By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

Innovalias said:
Honestly not sure how people are defending Sony in this.

I'm not sure where people are seeing an issue in this. 

Around the Network

I haven't ever played Fortnight but I have every console and I downloaded it on the Switch. I tried to test out the gameplay at work and, v without internet, I couldn't do anything. Then, it dawned on me. If, for any reason I decided to play Fortnight, I'd do it on my PS4 Pro or Xbox One X. Why would I play it on the Switch? Lower resolution and framerate? Worse (or the worst) online?

I can't think of a situation where the Switch would be a better option for a multi console owner.

cycycychris said:
EricHiggin said:
I don't see why Epic can't make it so that whatever platform you linked the account to in the first place becomes your primary micro-transaction account. Meaning if you linked it to PS4 initially, you have to buy everything for Fortnite through PS, but the secondary account and its primary contents are allowed to be used on other platforms. I don't see why PS would have a problem with that, unless Epic didn't or doesn't want to have/add that feature for whatever reason. I'm sure people would still complain that they couldn't easily buy something immediately on the spot on whatever platform they were using at the time, but it wouldn't seem near as anti consumer as this seems.

I also like the XB tweets about how they are so nice and so friendly to Nin and how they want to be friends with everyone in terms of online multiplayer and sharing. Didn't they just make a huge announcement that they acquired and locked down 4 different third party studio's that will force you to buy MS related hardware or software to play those games? If that's not sharing I don't know what is...

Gotta be honest, I doubt Nintendo or Microsoft would agree to that, especially Nintendo since they are late to the game. That is still very anti consumer and would have everyone complaining. Not to mention that would hurt Epic bottom line if people have to just through a lot of hoops just to spend money on there game, they would probably also say no to this. The more complicated you make things, the less money people spend. Just let people transfer account system to system.

Well if MS or Nin is so gamer friendly, they shouldn't care if people are spending their Fortnite money through PS and playing that game on XB and Nin platforms. XB is making money off online services and Nin will be soon enough. The reason they wouldn't be ok with that, is because they want a piece of the pie, and the bigger the piece the better. This would explain why PS might do what they might have done contractually, to make sure they end up with the biggest piece of pie. If MS or Nin didn't want to agree with that, then Epic or PS has every right not to agree as well.

The same would apply if you initially linked your account to XB1 or Switch. You would spend all your money on that platform for the game, then play with those purchased items on other platforms with a secondary account. If Epic themselves didn't want that due to potentially less micro-transaction sales, then its solely Epic's greedy fault. If PS said to Epic, everything tied to PS4 for Fortnite stays strictly linked to only PS4, then Epic once again had a choice to make. Tell anti consumer PS to take a hike and join MS and Nin in their anything goes marketing, or agree to PS demands and reap the benefits of their massive PS4 user base.

One way or another, it comes down to Epic and the decisions they made for Fortnite. They weren't forced to play by the PS brands rules, if those rules actually exist.

d21lewis said:

I haven't ever played Fortnight but I have every console and I downloaded it on the Switch. I tried to test out the gameplay at work and, v without internet, I couldn't do anything. Then, it dawned on me. If, for any reason I decided to play Fortnight, I'd do it on my PS4 Pro or Xbox One X. Why would I play it on the Switch? Lower resolution and framerate? Worse (or the worst) online?

I can't think of a situation where the Switch would be a better option for a multi console owner.

If you had internet at work, wouldn't that be the exact option to play? 

d21lewis said:

Where do you work? 1998?

Everyone I know has an unlimited or near unlimited data plan and the ability to tether.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Connect to internet at work.

Connect to internet at airport.

Connect to internet at café.

Connect to internet at home and play on the shitter, in your bed, watching football on Sunday, ect, or when wife/mom/dad/kids/ect kick you off the TV.

Connect to internet with your phone tethered anywhere in the world.

You do know how to connect to the internet right?

As one of the more flaming PS fanboys on this site, I'll also chime in and say what a crap move this is by Sony. Their initial response was terrible. One of the worst, in the can, PR responses I've ever read. I hope they reverse course on this one. I mean if this were only affecting Xbox owners, I'd be fine with it. Even a bit sexually aroused. But doing this to Nintendo is wrong.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Not sure why Sony got such a big issue with crossplay with it's competitors. Nintendo is on board and they're usually late to the party

iceland said:
Not sure why Sony got such a big issue with crossplay with it's competitors. Nintendo is on board and they're usually late to the party

Because it taps into their resources (user base) and bolsters their competitors. In fact, Sony lightened up on the restrictions from the start of the gen. People are just incredibly entitled 

Idk what is sadder, that this is coming from the #4theplayers company, or that there are actually people so strongly attached to a company making their favorite toy that they’d defend it. Just look at this turd of a post:

Kerotan said:
Stuart23 said:

Interesting to say that, because this is the kind of move that actually pushes me to support the rivals more. This makes me more inclined to go play this game on Xbox or Nintendo instead, and makes me way less enthusiastic to get the microtransactions on their store too.

Ps4 is dominating the market because it has the best games. If you want to play its lesser rivals over cross play then be my guest. 

You could pick reasons not to support their rivals if you wanted too. 

Nintendo: far weaker graphics and performance for games in general, much smaller library and far weaker online offering. 

Microsoft: extremely weak first party offering. Much smaller player base. 

Sony will continue to dominate sales whether this cross play thing turns off a few players or not. If anything they gain more then they lose because a lot of people will buy the ps4 to play with their friends.

Latest weekly sales on vgchartz

Ps4 225k

Xbox 75k

If anything the gap will only get bigger. 

I mean, what does literally any of that have to do with what the guy said? This post can be reduced to “Sony #1” and it would have the same amount of substance. I’m envisioning pom poms when I read that post. Sad.

Has this been posted? Saw it on Resetera, thought it was funny.

I’m on my phone, hope it formats ok. If not,

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfqtJ4-UcAANiq_.jpg

User was warned for this post ~ Pemalite.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 14 June 2018