By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Level 5's Ushiro is coming to the Switch.

I wonder how Ryuzaki feels about this ...

Around the Network
0D0 said:

Wii and 3DS had much more than nsw, but I'm just too lazy to list them. Someone, pls, make the list. :)

That'd be too long to list, but it's pointless to compare them to a system that has only been out a little more than a year and a half anyways.

Switch very may likely have more if we compare them in the same time span, but it shouldn't even be close life to date.

Everything Level 5 seems to have in development feels like it's coming to Switch these days. Well at least for their core titles.

Still waiting for their first Switch game to release in the West though.

0D0 said:

Wii and 3DS had much more than nsw, but I'm just too lazy to list them. Someone, pls, make the list. :)

Those were off the top of my head as someone else pointed out doing a check on eShop brings up over 100 titles, if Wii had much more surely it would be easy to list more than the 30 or so I listed.

Mnementh said:

I think actually it may have passed the Wii in that regard, because the Switch has a lot of Indies, but that wasn't a big thing back in the Wii days. There were a few WiiWare-games, but not that much. Look into the eShop. I just made a search with the genre RPG in the european eshop and came up with 170. Maybe Wii had more, but without all the indies it is probably at least close.

What I'm thinking as well, looking things up for Wii rpgs all I really found was this which is about 36 games which is the most of any source I've seen as even Metacritic only has 20 or so listed or Wii, some other sources have the same list but add Zelda and such in it. From what I can see NS has already passed Wii in that regard.

Around the Network

Why does every Nintendo thread about one RPG recently have to devolve into "Wowoozaaaaaa, Switch is heaven for RPGS a.k.a. paradise!"

We've already been over this. No, Switch is not suddenly magically better than consoles that are 6+ years old. It has already taken a bit longer than expected for Switch to become an RPG machine, considering that for almost two years now we've heard the mantra "It will get all the Japanese support, it's the best, no one gets more Japanese support then me!" 

That being said ... it also is shaping up to be a pretty great RPG machine. If you include niche eshop releases, it's probably growing at a faster rate than say 3DS, even with some of the official Japanese support being slow (which I imagine is still somewhat close to the norm for a new system). I just don't get the bragging or trying to denounce older Nintendo systems ... let's just wait. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Why does every Nintendo thread about one RPG recently have to devolve into "Wowoozaaaaaa, Switch is heaven for RPGS a.k.a. paradise!"

We've already been over this. No, Switch is not suddenly magically better than consoles that are 6+ years old. It has already taken a bit longer than expected for Switch to become an RPG machine, considering that for almost two years now we've heard the mantra "It will get all the Japanese support, it's the best, no one gets more Japanese support then me!" 

That being said ... it also is shaping up to be a pretty great RPG machine. If you include niche eshop releases, it's probably growing at a faster rate than say 3DS, even with some of the official Japanese support being slow (which I imagine is still somewhat close to the norm for a new system). I just don't get the bragging or trying to denounce older Nintendo systems ... let's just wait. 

Except it's not denouncing older platforms it's highlighting an improvement in situation from before as it was a genre Nintendo platforms suffered heavily in we're free to discuss how a situation is shaping up much like you're free to just wait.

Wyrdness said:

Except it's not denouncing older platforms it's highlighting an improvement in situation from before as it was a genre Nintendo platforms suffered heavily in we're free to discuss how a situation is shaping up much like you're free to just wait.

I've never understood the type of response that act's like criticizing a kind of take on a discussion suddenly means the person is implying dictatorship over someone and thinks that they shouldn't be able to have free discussion ... lol ... 

Really, Nintendo has a long history of having a great selection of RPGs on handhelds ... in fact I don't think that's disputed. Home consoles is about 50/50, depends on the console. 

Wyrdness said:

I've never understood the type of response that act's like criticizing a kind of take on a discussion suddenly means the person is implying dictatorship over someone and thinks that they shouldn't be able to have free discussion ... lol ... 

Really, Nintendo has a long history of having a great selection of RPGs on handhelds ... in fact I don't think that's disputed. Home consoles is about 50/50, depends on the console. 

If a post offers nothing to the debate other than trying to tell people what to do you'll get such responses because that's how it comes across especially as you assume people are denouncing or what ever with out any clarification.

Their history of rpgs is what people are looking at to discuss the situation to ascertain how the Switch is performing and could perform the home consoles with good selections are mainly back in the 80s and 90s with NES and SNES while Wii is the only platform in recent times to have some semblance of a selection. Before release and in the early days of the Switch people were questioning whether support would be like either the home consoles or the portables.

Wyrdness said:

If a post offers nothing to the debate other than trying to tell people what to do you'll get such responses because that's how it comes across especially as you assume people are denouncing or what ever with out any clarification.

Their history of rpgs is what people are looking at to discuss the situation to ascertain how the Switch is performing and could perform the home consoles with good selections are mainly back in the 80s and 90s with NES and SNES while Wii is the only platform in recent times to have some semblance of a selection. Before release and in the early days of the Switch people were questioning whether support would be like either the home consoles or the portables.

This really just comes off as whining to me. It's not and wasn't a "debate", which is why the post is linearly in the direction of making an opinion instead of an argument. It wasn't a "debate" until you responded. I didn't start the post to "debate". Furthermore, the post says literally nothing about how people should act. It's a post talking about how hyperbolic people have been and how much exaggeration I've seen on this site, which by the way, is also in relation to other platforms like Playstation, not just Nintendo's selection. If you want to make the argument that complaining about a take regarding a certain topic is telling people how to think or how to act, then you can, the problem with that is that it's an incredibly misleading point to make, first because it's completely figurative, but second because it would essentially invalidate 99.99% of arguments as nothing more than "trying to tell people what to do". Let me give you some perspective: every contested point ever made has to have some level of someone believing that the conclusion they came to was better than the conclusion others made. That's how the point even becomes contested in the first place. So unless you're saying that every contested point fizzles down to people telling others what to act, what to think, etc. then I can not help but think you're just complaining to make a grievance with how I said something and not what I said. Bad point on your part, in my opinion. 

That's true, fair point, not really the kind of people I'm talking about though? If it was just  "wow support has been better than I imagined" I wouldn't even comment. Instead it's in large part invalidating or at least underplaying other platform selections to make the Switch look better.