By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

pokoko said:
Sony is to blame for now allowing cross play but how in the world are they to blame for what Epic does with their accounts? That makes no sense at all.

Do accounts from EA, Ubisoft, or Activision do that? If so, where the outcry over them? I've certainly never heard it.

Someone explain to me how Sony could do something like that with another company's code and framework because there is literally no way they could.

Each of the three major console manufacturers gets their share of a microtransaction when it's sold on their console.

I guess Sony said to epic, they don't want someone buying a skin on the XBox shop, because maybe it's cheaper there and then use that skin on Playstation.
This and no cross play between consols also leads to the side effect that someone has to decide on which platform he wants to invest into skins which normaly benefits the bigger platform.

Around the Network

The truly guilty party here is Epic - for making a terrible deal with Sony. The real asshole here is Sony, for leveraging their market share to push Epic into a corner - "either let us screw players, or you can't put your game on our system."

Frankly, it is total scumbaggery by Sony. But, sometimes, that's business. At least one can understand why it is happening. However, it is total incompetence, and totally inexcusable on the part of Epic, to allow their players to be victimized by Sony in this way. At the very least, a player should be warned about what is about to happen when they're logging in or creating an account on PS.

Johnw1104 said:
Sony refusing cross-platform play was dick, but this was a whole new level of dickishness lol

When on top, you can be a dick. There's little incentive for them to open their platform up and allow people to play with their community without buying the requisite hardware outside of consumer friendliness, and that's not generally a very persuasive incentive heh

Not allowing cross-play is one thing, making users create another account is uncalled for.

Total dick move by Sony, and I say that as an owner of both systems.

How about id you signed in an Xbox One?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wyrdness said:

This is amazing xD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

This tired argument again.

Yes, Sony doesn't want to forfeit their market share by allowing those without PlayStation 4 to play with their base. This isn't strange or news, it has effectively been the norm forever. Only change is that unlike last gen the vast majority of players r on PS4, not xbox.

What this is is slightly different, this is the progression on one console not being able to transfer over. Sony does not intrinsically block this. It has been done with a few other linked titles. I don't think Sony has an issue with that. This is nothing more than an oversight glitch i believe.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
This tired argument again.

Yes, Sony doesn't want to forfeit their market share by allowing those without PlayStation 4 to play with their base. This isn't strange or news, it has effectively been the norm forever. Only change is that unlike last gen the vast majority of players r on PS4, not xbox.

What this is is slightly different, this is the progression on one console not being able to transfer over. Sony does not intrinsically block this. It has been done with a few other linked titles. I don't think Sony has an issue with that. This is nothing more than an oversight glitch i believe.

A glitch existing since fortnites launch on PS4 and Xbox and also existing in other games who are not developed or published by Epic. Interesting

Just dont play it on the Switch? done.

Has anyone started a kickstarter I can donate to for taking legal action against Sony? This sounds like Sony using their monopoly power. I hope the EU has been informed.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

KLAMarine said:
Kerotan said:

Microsoft and Nintendo are literally the exact same. They are only getting friendlier because Sony has the console market on lockdown. 

Be that as it may, the point stands that it's Sony that's holding back what would be a great standard in the industry.

Ps4 has cross play with mobile and pc. Sony don't want to work with their rivals Microsoft especially and Nintendo. You can understand. When did these companies ever do Sony a favour in the past. 

Ps4 has pure domination. Why would they help out their rivals.