By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

While I can agree locking an Epic Account to the PS4 seems odd and not very good, are people trying to move to a new console and carry on with the same level and items? Has anyone been able to do that on any game ever?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Stuart23 said:
Kerotan said:

Ps4 has cross play with mobile and pc. Sony don't want to work with their rivals Microsoft especially and Nintendo. You can understand. When did these companies ever do Sony a favour in the past. 

Ps4 has pure domination. Why would they help out their rivals. 

Interesting to say that, because this is the kind of move that actually pushes me to support the rivals more. This makes me more inclined to go play this game on Xbox or Nintendo instead, and makes me way less enthusiastic to get the microtransactions on their store too.

Ps4 is dominating the market because it has the best games. If you want to play its lesser rivals over cross play then be my guest. 

You could pick reasons not to support their rivals if you wanted too. 

Nintendo: far weaker graphics and performance for games in general, much smaller library and far weaker online offering. 

Microsoft: extremely weak first party offering. Much smaller player base. 

Sony will continue to dominate sales whether this cross play thing turns off a few players or not. If anything they gain more then they lose because a lot of people will buy the ps4 to play with their friends.

Latest weekly sales on vgchartz

Ps4 225k

Xbox 75k

If anything the gap will only get bigger. 

XBox you can use the same account, PS4 you cannot.

Those defending Sony saying, "it is their choice", they are choosing to screw their consumers.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Kerotan said:

Ps4 is dominating the market because it has the best games. If you want to play its lesser rivals over cross play then be my guest. 

Best games? Doesnt the Switch hold the two highest reviewed games this generation? What are you basing your facts on?

You could pick reasons not to support their rivals if you wanted too. 

That also applies to Sony.

Nintendo: far weaker graphics and performance for games in general, much smaller library and far weaker online offering. 

Nintendo by history and currently hold the best first party titles. Switch is also up there as one of the fastest selling consoles in history, not just this gen.

Microsoft: extremely weak first party offering. Much smaller player base. 

Xbox has the best online network and the highest amount of customers on Live making your point of smaller player base seem immature. Weak 1st party is also an opinion, best racing games and fps are on X1 and the best performance for consoles is on X1X.

Sony will continue to dominate sales whether this cross play thing turns off a few players or not. If anything they gain more then they lose because a lot of people will buy the ps4 to play with their friends.

So you are admitting that regardless what Sony do, they have your heart and soul (cough Moneyz) Thats nice to know.

Latest weekly sales on vgchartz

Ps4 225k

Xbox 75k

Oh no.. not the Sales comparisons.. sales make personal gaming experiences better. (Sarcasm)

If anything the gap will only get bigger. 

You are clearly looking at this in not the gamers eyes. Keep supporting these actions and they will continue doing them. You are not a great speaker for the console community and please dont speak on behalf of the world.

My answers are in Bald

Its pretty obvious since this gen Sony don't want to support crossplay with rivals. They want the Monopoly.

Defending this behavior is sad. This is 2018.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
irstupid said:

Here are the messages you get when you try to log into an Xbox or a Switch, with and account that logged into PS4.

"This Fornite account is associated with a platform which does not allow it to operate on Xbox. Neither the Fortnite website or Epic Customer Service are able to change this. To Play Fortnite on Xbox, please create a new account."

or

"This Fornite account is associated with a platform which does not allow it to operate on Switch. Neither the Fortnite website or Epic Customer Service are able to change this. To Play Fortnite on Switch, please create a new account."

The general consensus across the entire internet is that it is Sony's fault. The only time the issue ever comes up is if someone tries using an account that has logged into a PS4 at some point. Never when dealing with any other system, PC, phone, ect.

Even if it's Sony's fault, Sony has NO POWER WHATSOEVER on what happens on a Switch or an Xbox so at best Sony asked Nintendo and Microsoft to block Fortnite accounts created on PS4 and both Nintendo and Microsoft are then accomplices to this. So worst case scenario all 3 brands are just as guilty, though Sony could be the one asking for this cause we all know Sony does not want to go for cross-platform gaming.

Saying that Sony blocks an account on Switch for Fortnite sounds as ludicrous as saying that Sony blocks Forza on Xbox should Forza not work on Xbox for some reason. I could conceive this if Fortnite was a Sony IP, but it's not so again only way to get this blocking to work is with the complicity of both Microsoft and Nintendo... And also the owners of the Fortnite IP must be accomplices.

The other way around would make more sense: Someone creating an account on Switch for fortnite would see it not work on Sony cause Sony can block anything it wants on Sony hardware, obviously but Whatever machine something is blocked on is THAT machine's fault primarily.

Sony has this power. Contractual power. I think in this case the situation is as follows: Sony mandates that items or other in-game stuff purchased on PSN cannot be used outside Playstation. The easiest way to implement this, is to tie the account to the Playstation network. And that is what Epic probably is doing. I think Sony cannot forbid Epic to implement allowing the same account, but restricting items gained on Playstation. But that's also a lot more work.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

The over reaction on this thread is hilarious. The changing of the meaning of anti consumer is hilarious.

The Fury said:
While I can agree locking an Epic Account to the PS4 seems odd and not very good, are people trying to move to a new console and carry on with the same level and items? Has anyone been able to do that on any game ever?

People are making mountains of mole hills. You can't even do it with cross gen games. 

Kerotan said:
xMetroid said:

Yea that's literally their never ending cycle. They listen to fans when desperate then once they are on a roll they just get so lazy and arrogant. Im not making stuff up lmao ive seen so many people commenting on how they are becoming arrogant again from their latest E3 conference and twitter was fired up when they realised Sony limited their accounts.

#4theplayers my ass. That's exactly why i hate sony. They play all cute and game just to end up at the same place once they have what they want. They sure make great games, but that's it lmao.

Microsoft and Nintendo are literally the exact same. They are only getting friendlier because Sony has the console market on lockdown. 

You're right and both be getting shit if they're doing shitty things. Now it's Sony's turn. Fair is fair.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

This is like that thread complaining about sony not fixing their PS4 out of warranty for free.

irstupid said:
kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Lol I bet if Nintendo and Sony could only turn back the time when Iphone didn't happen the world will be perfect.

It stole the thunder from them. What Apple did was a mastsr stroke. Create an ecosystem of rabid fanbase that don't care what you put out into the open.

Sony is just doing the same.Nintendo would do the same if they are on top. Xbox would do the same if they are on top. Microsoft is creating an android ecosystem for the PC and Xbox that could potentially become a threat to Playstation in the coming years. Sony is doing an apple. Harsh but true. Sony is trying to protect their business. They would be the loser in case Microsoft's ecosystem takes off. Nintendo can probably live with their IPs but Sony is in more direct danger with what MS can do with the ecosystem they have. They have the money and they will use it to their full advantage. Sony undestands this that's probably the reason the new CEO wants to commit on first party. Content is king and relying on 3rd party is not their best bet as they would probably lean on to Microsoft's ecosystem than Sony.

Nintendo has it easy. When Microsoft and Sony do it, we all know they are doing it for selfish, greedy reasons.

When Nintendo does something like this, we chalk it up to them being behind the times, lol.

Being behind the times works in favor of Nintendo in this case. They're also behind on the shitty tactics and can learn from the others how much is too much. See paid online, now they're doing it too.

Thinking about it, being Nintendo they probably don't learn from the errors of others. So expect 2019: paid lootboxes in Metroid Prime 4.