By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps4 sells over 7m in Japan

Lafiel said:

it's good that the PS4 is on track to outsell the PS3, yet I guess I'm not the only one who thought the gap would be a little bit wider with a full blown Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter and Kingdom Hearts (ofcourse that one is still to come) releasing on the system this time

Actually, when the PS4 came out, most people thought that it would sell less than the PS3 because of the fall of home consoles here. It's already a surprise to see it doing better. Nintendo didn't choose to do a hybrid for no reason...

Around the Network

Best selling home console of its generation in Japan. The only platform from that generation likely to outsell its predecessor. Not bad PS4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Party at Kerotan's. Wooo!

Kerotan said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/dev2016/thread.php?id=237393&page=1

Check out the latest media create sales thread. Ps4 has now beaten the 7m milestone. Next up 7.5m and 8m which it should have any problem doing. 9m I predict at some point in 2019 and 10m in 2020. 

Congrats Sony and PS4 for that milestone. And after it initially struggled it is good to see it recovered. Sony put some work into it, to get a better japanese reception and it shows.

OTBWY said:
Party at Kerotan's. Wooo!

Woooo!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Congrats PS4. Let's see how far it can go!

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Cannibalism unconfirmed?

Haha good times. 

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

(...)

Ps4 has now beaten the 7m milestone. Next up 7.5m and 8m which it should have any problem doing. 9m I predict at some point in 2019 and 10m in 2020. 

Didn't expect that from you. Using half a million as a milestone is a stealthy dig at a sluggish performance. Either you are desperate or you have humor.

There quarters of the way to 10m homie. Like ps4 getting to 75m is a bigger milestone point then 7 0 or 80m.

@the guy asking how is it doing compared to ps3. I think it's like 430k ahead but ps3 about to go through a slow period so it should power past 500k again. Who knows how high it can go. 

PS2 sold over 20 Mil, this is pretty disappointing. All the consoles are really disappointing. They in to mobile games or what?

ZODIARKrebirth said:
think sony hoped for more, but maybe upcoming games like kingdom hearts, ff VIIR, resident evil 2 R, granblue fantasy can boost it to 10 mil

You think FF7R is coming out on PS4. That's so adorable.

contestgamer said:
PS2 sold over 20 Mil, this is pretty disappointing. All the consoles are really disappointing. They in to mobile games or what?

The mobile games were negligible or almost during the PS2 era. The mobile games market in Japan was at 5.1 billions dollars in 2012, and 9.5 billions in 2015. It now has a 25% annual growth rate, and is bigger than the US market even with 3 times less mobile users.

Meanwhile, the console market was at 2.6 billions in 2016 (-7% between 2015 and 2016). It's apparently 3 times smaller than 10 years ago.

So yes, they're pretty much into mobile now. 

Still pretty bad times for Sony in Japan. The lack of a fully supported Mobile is killing them. At its peak Sony had 23 Million PS2's and 20 Million PSP's in Japan. Now they are at 7 Million PS4 and almost 6 Million PSV's. With Nintendo offering AAA games for Home and Handheld consumption with SwItch, it looks like things will only get worse.

Sony is really gonna need that Ryzen/Navi Mobile SOC based PS Mobile device next gen if they want to have any presence in Japan. With Google bringing AAA games to Mobile and Home devices next gen it may be just as important in the US and EU as it will be in Japan. I believe even with 100% focus on PS4 it will still fall short of PS3 in Japan when it's all said and done.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL