By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pittsburg Shooting Killed 11 People. Gun control?

What should be done about guns in the US?

Nothing 9 13.43%

Strict background checks 35 52.24%

Ban guns 18 26.87%

other- comment down below. 5 7.46%

Total:67
flashfire926 said:
inb4 "guns don't kill people, people kill people"

They leave off the two most important words of that: People kill people with guns.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

As it stands, people like Tails are almost or just as likely to buy and own a gun as people like Heads. 

This is not true at all. For every single Tails, there are a hundred thousand Heads. More than 99.999% of gun owners don't use their guns to murder people. That is why detecting the Tails of the world is so hard. 

Einstein thinks that the synagogue should have had armed guards, and that would have solved the problem. The results would have been different. Einstein is so smart. I wish more people listened to him and his ideas about everything. How can Einstein be so smart while dealing with the pressure of intercepting people from South America, and from other parts further south? The bad ones AND the wonderful ones.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

As long as Republicans are in control of Congress nothing will get done on the gun control front. Even if Dems take the house, they aren't going to take the Senate so again nothing will get done. So expect to keep seeing mass shootings on a regular basis.

Heck, even when Dems had the house, senate, and WH they still did nothing under Obama so maybe Dems are ok with these mass shootings too. Guess that's what you get when you have two political parties who really aren't that different from one another.

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Ganoncrotch said:

time to look through games and find one to blame, I'm sure there is some asset flip on Steam... "Call of Jewty : Synagouge your enemies" that'll take the hit for this one and then we can resume life as normal with our precious precious guns.

In all honesty you'll just get the same rubbish of someone linking a video or picture of 30 guns in a stand which aren't killing people because guns don't kill people or someone else that suggests he could have killed and injured the same number of people with a knife or his shoe, maybe even throw in a link to that knifing spree on the Japanese train... leaving out the fact that there was at least 20+ attackers involved in that crazy attack.

Thoughts and Prayers.... Jewish thoughts and Prayers no less! I'm sure they'll be of great comfort for that family / community tonight.

Just gonna say, I'm happy to live in Ireland a country with 16x less deaths per 100k to guns compared to USA also we have 22x less guns per 100 people (4 per 100 in Ireland, 89 per 100 in USA) but I'm gonna guess that it's a complete co incidence that we have less gun murder with less guns about. 0.8 murders per 100,000 here btw, just in case there is a suggestion that we are murdering each other with shoes instead, murder rate is about 1/10th that of the States.

Ireland is also an island

its much harder to keep guns out of the US.  The US produces a lot of guns and even if the country stops all that there’s a southern border that entire people can get across fairly frequently

The republic of Ireland shares the island it's on with northern Ireland a country which has 11 guns per 100 people.

To suggest that gun laws shouldn't be implemented because you have a land border with somewhere is ridiculous, you might as well abolish your speed limits on roads because someone can just drive down from Canada at speed...

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

PAOerfulone said:

What we need (Minimum):
- Far stricter background checks across all 50 states.
- Age restriction on all purchases (18 years of age to purchase/own handguns; 21 years of age to purchase assault rifles; Exceptions can be made to military members.)
- A Driver's License like system towards owning and purchasing a gun. - Training and testing (physical and especially mental) that requires all applicants to pass with a certain score (85 or above) and approval from gun-wielding officials (police officers, trainers, etc.) in order for them to gain a gun license that shows they have been deemed physically and mentally responsible to own a gun and they understand and know how to respond accordingly to situations where they may have to use their guns for self-protection and the protection of others.

What we will get:
- Thoughts and prayers.

Why should any civilian being able to own an assault rifle. I can see why someone wants to own a handgun. Not something I agree with, but sure in the rare case someone breaks into your house and tries to steal shit or someone tries to assault you.

So I can see owning a handgun could come in handy, in extreme scenario's. But no one except Police and Military people should be able to own fully or semi automatic assault rifles or shotguns for protection. Simply because those weapons are not designed to defend yourself but to kill anyone at the other end of the barrel. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Its time to go back to the times where everyone owns a gun. That is probably the only solution that America will accept. Remove all gun control and allow anyone to purchase a gun and also wear their gun in any establishment. That means, schools, stores, hospitals you name it. Each individual place that doesn't want people taking their guns into their place should thoroughly search everyone, remove their guns before entry and have armed guards just in case for the nut job.

Or you can be like Japan and have very strict gun control, people have to register their guns every 3 years to make sure they still have their guns and if not huge penalties. Homes should be randomly raided for guns and if none are registered, huge penalties and maybe even criminal prosecution.

Or we can just do nothing like we always have, ask for prayers and then go on with our lives until the next mass killing. Option 3 probably will be what we do because at the end of the day, America is what it is and there will never be any change along these lines.

Fake news, false flag

User is warned - Aura7541

Last edited by Aura7541 - on 28 October 2018

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

sc94597 said:

That the focus in this thread is on gun-control and not white-nationalism is a bit alarming.

I only just read the details, and that aspect of the situation, I agree, is the far more disgusting part.

1. The ceremony attacked was a baby naming ceremony.
2. Five of the people killed were Holocaust survivors. The 1940s final solution didn't kill him; it was the very nation that supposedly liberated him that saw them shot dead because of their Jewish heritage by a guy who sounds just like the very fascists the Americans helped defeat in the second world war.

I am aware antisemitism existed before the second world war, there was the massacre in Russia not too long before. What is most alarming to me is reading that this guy's brand of antisemitism sounds identical to the Nazi regime. It's disheartening to see that one of the strongest anti-fascist nations in the mid-20th century become so limp-wristed on the issue today regarding ideologies of hate. I am not exaggerating here, if your ideology of "Make American Great Again" includes the extermination of Jews and minorities (as this guy's was), you're a fascist - and such sociopathic ideologies have no place in Western society, and we should be vigilant against them.

I agree, again, this goes way above the gun issue, and this isn't the first time in recent years that a hate ideologist has targeted and murdered people on no greater basis than their ethnicity or religion. These killings are just the tip of the iceberg, they come from a growing sociopathic sickness that is occurring right now - and that is the story; because Western society has had this sickness before.

I understand why the gun issue is controversial. On the issue of fascism, there should be no controversy on policy to stomp it out of existence.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 28 October 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.