Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps4 sells over 7m in Japan

Kerotan said:

globalisateur said:

Yes PS4 will most likely sell twice less than PS2 in Japan in the end. But monetization is much better with PS4. Many people that bought PS2 did it for the DVD player. And there wasn't any online store (and their 30% cut on all transactions) and PS+ services back then.

They'll make more profit selling 11 million PS4 than selling 20 million PS2:

Case fucking closed. Ps4 is the most successful playstation ever in japan. Most profitable. How do people even argue Sony don't care about Japan. Its crazy. 

Please show me where on that chart it says anything about Japan.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Kerotan said:

Case fucking closed. Ps4 is the most successful playstation ever in japan. Most profitable. How do people even argue Sony don't care about Japan. Its crazy. 

You can be sure that 7 mill (and counting) PS4 sold in Japan is more profitable than 10.5 mill PS3.

Usually, you guys fall over each other to point out how big of a failure PS3 was financially. You can't have it both ways.

Replicant said:
zorg1000 said:

You can be sure that 7 mill (and counting) PS4 sold in Japan is more profitable than 10.5 mill PS3.

Usually, you guys fall over each other to point out how big of a failure PS3 was financially. You can't have it both ways.

Read what he said again, PS3 was never mentioned, he said it would be more profitable than PS2 (~23 milllion).

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 26 August 2018

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Dr.Vita said:
Remember when people thought that it would never reach 7M lifetime?

Congrats PS4 for this amazing milestone!

Meh ive seen so much worse ;)

Replicant said:
zorg1000 said:

Thank you. 

Ps4 has a few million ps plus members in Japan paying 60$ a year. Sony get 30% cut on all digital sales including microtransactions. Ps4 hardware is so long due a big price cut they must be making a pretty penny per console. I just can't see when all is said and done the 10 to 11m ps4's don't make Sony the most profit in a gen ever.