By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 21 July 2018

Mnementh said:
MasonADC said:
So how long are we betting that the Switch holds on to the lead? Until late August? Either way, this makes me optimistic for the holidays

Which games are upcoming?

Mostly smaller titles and ports like Go Vacation and Okami HD.
I'd say Switch should remain on top until the first or second week of August, whenever Madden comes out.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
MasonADC said:
So how long are we betting that the Switch holds on to the lead? Until late August? Either way, this makes me optimistic for the holidays

Nothing mega big for ps4 until Spiderman in early September and Mario Party in October for Switch

PAOerfulone said:
Mnementh said:

I'd say Switch should remain on top until the first or second week of August, whenever Madden comes out.

MasonADC said:
Mnementh said:

Nothing mega big for ps4 until Spiderman in early September and Mario Party in October for Switch

Hmm, not sure if Switch can keep up with this smaller titles, after all current numbers are induced by Octopath.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Wow, PS4 actually did come in 3rd in NA this week. Looks like NPD tool actually is getting the order right even if the ratios are a bit off. I'm still impressed with the tool. Because this dip in PS4 sales seems to be a special case, but it is reflected in both the actual numbers here and in the NPD tool.

Sony needs to resolve their supply issue.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
PAOerfulone said:

MasonADC said:

Hmm, not sure if Switch can keep up with this smaller titles, after all current numbers are induced by Octopath.

Well, there is Monster Hunter the end of august for the west. Maybe it can help the Switch to hold up.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Wow, PS4 actually did come in 3rd in NA this week. Looks like NPD tool actually is getting the order right even if the ratios are a bit off. I'm still impressed with the tool. Because this dip in PS4 sales seems to be a special case, but it is reflected in both the actual numbers here and in the NPD tool.

It's probably due to the combined forces of low supply and Amazon Prime day boost

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Yeah I'm shocked by PS4 coming in at 3rd. Xbox will probably still come in 3rd overall for July NPD. Switch is doing great btw.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Switch numbers in Japan is absolutely amazing, great in all territories but Japan doing 2.5x the closest competition while still being neck and neck in all other regions is just great to see. Iwata's dream has been picked up by gamers just like he hoped it would be.

edit - fairly nuts to see that 3ds/X1 are so close in EU, Nintendos 7 year old mostly retired handheld shouldn't be the closest competition to the current Gen Xbox

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 14 August 2018

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

jason1637 said:
The NA figures are pretty close to what the prediction tool tracked in July.

Didn't the prediction tool have the Switch at least double the PS4 in points?