By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 21 July 2018

Switch really has being the most consistent sales wise cross the three major regions going for it.

Around the Network

Spiderman, Tomb Raider and RDR 2 will create a lot of bump for PS4 and X1(September and October). RDR 2 is the first fully 8th gen game developed by Rockstar. The boost can be insane.

Last edited by GameAnalyser - on 14 August 2018

TheBlackNaruto said:
Switch with a hold for two weeks in a row! NICE!!! PS4 still going strong wow. 3DS....ehhhhh dying. XB1 1hile not the best numbers still doing the best it has ever done.......and that poor Vita smh......

I recall the 3DS being slightly lower last week. It's doing pretty well for something that's seven years old and competing with the Switch.

Not too shabby.

KLAMarine said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Switch with a hold for two weeks in a row! NICE!!! PS4 still going strong wow. 3DS....ehhhhh dying. XB1 1hile not the best numbers still doing the best it has ever done.......and that poor Vita smh......

I recall the 3DS being slightly lower last week. It's doing pretty well for something that's seven years old and competing with the Switch.

Not too shabby.

It was lower you are right wow. And yeah not too shabby but still.....slowly dying lol. But it had a very good life and run!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Medisti said:

Are you suggesting it sold less because it sold too well, or am I misinterpreting?

PS4 pulled down by lack of supply while the XBO got boosted by Prime Day sale on Amazon, hence why PS4 is on the third place in the US this week, behind Switch and XBO

Ah, you meant for Xbox One. I thought you meant for PS4 for both, lol. Though, was there a lack of supply of PS4? I did see Xbox One was very high on Amazon Prime day because of the sale, but PS4 wasn't sold out the time I looked at it.

Around the Network

PS4 wasn't available at all during Prime Day. It actually hadn't been available for 3-4 months or so on Amazon US, though it has finally resurfaced in the past week or two.

Would be great if Switch could maintain this 200k/week pace up to Super Mario Party. Currently Switch is at 3m for the fiscal year, so after the 10-11 weeks until October it could be sitting a 5m. I wasn't expecting Switch to hit that until November.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Would be great if Switch could maintain this 200k/week pace up to Super Mario Party. Currently Switch is at 3m for the fiscal year, so after the 10-11 weeks until October it could be sitting a 5m. I wasn't expecting Switch to hit that until November.

That will be tricky to do; what's going to keep hardware sales over 200k for the next few months?

Another week in the lead, good Switch

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Medisti said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

PS4 pulled down by lack of supply while the XBO got boosted by Prime Day sale on Amazon, hence why PS4 is on the third place in the US this week, behind Switch and XBO

Ah, you meant for Xbox One. I thought you meant for PS4 for both, lol. Though, was there a lack of supply of PS4? I did see Xbox One was very high on Amazon Prime day because of the sale, but PS4 wasn't sold out the time I looked at it.

The Pro at least was unavailable online for most of July, and the Slim also had some problems.

Plus, neither were available on Amazon due to their 4 months long dispute.