By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reveal trailer

As a long time Pokemon fan, I’m willing to be open minded about Let’s Go.

Whether it’s what we truly want or not, I want to at least experience it.

In terms of the graphics, it’s fine. I don’t really see anything that makes it look like a PS2 game or something (in 1-1.5 years of development). And as for the Go elements, well Game Freak and Co. just announced that over 800 million people downloaded Pokemon Go so take that for what you will.

Around the Network

Im interested.

But kind of feels like its for those that don't want to actually go outside and play real Pokemon Go. (Maybe should've called this Pokemon No Go)

At least it was confirmed there is the core RPG still being made for 2019, and honestly, this looks... interesting!

I was dissapointed until I heard that this game isnt the core game promised for the Switch.So Im more than fine this being more like a remake of sorts of the first game, though I have to admit that i hoped the first Pokemon core-like game to be one to blow our small minds away, but Im ok with this really.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Kai_Mao said:
And as for the Go elements, well Game Freak and Co. just announced that over 800 million people downloaded Pokemon Go so take that for what you will.

I mean, it was free. Do you think Sun/Moon wouldn't have gotten 800 million downloads if it was free on iOS/Android?

Around the Network

Only a way to bring a pokemon go players to buy a switch.

Megiddo said:
Kai_Mao said:
And as for the Go elements, well Game Freak and Co. just announced that over 800 million people downloaded Pokemon Go so take that for what you will.

I mean, it was free. Do you think Sun/Moon wouldn't have gotten 800 million downloads if it was free on iOS/Android?

Yes, but that is a different argument about accessibility and casual nature of mobile games.

So is it a remake of Yellow or just set in that world?

KLXVER said:

Not a remake, just based on it they said.

KLXVER said:

More a re-envisioning based on Yellow, Lets Go is going to be another branch of the Pokemon games so in future expect the likes of Diamond/Pearl etc... to get similar treatment.