By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Level 5's Ushiro is coming to the Switch.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

This really just comes off as whining to me. It's not and wasn't a "debate", which is why the post is linearly in the direction of making an opinion instead of an argument. It wasn't a "debate" until you responded. I didn't start the post to "debate". Furthermore, the post says literally nothing about how people should act. It's a post talking about how hyperbolic people have been and how much exaggeration I've seen on this site, which by the way, is also in relation to other platforms like Playstation, not just Nintendo's selection. If you want to make the argument that complaining about a take regarding a certain topic is telling people how to think or how to act, then you can, the problem with that is that it's an incredibly misleading point to make, first because it's completely figurative, but second because it would essentially invalidate 99.99% of arguments as nothing more than "trying to tell people what to do". Let me give you some perspective: every contested point ever made has to have some level of someone believing that the conclusion they came to was better than the conclusion others made. That's how the point even becomes contested in the first place. So unless you're saying that every contested point fizzles down to people telling others what to act, what to think, etc. then I can not help but think you're just complaining to make a grievance with how I said something and not what I said. Bad point on your part, in my opinion. 

That's true, fair point, not really the kind of people I'm talking about though? If it was just  "wow support has been better than I imagined" I wouldn't even comment. Instead it's in large part invalidating or at least underplaying other platform selections to make the Switch look better. 

You flat out say lets just wait after complaining about the debate that's telling people what to do, you may not want to debate sure but others are free too ironically it's your own post that comes off as the most whiny here. People can contest points yes notice how people were doing just that and each of them did so in a far different angle to what you came in with before trying to say lets just wait.

What contradicts your post here is that the debate was going in the direction of comparing selections to further discuss the situation this is another irony as no platform was put down as you claim and no actual situation in this thread is like the one you say you're complaining of which brings the context of your post into question as it looks like you assumed something with out clarification on what was being said. It's another irony as the exaggeration you say is part of your complaint comes only from you here.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

This really just comes off as whining to me. It's not and wasn't a "debate", which is why the post is linearly in the direction of making an opinion instead of an argument. It wasn't a "debate" until you responded. I didn't start the post to "debate". Furthermore, the post says literally nothing about how people should act. It's a post talking about how hyperbolic people have been and how much exaggeration I've seen on this site, which by the way, is also in relation to other platforms like Playstation, not just Nintendo's selection. If you want to make the argument that complaining about a take regarding a certain topic is telling people how to think or how to act, then you can, the problem with that is that it's an incredibly misleading point to make, first because it's completely figurative, but second because it would essentially invalidate 99.99% of arguments as nothing more than "trying to tell people what to do". Let me give you some perspective: every contested point ever made has to have some level of someone believing that the conclusion they came to was better than the conclusion others made. That's how the point even becomes contested in the first place. So unless you're saying that every contested point fizzles down to people telling others what to act, what to think, etc. then I can not help but think you're just complaining to make a grievance with how I said something and not what I said. Bad point on your part, in my opinion. 

That's true, fair point, not really the kind of people I'm talking about though? If it was just  "wow support has been better than I imagined" I wouldn't even comment. Instead it's in large part invalidating or at least underplaying other platform selections to make the Switch look better. 

You flat out say lets just wait after complaining about the debate that's telling people what to do, you may not want to debate sure but others are free too ironically it's your own post that comes off as the most whiny here. People can contest points yes notice how people were doing just that and each of them did so in a far different angle to what you came in with before trying to say lets just wait.

What contradicts your post here is that the debate was going in the direction of comparing selections to further discuss the situation this is another irony as no platform was put down as you claim and no actual situation in this thread is like the one you say you're complaining of which brings the context of your post into question as it looks like you assumed something with out clarification on what was being said. It's another irony as the exaggeration you say is part of your complaint comes only from you here.

Damn, I didn't know a recommendation ("let's just wait") was LITERALLY telling people what to do .... 

Although I can agree with the rest of your post, I'm sorry, my bad. 

RolStoppable said:

Why does every Nintendo thread about one RPG recently have to devolve into "Wowoozaaaaaa, Switch is heaven for RPGS a.k.a. paradise!"

We've already been over this. No, Switch is not suddenly magically better than consoles that are 6+ years old. It has already taken a bit longer than expected for Switch to become an RPG machine, considering that for almost two years now we've heard the mantra "It will get all the Japanese support, it's the best, no one gets more Japanese support then me!" 

That being said ... it also is shaping up to be a pretty great RPG machine. If you include niche eshop releases, it's probably growing at a faster rate than say 3DS, even with some of the official Japanese support being slow (which I imagine is still somewhat close to the norm for a new system). I just don't get the bragging or trying to denounce older Nintendo systems ... let's just wait. 

That's an easy question to answer. There are multiple threads going around how third party support on Switch is lackluster, so downplaying is countered by overcompensation.

What's not easy to answer is why some people think that Wii had better RPG support than Switch. Wii didn't have many RPGs because the console was shunned by third parties. Virtual Console would have to be included to achieve any semblance of a varied RPG selection, but even then Wii's lifetime can't compete with Switch's first two years.

And yes, Switch's RPG library is growing faster than the 3DS's.

Yeah ... I do not get the Wii stuff(?). I don't think it had that many RPGs but it did have a decent selection iirc. I don't know, I wasn't old enough at the time to even know what an RPG was. 

What I think is a little bit far is the comparisons to outclassing the 3DS and PS4

But yeah, Switch is far outpacing them, it just seems rather slow when you actually own one and have to decide what to put your money towards

Green098 said:
Everything Level 5 seems to have in development feels like it's coming to Switch these days. Well at least for their core titles.

Still waiting for their first Switch game to release in the West though.

Pretty sure they stated in the spring that all their games going forward was going to release on the Switch.

Turn-based RPG with a horror theme?
I'm interested!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

Why does every Nintendo thread about one RPG recently have to devolve into "Wowoozaaaaaa, Switch is heaven for RPGS a.k.a. paradise!"

We've already been over this. No, Switch is not suddenly magically better than consoles that are 6+ years old. It has already taken a bit longer than expected for Switch to become an RPG machine, considering that for almost two years now we've heard the mantra "It will get all the Japanese support, it's the best, no one gets more Japanese support then me!" 

That being said ... it also is shaping up to be a pretty great RPG machine. If you include niche eshop releases, it's probably growing at a faster rate than say 3DS, even with some of the official Japanese support being slow (which I imagine is still somewhat close to the norm for a new system). I just don't get the bragging or trying to denounce older Nintendo systems ... let's just wait. 

Well, I think nobody here said Switch has a better selection than 3DS, only it might have in the future a better selection.

Wii though is another thing. I don't want to diminish the Wii, it was a great device, but I remember actively searching for RPGs. Only late in it's life came Xenoblade Chronicles and Last Story, without a doubt big games. If you want you can count Pandoras Tower too, although I personally see it more as an action-adventure (and a really great game). In regards to big RPGs Switch has so far only Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octopath Traveler. But at least with Dragon Quest XI and  SMT V (hopefully next year) the Switch will be overtaking the Wii in big RPGs. Mid-level RPGs the Wii had only a few. Tales of Symphonia and Opoona are the ones I remember. Switch already has Ys VIII, The Lost Child, Labyrinth of Refrain, Shining Resonance Refrain, Disgaea 5 and South Park. So clearly outdoing the Wii in that regard. And all the Final Fantasy stuff is still coming. Low key games the Switch is surely in front, as the situation is different because of Indies. Wii might have some RPGs through Virtual Console though. So in pure numbers Switch clearly is the better RPG machine, in big games it soon will be. I admit this is because these days are more games overall and games get more often ported. But this is the situation, so it makes gaming in much regards better than in previous gens.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

This looks like a great concept. I love when old seemingly cancelled games get resurrected.

Mar1217 said:
The death of a modern Famitsu meme ...

Are you sure? Famitsu asks for their list after game and platform. People could still vote to have Uchiro on PSP.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Wyrdness said:
outlawauron said:

uh, what? I highly doubt it's passed up the Wii, let alone 3DS.

I'm interested to see what this turns out to be. Level 5 hasn't had the best of times in recent years.

Can you list the RPGs on the Wii because I know Switch has a good number in its line up:

Valkrya Chronicles
Valkrya Chronicles 4
I Am Setsuna
Octopath Traveler
Yakoi Watch
Inazuma Eleven
DQ Builders
DQ Builders 2
DQXI
FFVII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFXII
FFCC

Disgaea
Disgaea 5
Atelier Lydie
The Village
XBC2
Fire Emblem Three Houses

Golf Story
Grandia Remake
Grandia 2 Remake
Langrisser 1+2 Remaster
Little Dragon Cafe
Lost Sphear
Pokemon LG
Pokemon Gen 8

Romancing Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei V
Shining Resonance Refrain
Tales of Vesperia Remaster
TWEWY
World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Ys VIII
Ushiro

If you include all of the eShop indies, then you'd need to include all of the VC games too. Even without those, I can still list a larger amount.

Also, what good does including games that aren't released yet? You don't get credit for things that don't exist yet.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Wyrdness said:

Can you list the RPGs on the Wii because I know Switch has a good number in its line up:

Valkrya Chronicles
Valkrya Chronicles 4
I Am Setsuna
Octopath Traveler
Yakoi Watch
Inazuma Eleven
DQ Builders
DQ Builders 2
DQXI
FFVII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFXII
FFCC

Disgaea
Disgaea 5
Atelier Lydie
The Village
XBC2
Fire Emblem Three Houses

Golf Story
Grandia Remake
Grandia 2 Remake
Langrisser 1+2 Remaster
Little Dragon Cafe
Lost Sphear
Pokemon LG
Pokemon Gen 8

Romancing Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei V
Shining Resonance Refrain
Tales of Vesperia Remaster
TWEWY
World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Ys VIII
Ushiro

If you include all of the eShop indies, then you'd need to include all of the VC games too. Even without those, I can still list a larger amount.

Also, what good does including games that aren't released yet? You don't get credit for things that don't exist yet.

According to whom? These are confirmed games so they count until, please don't try to move goal posts if you can't back your stance, eShop indie titles are also new releases for a platform VC is a backwards compatibility service not even the same thing. If you can list more please go on because so far the people who are saying Wii had more have not even listed one game, I've even done some research for you and others saying this and it so far doesn't back what you claim.