By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pittsburg Shooting Killed 11 People. Gun control?

What should be done about guns in the US?

Nothing 9 13.43%

Strict background checks 35 52.24%

Ban guns 18 26.87%

other- comment down below. 5 7.46%

Total:67
quickrick said:
why isnt this called a terrorist attack? if its white person it can't be labeled that for some reason.

True, the media has it's bias 

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
flashfire926 said:
inb4 "guns don't kill people, people kill people"

While that statement is true, I would amend that "people with guns kill more people" to it.

Spot on. However, that statement is abused as a cop out for the ones who defend lax gun laws.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Is this a hate crime?

quickrick said:
why isnt this called a terrorist attack?

Terrorist acts usually have some political motivation underneath. As far as I know, this shooting could just be a nut looking for people to kill because it gets him off or he just played Hatred.

quickrick said:
if its white person it can't be labeled that for some reason.

Says who?

None Muslim ---> Hate crime or Mentally sick
Muslim---> Terrorist attack

Enough said.....

I don't think banning guns altogether is the answer and I'm not in favor of taking guns away from citizens who have a good track record and are proven responsible owners.
But, the problem is the people like this punk in this latest shooting. People who clearly have a few screws loose upstairs.
Look at it this way.
Let's say there are two people; Heads and Tails, I'll call them.
Heads - A responsible, admirable, respectful, and trustworthy individual who is praised and beloved by everyone who knows him. He's also a gun owner, multiple guns in fact. However, he understands the responsibility and burden that comes with owning a gun and treats them seriously. He keeps them stored safely and only takes them out or uses them a) when he wants to go hunting. Or b) for self-defense or to protect others. He saves his bullets for when absolutely necessary. And we would feel more safe and secure to be in his house, knowing his armed and equipped to protect us should something bad happen.

And then, there's Tails - A hateful, vengeful, mentally ill psychopath who is feared, shunned, and vilified by most people who know him. He is a gun owner as well. Need I say more on what a person like that could do with a gun?

As it stands, people like Tails are almost or just as likely to buy and own a gun as people like Heads. THAT'S the problem.
Gun Control is the obvious solution to this problem, but the politicians in power, who have taken money and support from the NRA to help put them in those positions off power, do not want to do it out of fear for their own position. They put themselves and their own selfish needs over the needs and safety of the citizens they are supposed to serve.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 28 October 2018

Around the Network

yup that was a case of white terrorism.

His agenda was clear unlike some random school shooting.

it was video games, and trumps fault.

if logic that most use is applied.

Ganoncrotch said:

time to look through games and find one to blame, I'm sure there is some asset flip on Steam... "Call of Jewty : Synagouge your enemies" that'll take the hit for this one and then we can resume life as normal with our precious precious guns.

In all honesty you'll just get the same rubbish of someone linking a video or picture of 30 guns in a stand which aren't killing people because guns don't kill people or someone else that suggests he could have killed and injured the same number of people with a knife or his shoe, maybe even throw in a link to that knifing spree on the Japanese train... leaving out the fact that there was at least 20+ attackers involved in that crazy attack.

Thoughts and Prayers.... Jewish thoughts and Prayers no less! I'm sure they'll be of great comfort for that family / community tonight.

Just gonna say, I'm happy to live in Ireland a country with 16x less deaths per 100k to guns compared to USA also we have 22x less guns per 100 people (4 per 100 in Ireland, 89 per 100 in USA) but I'm gonna guess that it's a complete co incidence that we have less gun murder with less guns about. 0.8 murders per 100,000 here btw, just in case there is a suggestion that we are murdering each other with shoes instead, murder rate is about 1/10th that of the States.

Ireland is also an island

its much harder to keep guns out of the US.  The US produces a lot of guns and even if the country stops all that there’s a southern border that entire people can get across fairly frequently

I am Iron Man

Ganoncrotch said:

time to look through games and find one to blame, I'm sure there is some asset flip on Steam... "Call of Jewty : Synagouge your enemies" that'll take the hit for this one and then we can resume life as normal with our precious precious guns.

In all honesty you'll just get the same rubbish of someone linking a video or picture of 30 guns in a stand which aren't killing people because guns don't kill people or someone else that suggests he could have killed and injured the same number of people with a knife or his shoe, maybe even throw in a link to that knifing spree on the Japanese train... leaving out the fact that there was at least 20+ attackers involved in that crazy attack.

Thoughts and Prayers.... Jewish thoughts and Prayers no less! I'm sure they'll be of great comfort for that family / community tonight.

Just gonna say, I'm happy to live in Ireland a country with 16x less deaths per 100k to guns compared to USA also we have 22x less guns per 100 people (4 per 100 in Ireland, 89 per 100 in USA) but I'm gonna guess that it's a complete co incidence that we have less gun murder with less guns about. 0.8 murders per 100,000 here btw, just in case there is a suggestion that we are murdering each other with shoes instead, murder rate is about 1/10th that of the States.

You are weird.

How do you so much know about Japan ?

I know very little about Ireland though.

User warned due to this post -cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 29 October 2018

That the focus in this thread is on gun-control and not white-nationalism is a bit alarming. 

Anyway, I don't think there is a gun-control law which would've prevented a white guy in his 40's with what seems to be no prior criminal background from obtaining one. 

He probably has had the gun for years, and would be grandfathered into any ban. 

Gun control is not going to stop a person like this: