By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

flashfire926 said:
When even fucking nintendo, (with a console with undercooked online features and a sorry ass excuse for a voice chat), allows cross-play, you know Sony is fucking up.

There is no excuse for this bullshit.

You know fortnite has voice chat btw? on Switch, with just a headset connected to the console.

https://kotaku.com/fortnite-on-switch-has-built-in-voice-chat-no-app-requ-1826771335

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

Be that as it may, the point stands that it's Sony that's holding back what would be a great standard in the industry.

Ps4 has cross play with mobile and pc. Sony don't want to work with their rivals Microsoft especially and Nintendo. You can understand. When did these companies ever do Sony a favour in the past. 

Ps4 has pure domination. Why would they help out their rivals. 

Interesting to say that, because this is the kind of move that actually pushes me to support the rivals more. This makes me more inclined to go play this game on Xbox or Nintendo instead, and makes me way less enthusiastic to get the microtransactions on their store too.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Ganoncrotch said:
flashfire926 said:
When even fucking nintendo, (with a console with undercooked online features and a sorry ass excuse for a voice chat), allows cross-play, you know Sony is fucking up.

There is no excuse for this bullshit.

You know fortnite has voice chat btw? on Switch, with just a headset connected to the console.

https://kotaku.com/fortnite-on-switch-has-built-in-voice-chat-no-app-requ-1826771335

Does this mean Switch and X1 now have cross console voice chat?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Just play it on the PS4 and problem solved.

pokoko said:
Sony is to blame for now allowing cross play but how in the world are they to blame for what Epic does with their accounts? That makes no sense at all.

Do accounts from EA, Ubisoft, or Activision do that? If so, where the outcry over them? I've certainly never heard it.

Someone explain to me how Sony could do something like that with another company's code and framework because there is literally no way they could.

It could be done contractually.

Kerotan said:
KLAMarine said:

Be that as it may, the point stands that it's Sony that's holding back what would be a great standard in the industry.

Ps4 has cross play with mobile and pc. Sony don't want to work with their rivals Microsoft especially and Nintendo. You can understand. When did these companies ever do Sony a favour in the past. 

I understand perfectly why Sony would be hesitant to fully embrace cross-platform play. All I want is for people to learn that Sony has steadily shed its pro-consumer policies as the gen progressed. Microsoft, on the other hand, has done well to exercise better pro-consumer policy as the gen got on.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Lol I bet if Nintendo and Sony could only turn back the time when Iphone didn't happen the world will be perfect.

It stole the thunder from them. What Apple did was a mastsr stroke. Create an ecosystem of rabid fanbase that don't care what you put out into the open.

Sony is just doing the same.Nintendo would do the same if they are on top. Xbox would do the same if they are on top. Microsoft is creating an android ecosystem for the PC and Xbox that could potentially become a threat to Playstation in the coming years. Sony is doing an apple. Harsh but true. Sony is trying to protect their business. They would be the loser in case Microsoft's ecosystem takes off. Nintendo can probably live with their IPs but Sony is in more direct danger with what MS can do with the ecosystem they have. They have the money and they will use it to their full advantage. Sony undestands this that's probably the reason the new CEO wants to commit on first party. Content is king and relying on 3rd party is not their best bet as they would probably lean on to Microsoft's ecosystem than Sony.

Nintendo has it easy. When Microsoft and Sony do it, we all know they are doing it for selfish, greedy reasons.

When Nintendo does something like this, we chalk it up to them being behind the times, lol.

The gaming community always gives Nintendo a pass. I’m happy Nintendo’s not currently on top. When Nintendo is on top is when the gaming communities are at their worst. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

KLAMarine said:
pokoko said:
Sony is to blame for now allowing cross play but how in the world are they to blame for what Epic does with their accounts? That makes no sense at all.

Do accounts from EA, Ubisoft, or Activision do that? If so, where the outcry over them? I've certainly never heard it.

Someone explain to me how Sony could do something like that with another company's code and framework because there is literally no way they could.

Kerotan said:

I understand perfectly why Sony would be hesitant to fully embrace cross-platform play. All I want is for people to learn that Sony has steadily shed its pro-consumer policies as the gen progressed. Microsoft, on the other hand, has done well to exercise better pro-consumer policy as the gen got on.

Microsoft is fledgling at this point. Their console sells 1/3 of Sony’s. And let’s nor forgot that Microsoft’s anti-consumer policies are what put their console in last place in the first place. So the killer found God and all is forgiven?

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

forevercloud3000 said:
This tired argument again.

Yes, Sony doesn't want to forfeit their market share by allowing those without PlayStation 4 to play with their base. This isn't strange or news, it has effectively been the norm forever. Only change is that unlike last gen the vast majority of players r on PS4, not xbox.

What this is is slightly different, this is the progression on one console not being able to transfer over. Sony does not intrinsically block this. It has been done with a few other linked titles. I don't think Sony has an issue with that. This is nothing more than an oversight glitch i believe.

I doubt it's an oversight glitch.

These screenshots suggest this restriction is deliberate:

Darwinianevolution said:
Johnw1104 said:
Sony refusing cross-platform play was dick, but this was a whole new level of dickishness lol

When on top, you can be a dick. There's little incentive for them to open their platform up and allow people to play with their community without buying the requisite hardware outside of consumer friendliness, and that's not generally a very persuasive incentive heh

Considering how big multiplayer games are and how fast PC and mobile are growing both in popularity and power, I don't see Sony's strategy lasting that long. Why would you want to get into a machine to play the latest MP game, when most of your friends are going to play elsewhere, and your console doesn't allow you to play with them? Considering how important is this kind of casual market for the Playstation brand now, I really doubt Sony's choices here will last further than this gen. Otherwise, they're going to start losing potential sales to other platforms.

I could see Sony trying this at the start of the next gen again. But Sony is getting more and more cocky - basically just like they were at the end of the PS2 era. Then came the PS3 announcement and catastrophic start. Only then they humbled themselves and made actual incentives to buy the console.

I could see this repeating. Depending on what they are planning for the PS5, it could fall flat at first just like the PS3 did. This would humble Sony again and stop these practices

FentonCrackshell said:
KLAMarine said:

Microsoft is fledgling at this point. Their console sells 1/3 of Sony’s. And let’s nor forgot that Microsoft’s anti-consumer policies are what put their console in last place in the first place.

No, I have not forgotten Microsoft's initial anti-consumer policies but the year is 2018 and it's Sony's policies that are now anti-consumer, not Microsoft's.

FentonCrackshell said:

So the killer found God and all is forgiven?

Microsoft reversed their policies and have even been doing some pro-consumer things that contrast with Sony's. Sony's the killer now.