Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

Wyrdness said:
Wait what? They block your account on other consoles?

If you've used the acc on PS4 then yes



Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
irstupid said:

Here are the messages you get when you try to log into an Xbox or a Switch, with and account that logged into PS4.

"This Fornite account is associated with a platform which does not allow it to operate on Xbox. Neither the Fortnite website or Epic Customer Service are able to change this. To Play Fortnite on Xbox, please create a new account."

or

"This Fornite account is associated with a platform which does not allow it to operate on Switch. Neither the Fortnite website or Epic Customer Service are able to change this. To Play Fortnite on Switch, please create a new account."

The general consensus across the entire internet is that it is Sony's fault. The only time the issue ever comes up is if someone tries using an account that has logged into a PS4 at some point. Never when dealing with any other system, PC, phone, ect.

Even if it's Sony's fault, Sony has NO POWER WHATSOEVER on what happens on a Switch or an Xbox so at best Sony asked Nintendo and Microsoft to block Fortnite accounts created on PS4 and both Nintendo and Microsoft are then accomplices to this. So worst case scenario all 3 brands are just as guilty, though Sony could be the one asking for this cause we all know Sony does not want to go for cross-platform gaming.

Saying that Sony blocks an account on Switch for Fortnite sounds as ludicrous as saying that Sony blocks Forza on Xbox should Forza not work on Xbox for some reason. I could conceive this if Fortnite was a Sony IP, but it's not so again only way to get this blocking to work is with the complicity of both Microsoft and Nintendo... And also the owners of the Fortnite IP must be accomplices.

The other way around would make more sense: Someone creating an account on Switch for fortnite would see it not work on Sony cause Sony can block anything it wants on Sony hardware, obviously but Whatever machine something is blocked on is THAT machine's fault primarily.

I don't think that's how it works. If a company makes clear to another one they're not allowed to use some of their services, the other company can't just bullishly move forward and use them anyway. Not without massive lawsuit risks for them.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

irstupid said:

Congrats, you are the only person in the world that thinks Sony is not the guilty party in all of this.

I suppose you also believe Sony when they say they don't like Crossplatform, because they need to protect the kids from the evil people on other systems.

Here are the facts:

Fortnite is crossplay between PS4, PC and Mobilie.

Fortnite is Crossplay between Xbox, PC, Switch and Mobile.

You can log into your epic account on the Xbox, PC, Switch, Mobile and get all your items, progress, ect with no problem. If you have ever logged into your Epic account on a PS$, you can no longer ever use that account on a Xbox or Switch.

Xbox, Switch and PC can all crosssplay with Minecraft and Rocket League. PS4 is PC only.

 

If you somehow can read all of that and believe that somehow it's Nintendo or Xbox's fault, then...

Nope but I'm probably the only person in this thread that thinks before throwing wild accusations.

If you could step back for a moment and try to be a bit more neutral you'd realize I never said Sony is not guilty here. I CLEARLY said ALL 3 brands must be guilty BECAUSE SONY cannot block something on Switch, ONLY Nintendo can block something on Switch. If you don't understand this very obvious fact then yeah, nothing I can do.

If anything Sony is at least not hypocrite in this issue, they are against cross-platform and they said it, Microsoft and Nintendo on the other hand are claiming that they are in favor of gamers and they would do nothing to block cross-platform play, yet on THEIR machine THEY block an account that was made on Playstation. WHY? If Sony asks them to block something that does NOT belong to Sony, they could very well say: Sorry Sony but on our system everything works, if you don't like it then block the game on YOUR platform but don't tell us what to do on OURS.... But that's not what we see here.

So to summarize, Sony is guilty of not wanting cross-platform or allowing it on Sony's machines. But whatever does not work on OTHER machines is primarily those machine's fault and problem.

I don't have a problem with people blaming this cross-platform thing on Sony but saying that Sony blocks a game that they don't own on a Switch or Xbox machine is ludicrous... Or perhaps Sony is so powerful that they tell Microsoft and Nintendo what to do inside their own system and both Nintendo and Microsoft obey like good little pets?

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 13 June 2018

Mandalore76 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

That seems to be an issue with Fortnite itself. I don't see how Sony could stop anyone from logging on Switch on a game that belongs to a third party. At best it's Nintendo that should be blamed for not letting people on THEIR platform log on a game for whatever reason.

But I don't even think that's the case, it must be a purely Fortnite issue because I assume the account you can't log on is a fortnite account and not a Sony nor Nintendo account.

Always interesting (and good for a laugh) to see the mental gymnastics people come up with to try and blame Nintendo for someone else's policies.

Yeah just as I'm amused to see how you guys get blocked by (in this case) the Switch and somehow accuse Sony of mysteriously having magic powers that allow Sony to block something on Switch. Must be like those conspiracy theories where people see the illuminati rule the world or whatever, amusing in the end



CrazyGamer2017 said:
irstupid said:

Congrats, you are the only person in the world that thinks Sony is not the guilty party in all of this.

I suppose you also believe Sony when they say they don't like Crossplatform, because they need to protect the kids from the evil people on other systems.

Here are the facts:

Fortnite is crossplay between PS4, PC and Mobilie.

Fortnite is Crossplay between Xbox, PC, Switch and Mobile.

You can log into your epic account on the Xbox, PC, Switch, Mobile and get all your items, progress, ect with no problem. If you have ever logged into your Epic account on a PS$, you can no longer ever use that account on a Xbox or Switch.

Xbox, Switch and PC can all crosssplay with Minecraft and Rocket League. PS4 is PC only.

 

If you somehow can read all of that and believe that somehow it's Nintendo or Xbox's fault, then...

Nope but I'm probably the only person in this thread that thinks before throwing wild accusations.

If you could step back for a moment and try to be a bit more neutral you'd realize I never said Sony is not guilty here. I CLEARLY said ALL 3 brands must be guilty BECAUSE SONY cannot block something on Switch, ONLY Nintendo can block something on Switch. If you don't understand this very obvious fact then yeah, nothing I can do.

If anything Sony is at least not hypocrite in this issue, they are against cross-platform and they said it, Microsoft and Nintendo on the other hand are claiming that they are in favor of gamers and they would do nothing to block cross-platform play, yet on THEIR machine THEY block an account that was made on Playstation. WHY? If Sony asks them to block something that does NOT belong to Sony, they could very well say: Sorry Sony but on our system everything works, if you don't like it then block the game on YOUR platform but don't tell us what to do on OURS.... But that's not what we see here.

So to summarize, Sony is guilty of not wanting cross-platform or allowing it on Sony's machines. But whatever does not work on OTHER machines it's primarily those machine's fault and problem.

I don't have a problem with people blaming this cross-platform thing on Sony but saying that Sony blocks a game that they don't own on a Switch or Xbox machine is ludicrous.

It’s since been revealed that Sony is causing the speedbump — an Epic Games rep confirmed to TechCrunch that Switch cross-play is supported with Xbox, PC, Mac, and mobile. But if you’ve tied your Epic Games account to a PSN name, then your play won’t be supported on the Switch.

Not to mention as this was all blowing up, Xbox tweeted out "Wanna play Fortnite" rubbing salt in the wound. If Microsoft was blocking as you said, why would they tweet out something? They obviously are taking a jab at Sony.



Around the Network
irstupid said:

It’s since been revealed that Sony is causing the speedbump — an Epic Games rep confirmed to TechCrunch that Switch cross-play is supported with Xbox, PC, Mac, and mobile. But if you’ve tied your Epic Games account to a PSN name, then your play won’t be supported on the Switch.

Not to mention as this was all blowing up, Xbox tweeted out "Wanna play Fortnite" rubbing salt in the wound. If Microsoft was blocking as you said, why would they tweet out something? They obviously are taking a jab at Sony.

AGAIN answer this very simple question: How can Sony block a game they don't own on a machine they don't own?

Sony is indeed the one not wanting cross-platform, nobody is denying that. But what is blocked on Switch is blocked by Nintendo, what's blocked on Xbox is blocked by Microsoft and what's blocked on Playstation is blocked by Sony end of story.

Unless you are implying that Sony hacked the Switch servers and injected code that makes those accounts not work on the Switch?



Daniel just posted this as well, and other media outlets are picking it up. Hopefully this public backlash makes Sony reconsider



 

CrazyGamer2017 said:
irstupid said:

It’s since been revealed that Sony is causing the speedbump — an Epic Games rep confirmed to TechCrunch that Switch cross-play is supported with Xbox, PC, Mac, and mobile. But if you’ve tied your Epic Games account to a PSN name, then your play won’t be supported on the Switch.

Not to mention as this was all blowing up, Xbox tweeted out "Wanna play Fortnite" rubbing salt in the wound. If Microsoft was blocking as you said, why would they tweet out something? They obviously are taking a jab at Sony.

AGAIN answer this very simple question: How can Sony block a game they don't own on a machine they don't own?

Sony is indeed the one not wanting cross-platform, nobody is denying that. But what is blocked on Switch is blocked by Nintendo, what's blocked on Xbox is blocked by Microsoft and what's blocked on Playstation is blocked by Sony end of story.

Unless you are implying that Sony hacked the Switch servers and injected code that makes those accounts not work on the Switch?

Sony can't block you directly from a service they don't own, but they sure can pressure the owners of said service to do so. I'm sure Sony told Epic to not allow certain kinds of cross platform combinations with their console, and Epic can't really disobey them, otherwise they would face legal repercussions.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

pikashoe said:
Sony seems to be returning to its arrogant, anti consumer ways. I much prefer when they strive to try and get people on there consoles.

Yea that's literally their never ending cycle. They listen to fans when desperate then once they are on a roll they just get so lazy and arrogant. Im not making stuff up lmao ive seen so many people commenting on how they are becoming arrogant again from their latest E3 conference and twitter was fired up when they realised Sony limited their accounts.

#4theplayers my ass. That's exactly why i hate sony. They play all cute and game just to end up at the same place once they have what they want. They sure make great games, but that's it lmao.



Darwinianevolution said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

AGAIN answer this very simple question: How can Sony block a game they don't own on a machine they don't own?

Sony is indeed the one not wanting cross-platform, nobody is denying that. But what is blocked on Switch is blocked by Nintendo, what's blocked on Xbox is blocked by Microsoft and what's blocked on Playstation is blocked by Sony end of story.

Unless you are implying that Sony hacked the Switch servers and injected code that makes those accounts not work on the Switch?

Sony can't block you directly from a service they don't own, but they sure can pressure the owners of said service to do so. I'm sure Sony told Epic to not allow certain kinds of cross platform combinations with their console, and Epic can't really disobey them, otherwise they would face legal repercussions.

Epic owns Fortnite right? So I simply can't understand how Sony could tell Epic what to do with their game on other systems? If anything it's the other way around, Epic owns Fortnite. Sony could try to pressure Epic, yes but in the end they cannot force Epic because what happens between Epic and Nintendo or Epic and Microsoft is NONE of Sony's business.

Only situation I can think of is Sony having signed an agreement with Epic on this issue, that per agreement Fortnite accounts made on Sony must not be compatible with other platforms, in which case YES, I could see how Sony has the upper hand here but in the end, why would Epic sign such an agreement?

By that logic we must blame exclusive games cause a game that comes exclusively on a platform from a studio NOT owned by that platform is nothing more than a legal agreement: We make our game for your platform exclusively as per our agreement.

In which case this would make this a dick move from both Sony and Epic. If that's the case then yeah, Nintendo and Microsoft have nothing to do with this. So is this the case?

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 13 June 2018