By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 21 July 2018

SKMBlake said:
I guess Switch sales will surpass Gamecube sales by october (or before)

Well it flew past Wii U sales, so why not? ^^

Around the Network

And in 2019, it will probably surpass N64 sales and in 2020 SNES sales and so on

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

TheBlackNaruto said:
SammyGiireal said:

For 2 weeks now the Switch tops everyone. Over 200k. On pace for the 20 mil units easy. Sony still has the upcoming Spider Man game though.

I wouldn't say easy but I am definitely hoping that they will be able to hit their goal!

If they are at 19 mil they would only need 5 more weeks of 200k sales...quite doable especially with the hype the new Smash game is gathering. Sony will make another strong push soon, but again with Smash on the horizon,  its quite posible the Switch remains on that 200k run.

Switch on top again!!!! See! This is what happens when there are many newly released games on the system!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

BEAUTIFUL (Rodin's voice)

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Around the Network
SammyGiireal said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I wouldn't say easy but I am definitely hoping that they will be able to hit their goal!

If they are at 19 mil they would only need 5 more weeks of 200k sales...quite doable especially with the hype the new Smash game is gathering. Sony will make another strong push soon, but again with Smash on the horizon,  its quite posible the Switch remains on that 200k run.

Their goal is 20m for the year though, not 20m LTD. VGC has Switch at 5.9m for the year so far.

Ka-pi96 said:
SammyGiireal said:

Their goal is 20m for the year though, not 20m LTD. VGC has Switch at 5.9m for the year so far.

In that case .....I can't see it happening 10 mil yeah, Smash and Pokemon would have to be massive system sellers for it to approach that 20 mil mark for year sales.

Ka-pi96 said:
SammyGiireal said:

Im pretty sure its for the FY and not the calendar year. I might be wrong tho. I dont think it will do 20 million calendar but might do it for the FY.

xMetroid said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Im pretty sure its for the FY and not the calendar year. I might be wrong tho. I dont think it will do 20 million calendar but might do it for the FY.

FY is possible I was thinking Calendar for a 10 to 12 mil mark. They will still need a big push from Smash and Pokemon which is likely as the hype for Smash keeps rising.

SammyGiireal said:
xMetroid said:

FY is possible I was thinking Calendar for a 10 to 12 mil mark. They will still need a big push from Smash and Pokemon which is likely as the hype for Smash keeps rising.

Only 10-12 millions on 2018 ? Its a more than 6 millions as of now and will sell atleast 6-7 millions just in November + December.