By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reveal trailer

Slownenberg said:
Hmm looks fine as a Pokemon Go tie in. I get what they are doing. Just not sure it's actually gonna attract much of the Pokemon Go crowd. And obviously that crowd is much much smaller than it was back in the summer of 2016. I'm sure it'll sell a few million from the Pokemon brand alone. I enjoyed Pokemon Go for a couple months when it came out, but I'm not looking for a Go version for Switch. I'll be waiting until the real Pokemon comes out next year.

Even if the active userbase is around 20-50 million, its still an audience they can aim for as there's a possibility that most of them don't have a Switch.

Around the Network

Looking like a 3ds port but it’s not mainline so it’s fine. (Well, technically it is mainline since it’s being developed by gamefreak)

The fact we have to wait ANOTHER year....let’s hope the new gen won’t look like this and they upgrade their engine.

If it were the main titles I'd be disappointed, but as spin-offs it looks pretty good. Will buy.

Even if it's just a spin-off, it looks awful. This does not look exciting at all. I've seen better looking games on the 3DS. It reminds of that Secret of Mana remake. If you can't do it right, just don't do it at all.

Also, with this now confirming that there is no traditional Pokemon game release in fiscal year 2018 has me doubting even further that Nintendo will hit their target for Switch shipments. They are heavily, heavily, overestimating Pokemon GO's appeal imo.

Around the Network

I was disappointed until they announced that Gen 8 is coming next year. Glad these are just spin-offs.

And since they are just spin-offs, I'll probably enjoy it more.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Megiddo said:

Also, with this now confirming that there is no traditional Pokemon game release in fiscal year 2018 has me doubting even further that Nintendo will hit their target for Switch shipments. They are heavily, heavily, overestimating Pokemon GO's appeal imo.

And you are heavily subestimating the appeal of the rest of Nintendo catalog of IPs.Smash is bigger than you think, the Lets Go games will move more units than you think, and there are still games like FE that will easily sell 3+ million units, assuming the game dosent suck.Plus the games Nintendo reveals at E3, which I think its reasonable to assume at least two games being big, outside of FE.

There is no need to worry.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Paatar said:
I was disappointed until they announced that Gen 8 is coming next year. Glad these are just spin-offs.

And since they are just spin-offs, I'll probably enjoy it more.

So is Pokémon Quest. Have fun

Nautilus said:
TheGamer_1995 said:
I have never been more disappointed in my entire life.
Couple of questions:
Can I no longer just battle random Pokemon and not catch them?
Does catching Pokemon require you to do some physical moves or is there an option where you can use just buttons on the Switch or at leaste use the touchscreen when playing in handheld mode?

Answer to the first question: No.

Answer to the second question: As far as we know, motion only.And If I had to guess, swipping your finger on the screen for undocked mode.

So how are we supposed to train and level up our Pokemon in this game then?

It's been forever since I played GO but I think you had to catch multiples of the same pokemon to increase the CP/level of your Pokemon. Something about candy being involved I think?