By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

Azzanation said:
quickrick:

Yea if you spent  money on fortnite, and want to play on the go that sucks. Many of the complaints are about crossplay, and who doesn't own a ps4 or PC at this point, besides most people already know you buy a console that your friends are gonna be on if you care for online console gaming. Microsoft now that there market has dwindled to doing  only good in the US are trying to get on that exclusive friend list that's why they are so desperate to be the good guy. 

Im confused with this post. There is over 7.6 billion people on this planet and you are comparing a device that isnt even a 1/4 of a billion sold LT and most PC owners dont play games. To say who doesnt own a PS4 and or PC is alittle immature. 

You should never force your customers in on your device, and from what i am reading cross-play isnt the problem, its the account locking which is a desperate/greedy move to gain your player base.

There are plenty of Switch and PS4 owners much like there is for other devices.. those logging on the Switch and than want to play on PS4 are forced to only play on PS4 which is nothing but a greedy tactic. This is something i expect a mega corp like MS to do, not a middle of the road company like Sony.

Strange how the bigger company is playing fair and the smalling company isnt. Whats sad to me is how there are people out there defending Sony's decision, regardless who does this should be recognized, labelled and called out.

Did you miss my post above yours, I agree sony should fix the issue with account locking, as for cross play it's up to sony, i'm good with what ever they choose, but i understand if they don't.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Azzanation said:

Im confused with this post. There is over 7.6 billion people on this planet and you are comparing a device that isnt even a 1/4 of a billion sold LT and most PC owners dont play games. To say who doesnt own a PS4 and or PC is alittle immature. 

You should never force your customers in on your device, and from what i am reading cross-play isnt the problem, its the account locking which is a desperate/greedy move to gain your player base.

There are plenty of Switch and PS4 owners much like there is for other devices.. those logging on the Switch and than want to play on PS4 are forced to only play on PS4 which is nothing but a greedy tactic. This is something i expect a mega corp like MS to do, not a middle of the road company like Sony.

Strange how the bigger company is playing fair and the smalling company isnt. Whats sad to me is how there are people out there defending Sony's decision, regardless who does this should be recognized, labelled and called out.

Did you miss my post above yours, I agree sony should fix the issue with account locking, as for cross play it's up to sony, i'm good with what ever they choose, but i understand if they don't.

I sort of agree with the cross play aswell however its still not a good image to have by not allowing it. There really is no benefit to the consumer by not allowing it.

Its all in favor of the buisness not the consumer move.

Yes i missed your latest post so i will say its good to see people jumping on them for locking the accounts. Its a new low for anti consumer policies. There really is no point in doing that apart from there thinking "we own the gaming industry, and we own the consumers" mentality.

quickrick said:
I have to admit the lock account thing is BS and has to be fixed, i suspect sony wants to fix it, but it's more complicated then it seems, they can probably get sues for this.

Cross-play would be great but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

People's accounts getting hijacked is shitty as hell.

I must admit I don't know the specific details over this controversy. If Sony doesn't want to allow cross-play, then that is okay with me, and I am also under the belief that it's their right to do so.

However, not being able to use your account on other platforms after playing on a PS4 does not settle well with me. Without knowing the details, that sounds both illegal and not possible. I'm wondering: If you played Fortnite on PC initially, then bought stuff on your account, then played on PS4 with that same account, then tried logging in on Switch, would you be blocked? The accounts themselves belong to EG, which makes me wonder how Sony is able to prevent this in the first place? Did Sony and EG strike a deal together where the only way Sony was allowing Fortnite to be playable on PS4 was if they gained the right to prevent other platforms from using the account? If that's the case, then I would only hope that it's made very clear to the players who spent money on the game. I would also hope that there would be a support number you can call to get things sorted out manually, as there are bound to be some people who got screwed over (most likely lots of people).

In summary, it's hard to know exactly how much at fault Sony is in this situation. The fact is, there are many, many people who got screwed over this, and that's the shitty part.

RaptorChrist said:

I must admit I don't know the specific details over this controversy. If Sony doesn't want to allow cross-play, then that is okay with me, and I am also under the belief that it's their right to do so.

However, not being able to use your account on other platforms after playing on a PS4 does not settle well with me. Without knowing the details, that sounds both illegal and not possible. I'm wondering: If you played Fortnite on PC initially, then bought stuff on your account, then played on PS4 with that same account, then tried logging in on Switch, would you be blocked? The accounts themselves belong to EG, which makes me wonder how Sony is able to prevent this in the first place? Did Sony and EG strike a deal together where the only way Sony was allowing Fortnite to be playable on PS4 was if they gained the right to prevent other platforms from using the account? If that's the case, then I would only hope that it's made very clear to the players who spent money on the game. I would also hope that there would be a support number you can call to get things sorted out manually, as there are bound to be some people who got screwed over (most likely lots of people).

In summary, it's hard to know exactly how much at fault Sony is in this situation. The fact is, there are many, many people who got screwed over this, and that's the shitty part.

That is the very thing going on.

You have PC players who purchased all of their cosmetics on the PC and only logged into the PS4 a time or two to grab an exclusive skin for logging into the PS4 version. Those PC gamers then tried playing on their switch when it was released and they are blocked because they logged into the PS4 once.

There was never a warning about it.