By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

Lol I bet if Nintendo and Sony could only turn back the time when Iphone didn't happen the world will be perfect.

It stole the thunder from them. What Apple did was a mastsr stroke. Create an ecosystem of rabid fanbase that don't care what you put out into the open.

Sony is just doing the same.Nintendo would do the same if they are on top. Xbox would do the same if they are on top. Microsoft is creating an android ecosystem for the PC and Xbox that could potentially become a threat to Playstation in the coming years. Sony is doing an apple. Harsh but true. Sony is trying to protect their business. They would be the loser in case Microsoft's ecosystem takes off. Nintendo can probably live with their IPs but Sony is in more direct danger with what MS can do with the ecosystem they have. They have the money and they will use it to their full advantage. Sony undestands this that's probably the reason the new CEO wants to commit on first party. Content is king and relying on 3rd party is not their best bet as they would probably lean on to Microsoft's ecosystem than Sony.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Lol I bet if Nintendo and Sony could only turn back the time when Iphone didn't happen the world will be perfect.

It stole the thunder from them. What Apple did was a mastsr stroke. Create an ecosystem of rabid fanbase that don't care what you put out into the open.

Sony is just doing the same.Nintendo would do the same if they are on top. Xbox would do the same if they are on top. Microsoft is creating an android ecosystem for the PC and Xbox that could potentially become a threat to Playstation in the coming years. Sony is doing an apple. Harsh but true. Sony is trying to protect their business. They would be the loser in case Microsoft's ecosystem takes off. Nintendo can probably live with their IPs but Sony is in more direct danger with what MS can do with the ecosystem they have. They have the money and they will use it to their full advantage. Sony undestands this that's probably the reason the new CEO wants to commit on first party. Content is king and relying on 3rd party is not their best bet as they would probably lean on to Microsoft's ecosystem than Sony.

Nintendo has it easy. When Microsoft and Sony do it, we all know they are doing it for selfish, greedy reasons.

When Nintendo does something like this, we chalk it up to them being behind the times, lol.

kurasakiichimaruALT said:

You say this and yet there's cross-play between PC and mobile, two huge ecosystems. Sony doesn't seem interested in cross-play with Nintendo hardware either. What threat is Nintendo, a company of just a few thousand? I'd hardly think Nintendo's ecosystem is as immense as Sony's or Microsoft's.

Marach said:
but does it mean that if you create your account on a switch, then log with in on a PS4, it will work, but after that you cannot log back to your switch, or you will have a message when you try to log on your ps4 that your account cannot be accessed from a ps4 ?

Yea, I see that message works the other way. I wonder if it has said that for xbox to ps4 as well.

This feels like its something that has been around for months but never noticed since people don't swap playing this between the consoles.

When even fucking nintendo, (with a console with undercooked online features and a sorry ass excuse for a voice chat), allows cross-play, you know Sony is fucking up.

There is no excuse for this bullshit.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
When even fucking nintendo, (with a console with undercooked online features and a sorry ass excuse for a voice chat), allows cross-play, you know Sony is fucking up.

Not new, just remembered.

Minecraft is Crossplay with all buy Sony, and even that huge update that improved the visuals of every device happened except on Sony, because of the lack of crossplay.

Rocket League is crossplay with all buy Sony as well.

There is a topic right now about how 2 million + downloads on Switch already for Fortnite. That is why this is getting coverage. You have probably a half a million people who are being told they need to create a new account right now.

irstupid said:
flashfire926 said:

Not new, just remembered.

Minecraft is Crossplay with all buy Sony, and even that huge update that improved the visuals of every device happened except on Sony, because of the lack of crossplay.

Rocket League is crossplay with all buy Sony as well.

There is a topic right now about how 2 million + downloads on Switch already for Fortnite. That is why this is getting coverage. You have probably a half a million people who are being told they need to create a new account right now.

I know, this has been going for the past few months.

Also, you can add Paladins to that list of games as well. Switch-Xbox crossplay is there, but Sony deliberately blocked it.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I should have read this thread before playing yesterday.
The storm killed me three times before understanding.🙂

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The only way I see PS being able to explain their way out of scenario's like this, now and into the future, is to launch a PS Portable that mimics Switch. That way they can just say we were working on our own version of the hardware as fast as we could, and now that we have one, you can buy it if you want to play your third party games on the go with the same account and its contents.

It doesn't exactly make everything better, especially if your a Nin fan, but it would be somewhat of a worthy excuse. With it sounding more and more like XB might be coming out with multiple hardware configurations in the future, it would be crazy to think PS won't follow suit, or already have plans that they are just keeping close to their chest.

If PS simply sticks to home console hardware going forward, then this type of backlash will most likely get worse and worse over time, and will eventually force them to open the flood gates.

Sony is to blame for now allowing cross play but how in the world are they to blame for what Epic does with their accounts? That makes no sense at all.

Do accounts from EA, Ubisoft, or Activision do that? If so, where the outcry over them? I've certainly never heard it.

Someone explain to me how Sony could do something like that with another company's code and framework because there is literally no way they could.