By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Level 5's Ushiro is coming to the Switch.

https://nintendoeverything.com/level-5-bringing-formerly-cancelled-game-ushiro-to-nintendo-switch/

"Famitsu reveals a new game from Level-5 coming to Nintendo Switch – or rather, an old one: Ushiro, a game that was initially revealed in 2008 and was supposed to be released for Sony’s PSP, but never actually came out."

Isn't this game the one Famitsu's Most Wanted list is always gushing for? Surprise it's being resurrected from the PSP to the Switch.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Wonder if in the most wanted we can finally see it die.

Wow the concept got saved after all this game after being cancelled was revisited and changed into that game Time Travelers hence why the protagonists look the same in these two project now the original concept is becoming its own game again, I can't think of any other game this has happened to.

Always glad to see a cancelled or on-hold game see the light of day. Based on the trailer, it doesn’t look like anything special, but who knows!

Sometimes all you need is a good idea / concept.
People really liked the concept of this game.... so this is good news.

Around the Network

This is again another RPG for Switch, it already has more RPGs than the last 4 previous home consoles combined it may already be approaching the 3DS total at this point but I haven't checked.

Wyrdness said:
This is again another RPG for Switch, it already has more RPGs than the last 4 previous home consoles combined it may already be approaching the 3DS total at this point but I haven't checked.

uh, what? I highly doubt it's passed up the Wii, let alone 3DS.

I'm interested to see what this turns out to be. Level 5 hasn't had the best of times in recent years.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Wyrdness said:

I'm interested to see what this turns out to be. Level 5 hasn't had the best of times in recent years.

Can you list the RPGs on the Wii because I know Switch has a good number in its line up:

Valkrya Chronicles
Valkrya Chronicles 4
I Am Setsuna
Octopath Traveler
Yakoi Watch
Inazuma Eleven
DQ Builders
DQ Builders 2
DQXI
FFVII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFXII
FFCC
Disgaea
Disgaea 5
Atelier Lydie
The Village
XBC2
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Golf Story
Grandia Remake
Grandia 2 Remake
Langrisser 1+2 Remaster
Little Dragon Cafe
Lost Sphear
Pokemon LG
Pokemon Gen 8
Romancing Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei V
Shining Resonance Refrain
Tales of Vesperia Remaster
TWEWY
World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Ys VIII
Ushiro

outlawauron said:
Wyrdness said:

I think actually it may have passed the Wii in that regard, because the Switch has a lot of Indies, but that wasn't a big thing back in the Wii days. There were a few WiiWare-games, but not that much. Look into the eShop. I just made a search with the genre RPG in the european eshop and came up with 170. Maybe Wii had more, but without all the indies it is probably at least close.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Wyrdness said:
outlawauron said:

Can you list the RPGs on the Wii because I know Switch has a good number in its line up:

Valkrya Chronicles
Valkrya Chronicles 4
I Am Setsuna
Octopath Traveler
Yakoi Watch
Inazuma Eleven
DQ Builders
DQ Builders 2
DQXI
FFVII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFXII
FFCC
Disgaea
Disgaea 5
Atelier Lydie
The Village
XBC2
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Golf Story
Grandia Remake
Grandia 2 Remake
Langrisser 1+2 Remaster
Little Dragon Cafe
Lost Sphear
Pokemon LG
Pokemon Gen 8
Romancing Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei V
Shining Resonance Refrain
Tales of Vesperia Remaster
TWEWY
World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Ys VIII
Ushiro

Wii and 3DS had much more than nsw, but I'm just too lazy to list them. Someone, pls, make the list. :)

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?