By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - ANNOUNCEMENT - New Moderators

CGI-Quality said:
Nem said:
More of these guys? ;/

I'm joking! Good luck guys!

Question though, what motivates you to do this? When i think how painful it must be to scour through every thread and read all the... erm content... it would drive me crazy, i think. Bravo to you guys for taking on the task!

Interesting question. I know for me, it was about making a difference. I saw things that I didn't agree with, but also wanted to be a hand for those who needed one. Sure, no one's perfect and every Mod has stumbled a time or two, but I think we've got a solid crew ready to help, and mod, when/where they can.

I do think it's getting better. I have seen you issuing warnings on threads when things get heated before it gets out of hand. I think it's a pretty positive thing to do. There is a habit to have a back and forth (maybe cause of that blue notice) and it helps for someone to go in and say it's time to stop it because it turns into a stubburness contest and no one wants to "lose". Sometimes, i wonder if the blue notice does more harm than good. Also, dunno if it's the right place to say it, but the site changes have been positive as well. So, applause to you lot!

Around the Network
Nem said:
More of these guys? ;/

I'm joking! Good luck guys!

Question though, what motivates you to do this? When i think how painful it must be to scour through every thread and read all the... erm content... it would drive me crazy, i think. Bravo to you guys for taking on the task!

I actually just put my application in on a whim, could have probably put more effort into it. - But... Why not?
Getting involved in communities is a really good thing, helping others is also a good thing, life still comes first before being a moderator anyway... So if you have free time, it's good to put it towards something constructive and/or beneficial.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

*grabs a bag of popcorn and sits on comfy sofa

axumblade said:

The picks are about as surprising as you coming into the thread and throwing shade at a comment someone made a few years ago instead of congratulating the people promoted. Do you mind showing me the notes you keep on every user some day? 

Was he talking about Angelus ? (just curious)

I know it's late, but congratulations

Welcome to the team.

Around the Network

Good luck!

fatslob-:O said:
axumblade said:

The picks are about as surprising as you coming into the thread and throwing shade at a comment someone made a few years ago instead of congratulating the people promoted. Do you mind showing me the notes you keep on every user some day? 

Was he talking about Angelus ? (just curious)

Probably a safe bet

RolStoppable said:

The picks of the mod team are surprising as usual.

On the plus side, now it might be allowed to express the opinion that the thought of having sex with a transsexual person is disgusting.

Mod Edit ~ CGI - Banned 1 Day

Or not. Also, grats to Angelus for popping his ban cherry.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 07 June 2018

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Hmm the new ones started on a good note right out of the gate.

Frankly thats some nice bs reason to abuse your power seeing as that didnt imply shit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.