By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

You all should be careful with the bli... i mean, clever Sony defense force

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said: 

Sony got away with giving Minecraft and Rocket League the middle finger. 

If the idea that in order to cross play in Minecraft from Switch to Xbox is still that you have to log into your Xbox account, then Sony should not be held for in the same regard as other cross platform stuff... or just Rocket League anyway, even though they were fine with PC/PS4 cross play before RL was even on other consoles.

Cross platform play between PC and PS4 exists on numerous things including one major MMO which did cross platform between PS4 and PC but not Xbox because at the time of it's development, MS didn't allow it. 

Times change and attitudes change, MS more open to it, but both companies regularly have cross platform between PC and their console. 

Hmm, pie.

wow not ironic some of the users I see defending Sony for this are always taking potshots at Nintendo or MS .

”We’re always open to hearing what the PlayStation community is interested in to enhance their gaming experience. Fortnite is already a huge hit with PS4 fans, offering a true free-to-play experience so gamers can jump in and play online. With 79 million PS4s sold around the world and more than 80 million monthly active users on PlayStation Network, we’ve built a huge community of gamers who can play together on Fortnite and all online titles. We also offer Fortnite cross-play support with PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices, expanding the opportunity for Fortnite fans on PS4 to play with even more gamers on other platforms.”

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/14/17462932/fortnite-nintendo-switch-block-sony-response-comment

Click HERE and be happy 

Jranation said:
I can't believe that people are supporting this...... what would you say if it was Microsoft or Nintendo blocking peoples accounts?

Like I mean.... if there WAS A STATEMENT THAT SAYS IN BOLD AND BIG WRITING before connecting your account to PS4 that you cannot use the account to other CONSOLES after linking then it would not have been that big of an issue...... Sadly that is not the case.

The only solution is for sony to remove this rule that they secretly made..... I wonder what else they are going to do in the future...... sounds worrying

I can't believe people are making this an issue 

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Pyro as Bill said: 

Sony got away with giving Minecraft and Rocket League the middle finger. 

If the idea that in order to cross play in Minecraft from Switch to Xbox is still that you have to log into your Xbox account, then Sony should not be held for in the same regard as other cross platform stuff...

Why though? You have to sign in to EA's client to play FIFA online/purchase stuff. If MS said PS4 users had to use a Skype or Outlook account to play Minecraft instead of XBL, would that make it better?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Baddman said:
wow not ironic some of the users I see defending Sony for this are always taking potshots at Nintendo or MS .

And the ones attacking them are usually the one who defend MS and Nintendo. The console wars work both ways. The truth of the matter is that this won't hurt Sony or the PS4, nor will it help Nintendo and MS. The vast majority of gamers don't care, especially since Sony always allows cross play with PCs and mobile devices. And both Nintendo and MS know damn well they would do the same thing if they were on top. 

not something i care about, and sees to be made a bigger thing than it is, but i can see why it is frustrating for some

is making me laugh though how far people are taking this, seems more like wishful thinking really regarding sony's apparent 'arrogance and hubris'

Last edited by celador - on 14 June 2018

Kerotan said:
Stuart23 said:

Interesting to say that, because this is the kind of move that actually pushes me to support the rivals more. This makes me more inclined to go play this game on Xbox or Nintendo instead, and makes me way less enthusiastic to get the microtransactions on their store too.

Ps4 is dominating the market because it has the best games. If you want to play its lesser rivals over cross play then be my guest. 

You could pick reasons not to support their rivals if you wanted too. 

Nintendo: far weaker graphics and performance for games in general, much smaller library and far weaker online offering. 

Microsoft: extremely weak first party offering. Much smaller player base. 

Sony will continue to dominate sales whether this cross play thing turns off a few players or not. If anything they gain more then they lose because a lot of people will buy the ps4 to play with their friends.

Latest weekly sales on vgchartz

Ps4 225k

Xbox 75k

If anything the gap will only get bigger. 

Console warrior at its finest 

celador said:

not something i care about, and sees to be made a bigger thing than it is, but i can see why it is frustrating for some

is making me laugh though how far people are taking this, seems more like wishful thinking really regarding sony's apparent 'arrogance and hubris'

That's exactly what it is. They need the PS3 Sony to return for their console of choice to be on top or basically tie with the PS. Not happening. So they reach for straws. 

Sony tried something different for the first 15-20 mins of their conference that didn't quite work... "arrogant Sony, bring on the $699 PS5." 

Sony has the same crossplay policy its had since the beginning of the gen, play with PC and mobile, not other consoles... "arrogant Sony, bring on the 'we need two jobs to buy the PS5.'"

I guess if this is arrogant Sony, then bring on the 100M+ PS5.