By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

Aeolus451 said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

Even if it's sony, it's a nothing burger. This is like asking Canada to allow us mine their resources for free 

Exactly. It's most likely the dev's fault.

forest-spirit said:

Except it's quite clear which one of the 3 is at fault here.

There was no issues between ms, sony and pc on this before nintendo got involved.

Nintendo and Microsoft hardware are able to cross-play.

Sony's the odd man out on this one.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

Even if it's sony, it's a nothing burger. This is like asking Canada to allow us mine their resources for free 

forest-spirit said:

Except it's quite clear which one of the 3 is at fault here.

There was no issues between ms, sony and pc on this before nintendo got involved.

What are you on about MS and Sony had an issue before the's no cross play at all between PS and any other console before the Switch version.

Kerotan said:
Stuart23 said:

Interesting to say that, because this is the kind of move that actually pushes me to support the rivals more. This makes me more inclined to go play this game on Xbox or Nintendo instead, and makes me way less enthusiastic to get the microtransactions on their store too.

Ps4 is dominating the market because it has the best games. If you want to play its lesser rivals over cross play then be my guest. 

You could pick reasons not to support their rivals if you wanted too. 

Nintendo: far weaker graphics and performance for games in general, much smaller library and far weaker online offering. 

Microsoft: extremely weak first party offering. Much smaller player base. 

Sony will continue to dominate sales whether this cross play thing turns off a few players or not. If anything they gain more then they lose because a lot of people will buy the ps4 to play with their friends.

Latest weekly sales on vgchartz

Ps4 225k

Xbox 75k

If anything the gap will only get bigger. 

You do realize that when a market leader starts making bone-headed decisions that piss off both current and potential customers, the impact gets felt when their market-share erodes in the following gen.  Having the arrogance to create bad faith with the consumer may not seem to be a big deal while they have a 2 to 1 install base now.  But, if they keep pulling stuff like this, it could definitely swing people's decisions console-wise when the install bases start over at 0.  Sony isn't immune to this.  They once lost 71 million users from one gen to the next.

forest-spirit said:
Aeolus451 said:

This isn't actually something new, the issue already existed between Xbone and PS4. But it resurfaced now that Fortnite was released on the Switch and players who'd ever used their accounts on a Sony system were met with a failed login screen and the realisation that their accounts were blocked from being used on Switch (in addition to Xbone) systems.

Bear in mind that this issue does not exist when moving between Xbone and Switch.

Never heard of the issue between sony and ms on this so I'm not gonna take your word on it.

Aeolus451 said:
forest-spirit said:

This isn't actually something new, the issue already existed between Xbone and PS4. But it resurfaced now that Fortnite was released on the Switch and players who'd ever used their accounts on a Sony system were met with a failed login screen and the realisation that their accounts were blocked from being used on Switch (in addition to Xbone) systems.

Bear in mind that this issue does not exist when moving between Xbone and Switch.

Never heard of the issue between sony and ms on this so I'm not gonna take your word on it.

Then do some research. Enlighten yourself a bit.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Aeolus451 said:

What are you on about MS and Sony had an issue before the's no cross play at all between PS and any other console before the Switch version.

Accounts aren't shared in general between hardware like cod or any other shooter. This doesn't have anything to do with crossplay.

forest-spirit said:
Aeolus451 said:

Copping out? All I see is ninty fans acting like it's the end of the world. *shrugs

Mnementh said:
irstupid said:

Nintendo has it easy. When Microsoft and Sony do it, we all know they are doing it for selfish, greedy reasons.

When Nintendo does something like this, we chalk it up to them being behind the times, lol.

Being behind the times works in favor of Nintendo in this case. They're also behind on the shitty tactics and can learn from the others how much is too much. See paid online, now they're doing it too.

Thinking about it, being Nintendo they probably don't learn from the errors of others. So expect 2019: paid lootboxes in Metroid Prime 4.

Or not. Nintendo was slow on the DLC train, and I think we can all agree that for the most part all of their DLC has been a fair price compared to the industry as a whole.

The loot boxes. Being late to the party, they saw the backlash companies like EA received with them.

They are late to online payment, and it is the cheapest online out of the three. Not just cheapest right now, but cheapest any of them have been ever.

Being late to the party can be a bonus, by seeing what the gamers think about new practices.

And no they are not late to the party of everything. They take huge chances on many things, just not what the hardcore gamers want them to at times. I mean who would have though gamers would be demanding Nintendo create a paid online and start doing DLC. But they did.

Aeolus451 said:
forest-spirit said:

Copping out? All I see is ninty fans acting like it's the end of the world. *shrugs

He's not your google.

Aeolus451 said:
forest-spirit said:

Alrighty then. There's a thread about it over at Resetera, with a ton of info about the issue.

Here's an article that also mentions that the issue already existed between Xbone and PS4.

This article shows how the error message differs between going from PS4 to Switch and vice versa.

irstupid said:
Mnementh said:

Being behind the times works in favor of Nintendo in this case. They're also behind on the shitty tactics and can learn from the others how much is too much. See paid online, now they're doing it too.

Thinking about it, being Nintendo they probably don't learn from the errors of others. So expect 2019: paid lootboxes in Metroid Prime 4.

Or not. Nintendo was slow on the DLC train, and I think we can all agree that for the most part all of their DLC has been a fair price compared to the industry as a whole.

The loot boxes. Being late to the party, they saw the backlash companies like EA received with them.

They are late to online payment, and it is the cheapest online out of the three. Not just cheapest right now, but cheapest any of them have been ever.

Being late to the party can be a bonus, by seeing what the gamers think about new practices.

And no they are not late to the party of everything. They take huge chances on many things, just not what the hardcore gamers want them to at times. I mean who would have though gamers would be demanding Nintendo create a paid online and start doing DLC. But they did.

Aeolus451 said:

He's not your google.

I did google it and I saw alot of ninty fans making a big deal out of it. People can't transfer dlc or accounts of cod to different hardware or any other multiplayer game in general. That's normal. If someone decides to go further then that's just extra.