By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

what else would you expect from about a 20 year old system that cant even handle a name change? on top of the closed mindedness that even nintendo is has over come.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
forest-spirit said:

This isn't actually something new, the issue already existed between Xbone and PS4. But it resurfaced now that Fortnite was released on the Switch and players who'd ever used their accounts on a Sony system were met with a failed login screen and the realisation that their accounts were blocked from being used on Switch (in addition to Xbone) systems.

Bear in mind that this issue does not exist when moving between Xbone and Switch.

Never heard of the issue between sony and ms on this so I'm not gonna take your word on it.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/3/14/11222370/microsoft-xbox-cross-network-play-pc-ps4-gaming

Aeolus451 said:
irstupid said:

Or not. Nintendo was slow on the DLC train, and I think we can all agree that for the most part all of their DLC has been a fair price compared to the industry as a whole.

The loot boxes. Being late to the party, they saw the backlash companies like EA received with them.

They are late to online payment, and it is the cheapest online out of the three. Not just cheapest right now, but cheapest any of them have been ever.

Being late to the party can be a bonus, by seeing what the gamers think about new practices.

And no they are not late to the party of everything. They take huge chances on many things, just not what the hardcore gamers want them to at times. I mean who would have though gamers would be demanding Nintendo create a paid online and start doing DLC. But they did.

He's not your google.

I did google it and I saw alot of ninty fans making a big deal out of it. People can't transfer dlc or accounts of cod to different hardware or any other multiplayer game in general. That's normal. If someone decides to go further then that's just extra.

That is you copping out.

Of course Nintendo fans are making a big deal out of it. They are the ones being affected. But you can go and watch your favorite Jim Sterling on youtube address this if you want. I know you Sony fans love him.

But it was just released on Switch, so the problem is being noticed. It's not a new problem, but one that went unoticed before. The amount of PS4/Switch crossover for this game is infinitely larger than the PS4/One crossover. A PS4 player would hardly ever have a reason to ever even attempt to log into Fortnite on the Xbox One. Why would they? If someone owns both, the odds are most definitely that they have the systems both hooked up to the exact same tv and those systems stay there. Same for Xbox person. No reason to ever log into a PS4 to play. They may log into PC or Mobile at times, but that works. The Switch though is something that PS4 users finally noticed. FYI, the definition of a Nintendo fan in this case is someone who owns both a PS4 and a Switch.

I was watching Greg on Kinda Funny during his review of the E3 Nintendo conference trying to log into Fortnite. Later you could see his tweet about it. He was not a happy camper. So Greg Miller is one of those Nintendo fanboys.

Aeolus451 said:

I did google it and I saw alot of ninty fans making a big deal out of it. People can't transfer dlc or accounts of cod to different hardware or any other multiplayer game in general. That's normal. If someone decides to go further then that's just extra.

The writing's on the wall though. More and more games are going the service route. Devs want everyone in the same ecosystem. The bigger a userbase, the longer a game can survive, the longer it survives the more DLC $$$ it makes.

Sony got away with giving Minecraft and Rocket League the middle finger. It'll be interesting to see how they treat FIFA, GTAonline and CoD going forward.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I can't believe that people are supporting this...... what would you say if it was Microsoft or Nintendo blocking peoples accounts?

Like I mean.... if there WAS A STATEMENT THAT SAYS IN BOLD AND BIG WRITING before connecting your account to PS4 that you cannot use the account to other CONSOLES after linking then it would not have been that big of an issue...... Sadly that is not the case.

The only solution is for sony to remove this rule that they secretly made..... I wonder what else they are going to do in the future...... sounds worrying

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
forest-spirit said:

This isn't actually something new, the issue already existed between Xbone and PS4. But it resurfaced now that Fortnite was released on the Switch and players who'd ever used their accounts on a Sony system were met with a failed login screen and the realisation that their accounts were blocked from being used on Switch (in addition to Xbone) systems.

Bear in mind that this issue does not exist when moving between Xbone and Switch.

Never heard of the issue between sony and ms on this so I'm not gonna take your word on it.

LMAO!!! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Jumpin said:

I am unsure if this is just a terrible oversight by QA, or something Sony mandated; but apparently, if you log into Fortnite on PS4 at all, you will then be unable to use your account on Switch.

That seems to be an issue with Fortnite itself. I don't see how Sony could stop anyone from logging on Switch on a game that belongs to a third party. At best it's Nintendo that should be blamed for not letting people on THEIR platform log on a game for whatever reason.

But I don't even think that's the case, it must be a purely Fortnite issue because I assume the account you can't log on is a fortnite account and not a Sony nor Nintendo account.

From what I understand is that the account pretty much gets ´infected´ with the PS4 virus. It can play on PC and it can play on PS4 but they dont want people from Xbox to play with people on PS4 so this is the way they stopped them from playing together. And how the fuck would this be Nitendo´s fault? The game just released and they already support this with Rocket league playing with other platforms. It makes no sense to blame this on anyone but Sony. 

Jranation said:
I can't believe that people are supporting this...... what would you say if it was Microsoft or Nintendo blocking peoples accounts?

Like I mean.... if there WAS A STATEMENT THAT SAYS IN BOLD AND BIG WRITING before connecting your account to PS4 that you cannot use the account to other CONSOLES after linking then it would not have been that big of an issue...... Sadly that is not the case.

The only solution is for sony to remove this rule that they secretly made..... I wonder what else they are going to do in the future...... sounds worrying

Fanboyism. It's a form of fanaticism where they don't want to admit their favourite company's underhanded policies are actually terrible, rather: screwing people over is logical and they should be doing it.

So of course, "Why should Sony warn people that linking an account to PS4 will make it unplayable on other platforms? The solution is to not play it on other platforms, of course! This is a good form of healthy competition. Blah blah blah, LOL LOL LOL, roffl roffl roffl, blah blah blaaaah!"

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
irstupid said:

Congrats, you are the only person in the world that thinks Sony is not the guilty party in all of this.

I suppose you also believe Sony when they say they don't like Crossplatform, because they need to protect the kids from the evil people on other systems.

Here are the facts:

Fortnite is crossplay between PS4, PC and Mobilie.

Fortnite is Crossplay between Xbox, PC, Switch and Mobile.

You can log into your epic account on the Xbox, PC, Switch, Mobile and get all your items, progress, ect with no problem. If you have ever logged into your Epic account on a PS$, you can no longer ever use that account on a Xbox or Switch.

Xbox, Switch and PC can all crosssplay with Minecraft and Rocket League. PS4 is PC only.

If you somehow can read all of that and believe that somehow it's Nintendo or Xbox's fault, then...

Nope but I'm probably the only person in this thread that thinks before throwing wild accusations.

If you could step back for a moment and try to be a bit more neutral you'd realize I never said Sony is not guilty here. I CLEARLY said ALL 3 brands must be guilty BECAUSE SONY cannot block something on Switch, ONLY Nintendo can block something on Switch. If you don't understand this very obvious fact then yeah, nothing I can do.

If anything Sony is at least not hypocrite in this issue, they are against cross-platform and they said it, Microsoft and Nintendo on the other hand are claiming that they are in favor of gamers and they would do nothing to block cross-platform play, yet on THEIR machine THEY block an account that was made on Playstation. WHY? If Sony asks them to block something that does NOT belong to Sony, they could very well say: Sorry Sony but on our system everything works, if you don't like it then block the game on YOUR platform but don't tell us what to do on OURS.... But that's not what we see here.

So to summarize, Sony is guilty of not wanting cross-platform or allowing it on Sony's machines. But whatever does not work on OTHER machines is primarily those machine's fault and problem.

I don't have a problem with people blaming this cross-platform thing on Sony but saying that Sony blocks a game that they don't own on a Switch or Xbox machine is ludicrous... Or perhaps Sony is so powerful that they tell Microsoft and Nintendo what to do inside their own system and both Nintendo and Microsoft obey like good little pets?

This is the second thread I see you complimenting yourself about being so smart. It hurts my brain to not see how much of a dumbass you´re being sometimes. 

shikamaru317 said:
Ugh, there are people actually defending Sony in this thread? See, this is why we can't have nice things. When you defend crap like this it tells Sony that their anti-consumer practices are just fine and they continue to get more and more overconfident and full of themselves. The last time Sony got this overconfident and big headed we got the PS3, with it's cell processor that made it hard to develop for, the high $600 price tag and Sony telling people they should get a 2nd job to pay for a PS3, and Sony ridiculing the competition early in the generation. If history repeats itself and Sony becomes so big-headed again that they ruin the PS5 launch with poor price/performance, no backwards compatibility, and no crossplay, don't come crying on these forums, you'll only have yourselves to blame.

Yea, funny how they rocked E3 with their "this is how you share games" video mocking Microsoft. And now they are like this for crossplay between systems. Oh and check out their awesome response to this.

"We're always open to hearing what the PlayStation community is interested in to enhance their gaming experience. With... more than 80 million monthly active users on PlayStation Network, we've built a huge community of gamers who can play together on Fortnite and all online titles. We also offer Fortnite cross-play support with PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices, expanding the opportunity for Fortnite fans on PS4 to play with even more gamers on other platforms. We have nothing further to add beyond this at this point,"

Or how about last years E3 when asked about the lack of spotlight on Indie games when it used to be such a big thing.  Sony sales and marketing honcho Jim Ryan, in which he claimed that indie games were "good to talk about in 2013/2014," but are "less relevant now."