By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Inside Xbox @ X018 thread. November 10th, 1pm PT, 4pm ET, 9pm GMT

Conina said:
No free Crackdown 1 with a German IP, even if all other settings are set for a different country... seems that I still have to insert the disc if I want to play it.

You have to migrate your account to download (or pay) for 360 games that aren't available in your country. Everything else won't work. I've migrated my acount to the US several months ago. Just migrate to another European state and you can still use € to pay or another country where games are cheaper.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Runa216 said:

Fixed what? we're 5 years into the gen and I highly doubt they have time to fix their problems before the next Xbox comes out. 

Next Xbox will do better automatically if they don't include any peripheral and the same price as PS5. If next Xbox dominates North America and U.K. they automatically win in the console space.

Nah, Xbox dominated big time in USA and UK last gen and it was a Tie at the end. Dont see Sony doing as bad as they did with the PS3 any time soon.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Game announcement wise.... this was kinda a big nothing.

Some updates & DLC for their own games.
2 Final Fantasy 360 games via BC, and Void Bastards.

Marketing push for Gamepass was huge, like this is probably the reason they held the event.
The rumors of studio buys were confirmed.

Did they need to have this event? I was expecting more.

Lots of nice gamepass games I can look foward to and the new studios were great.
Show would have been better though if it were only an hour.

This was garbage imo. No new games and more studios acquired that will make games for the next Xbox. I really didn't think the XB1 would be so not for me after the amazing 360. I haven't touched my XB1 since last year sometime I think...

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Honestly? Not one new game announcement? That’s....surprising. All those studios and still nothing to show? Looks good for next gen I guess. Seems like they’ve accepted their fate and this gen is over already for them.

+

melbye said:
If you are doing a show like this maybe bring one new thing that isn't just add-on content for existing games.

This is what Im left with haveing watched it... a feeling of it missing new announcement.

Snoopy said:
Runa216 said:

Fixed what? we're 5 years into the gen and I highly doubt they have time to fix their problems before the next Xbox comes out. 

Next Xbox will do better automatically if they don't include any peripheral and the same price as PS5. If next Xbox dominates North America and U.K. they automatically win in the console space.

assuming sony just sit there and do nothing while shutting down all studios. History has proven xbox crowd has never supported new IP the way playstation crowd has,Sunset overdrive and QB are the prime example and i doubt that is going to change, with new studios.

Snoopy said:
Runa216 said:

They win compared to now. Doesn’t mean they’ll beat Playstation though. They’ll probably never do that again. Last gen 360 was dominating in the US. They sold 50 million in the US, yet only 35 in the rest of the world. Sony would need a huge fuck up for MS to regain that ground and even then, XBox simply doesn’t have the popularity worldwide.

I’d definitely hope MS will start to be competitive again, that would be enough. Dominating is very unlikely as things are now.

I’m really a bit disappointed with this event. Seems like they’re totally focusing on luring people into GamePass. I somehow expected more than a glorified promotional event.

Madword said:
Snoopy said:

Nah, Xbox dominated big time in USA and UK last gen and it was a Tie at the end. Dont see Sony doing as bad as they did with the PS3 any time soon.

In terms of console sales it was a tie, but software wise it wasn't even close. North America and UK buy more software/subscriptions than any other region and that's what makes the most money.

You can see that its gamepass that MS want to drill into people for their future online digital rental system. Not for me, I am a disk based person... but I can see after the next gen It may go the way of digital only, which will be a massive shame.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!