how the Pacman will look like......

And what is up with the PS4? Stock issues? Another price drop incoming?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

With next weeks sales numbers, Switch will again be YoY up, and than it should keep pumping strong until years end.

-16. November - Pokemon Lets Go games
-16. November - Pokemon Lets Go Switch bundles
-16. November - Smash Bros bundles
-22. November - Fortnite bundle
-30. November - Minecraft bundle
-7. December - Smash Bros launch

Jranation said:
Switch eating that shit with 50k+ Next week is going to be Amazing! I wonder how the Pacman will look like......

And what is up with the PS4? Stock issues? Another price drop incoming?

The base model is so long overdue a price cut it's insane. That's what up. 

Damn, will Mario party have enough legs to overtake Call of Duty? Would be very interesting to follow.

Switch hardware wow! Nice jump.

PS4.... no comment. It's dead in the water..

Around the Network

Damn Black Ops 4 and Spider-Man legs can't catch a break.

Miyamotoo said:
Mnementh said:
For hardware... the Switch is pretty good with nothing new. Probably bundles I think, do we have already Smash, Fortnite or Diablo bundles available by now? 

Nope, there is no Diablo bundle in Japan, while Smash bundle is launching this Friday alongside Pokemon games and Pokemon bundles, while Fortnite bundle will be available on 22. November and Minecraft bundle on 30. November, and than on 7. December Smash Bros launch.

With next week's numbers (practically we talking about this week sales, 12-17 November), Switch is entering beast mode.

So practically no reason why Switch did that well this week. Only preparation for Pokemon. Oh, next weeks numbers probably are exciting.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Megiddo said:
How many Switch units are people expecting in next week's MC numbers? I'm curious.

I'm guessing about 180,000 personally. Though the Switch has been pretty much always in the 40-60k range this year, so it's hard to get any sort of read on what a massive title release will do.

Probably Switches could be sold out next week again. I just can't see that retailers have so much room for this big a game release and as Switch is still early many who want Pokemon still don't have a Switch. So probably what retailers have in stock, which could be 100K-150K. The sold out situation will be kept for only a few days though. So the week after hardware sales should still be elevated.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Wtf happened to the PS4 this week?

Mnementh said:
Megiddo said:

Probably Switches could be sold out next week again. I just can't see that retailers have so much room for this big a game release and as Switch is still early many who want Pokemon still don't have a Switch. So probably what retailers have in stock, which could be 100K-150K. The sold out situation will be kept for only a few days though. So the week after hardware sales should still be elevated.

We've already got Chris on Era saying that the bundles are not at all supply limited. Whoever wants to buy a bundle will be able to.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/14966618/