By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Inside Xbox @ X018 thread. November 10th, 1pm PT, 4pm ET, 9pm GMT

Errorist76 said:
Snoopy said:

Next Xbox will do better automatically if they don't include any peripheral and the same price as PS5. If next Xbox dominates North America and U.K. they automatically win in the console space.

They win compared to now. Doesn’t mean they’ll beat Playstation though. They’ll probably never do that again. Last gen 360 was dominating in the US. They sold 50 million in the US, yet only 35 in the rest of the world. Sony would need a huge fuck up for MS to regain that ground and even than XBox simply doesn’t have the popularity worldwide.

I’d definitely hope MS will start to be competitive again, that would be enough. Dominating is very unlikely as things are ow.

Software and subscriptions services are what matters the most and North America and U.K buy more games and services than any region. That's why the attach ratio was almost 2:1

Around the Network

That was a weak show

4/10

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Snoopy said:
Errorist76 said:

They win compared to now. Doesn’t mean they’ll beat Playstation though. They’ll probably never do that again. Last gen 360 was dominating in the US. They sold 50 million in the US, yet only 35 in the rest of the world. Sony would need a huge fuck up for MS to regain that ground and even than XBox simply doesn’t have the popularity worldwide.

I’d definitely hope MS will start to be competitive again, that would be enough. Dominating is very unlikely as things are ow.

Software and subscriptions services are what matters the most and North America and U.K buy more games and services than any region. That's why the attach ratio was almost 2:1

2:1? That’s a huge exaggeration.

https://www.engadget.com/2007/10/31/360-leads-hardware-to-software-ratio-wii-and-ps3-trail-with-sim/

If that’s would be true, why is the attach rate almost 3:1 this gen in favour of PS4, although X1 is closest in the US market?

Snoopy said:
Runa216 said:

Fixed what? we're 5 years into the gen and I highly doubt they have time to fix their problems before the next Xbox comes out. 

Next Xbox will do better automatically if they don't include any peripheral and the same price as PS5. If next Xbox dominates North America and U.K. they automatically win in the console space.

I have a very hard time believing that Microsoft will ever do as well as the Xbox 360 again. The first Xbox didn't sell all that well, the 360 sold well mostly due to how terribly the PS3 was doing (No other console manufacturer would get away with something like the Red Ring of Death and live to tell about it), and the second half of last gen somehow let Ps3 win overall. 

So Xbox wasn't putting out exclusives or making much ground for the second half of last generation, went into this generation with terrible PR and marketing, and have continued to spend the last 5 years not offering anything of value outside of Game Pass; what makes you think that they've earned consumer trust? 

So far this year they have 1 quality exclusive (Forza Horizon 4) compared to PS4's 14 games and the Switch's 8. (That's games with a 75 average or higher with 20 reviews or more on Gamerankings. PC multiplat and last-gen remasters DO count. However, if we're going by JUST PURE exclusives, then the numbers go: 0 for Xbox One, 6 for PS4, and 2 games on Switch). My point is, you're being awfully optimistic when it comes to this stuff. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Errorist76 said:
Snoopy said:

2:1? That’s a huge exaggeration.

https://www.engadget.com/2007/10/31/360-leads-hardware-to-software-ratio-wii-and-ps3-trail-with-sim/

If that’s would be true, why is the attach rate almost 3:1 this gen in favour of PS4, although X1 is closest in the US market?

Xbox one isn't doing nearly as well as PlayStation in Canada (Part of North America) and U.K. which makes up a huge chunk as well. The other countries do help, but not nearly as much.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Runa216 said:

Fixed what? we're 5 years into the gen and I highly doubt they have time to fix their problems before the next Xbox comes out. 

What do you mean? They have plenty of time to fix the lack of RPG's problem next gen. inXile has been working on Wasteland 3 for a couple of years now, will very likely end up being Xbox/PC exclusive now. Obsidian meanwhile has 2 teams, 1 is doing a game for Take-Two which MS will likely let them keep developing for Take-Two, though they may buy the publishing rights to it from Take-Two and make it exclusive. The 2nd team meanwhile can get to work on a new game for next gen now that will be ready by 2021 or 2022 most likely. Then we have Playground's 2nd studio, who is supposedly developing the next Fable, they started on it last year so it will likely be ready by 2021 as well. 

And yet the console continues to not get exclusives, continue to sell less than the Ps4 and Switch, and continues to devalue itself by allowing users to play its 'exclusives' on PC. What value does an Xbox HAve anymore? 

They can talk all they want about these new studio acquisitions and the future but they have to give me something NOW. They've not given me anything of value for years now and the only reason my Xbox One gets use is because my roommate really loves Forza and the Youtube app. So what gives you the impression we can trust Microsoft to not screw it up? I mean, they have RARE under their belt and when was the last time Rare made a good game? They were still working for Nintendo.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Sorry, I'm unable to update the announcements post at this time. Something urgent popped up and it'll take up a few hours.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Runa216 said:
Snoopy said:

I have a very hard time believing that Microsoft will ever do as well as the Xbox 360 again. The first Xbox didn't sell all that well, the 360 sold well mostly due to how terribly the PS3 was doing (No other console manufacturer would get away with something like the Red Ring of Death and live to tell about it), and the second half of last gen somehow let Ps3 win overall. 

So Xbox wasn't putting out exclusives or making much ground for the second half of last generation, went into this generation with terrible PR and marketing, and have continued to spend the last 5 years not offering anything of value outside of Game Pass; what makes you think that they've earned consumer trust? 

So far this year they have 1 quality exclusive (Forza Horizon 4) compared to PS4's 14 games and the Switch's 8. (That's games with a 75 average or higher with 20 reviews or more on Gamerankings. PC multiplat and last-gen remasters DO count. However, if we're going by JUST PURE exclusives, then the numbers go: 0 for Xbox One, 6 for PS4, and 2 games on Switch). My point is, you're being awfully optimistic when it comes to this stuff. 

Yet NPD just showed the top 10 games for ps4 and only one exclusive. PS4 owners buy the same games as Xbox 95% of the time. Sony was selling well for the first three years and they had only one exclusive game that sold over 3 million at that time which was uncharted 4.

Nautilus said:
That was a weak show

4/10

I wouldn't even give it that. Crackdown looks terrible and the rest was all gamepass stuff and expansions for games I don't have or don't like. 

2/10 and I'm only being that generous because the crowd was inexplicably excited, even when No Man's Sea was discussed. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
Nautilus said:
That was a weak show

4/10

I wouldn't even give it that. Crackdown looks terrible and the rest was all gamepass stuff and expansions for games I don't have or don't like. 

2/10 and I'm only being that generous because the crowd was inexplicably excited, even when No Man's Sea was discussed. 

I'd give it a 4/10 but going towards 3/10 because of gamepass gamepass gamepass.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!