By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reveal trailer

If this had online, it'd be everything Go should've been.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Sunstrider said:
Looks fine to me, I've only played and finished Pokemon Y, so can't really tell what's so bad about this game (except maybe which seems like we can't weaken the pokemon when capturing them?), can someone explain?

You cant battle pokemons at all, you can just battle other trainers.Other than that, the capturing method seems to be exclusive to motion/touchscreen, there is seemingly no online portion to it(so there is zero competitive bettles in it), the graphics are honestly dissapointing, though not exactly bad, and so on.

That is confusing as you still battle the trainer's Pokemon , but I think I get what you mean, the graphics looks better compared to the 3DS ones and have not tried online battles when I played Pokemon Y so not a big deal for me.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I’m not against the idea of the implementation of Pokemon Go and it was expected tbh. But there is no reason for them to remove traditional and essential aspects like battleling wild Pokemon. They could have simply made it so that it switches to the Pkm Go catching screen if you decide to catch that wild Pokemon mid-battle. I see no use or reason to completely remove that aspect from the game.

curl-6 said:
TheGamer_1995 said:
Does catching Pokemon require you to do some physical moves or is there an option where you can use just buttons on the Switch or at leaste use the touchscreen when playing in handheld mode?

Motion controls optional, you can just use buttons

https://gonintendo.com/stories/310087-pokemon-let-s-go-pikachu-and-pokemon-let-s-go-eevee-anoth

Game saved.

I’m not against the idea of the implementation of Pokemon Go and it was expected tbh. But there is no reason for them to remove traditional and essential aspects like battleling wild Pokemon. They could have simply made it so that it switches to the Pkm Go catching screen if you decide to catch that wild Pokemon mid-battle. I see no use or reason to completely remove that aspect from the game.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
curl-6 said:

Motion controls optional, you can just use buttons

https://gonintendo.com/stories/310087-pokemon-let-s-go-pikachu-and-pokemon-let-s-go-eevee-anoth

Game saved.

I know right.

I was on the fence, mixed feelings, until I heard no wild Pokémon battles. Hard pass. It’s also a big scummy to me that they waited until after showing this to say it was different than the game announced last year. They played with expectations to get more attention for a glorified GO port.

Eevee on your trainer’s head is precious, though.

As long as I can play it with the pro controller, I might check it out.

No online? No Pokemon outside of the original 151?! No wild battles?! Fuck, it's just going to be Yellow with better graphics. That's fucking stupid. I like the idea of co-op, I like the idea of a return to Kanto, but really? This is fucking stupid. As a spin-off, I'll enjoy them, but there's so much missed potential here.

Faelco said:
So... Will it be what will bring the Switch at 20 millions sales this year, like so many people predicted?

Pokemon alone was never going to bring the Switch at 20 million sales this year, I dont know why people think that.Its the combination of everything(Smash, Pokemon, FE + whatever more gets announced) thats going to do the deed.People seriously underestimate the power of Nintendo IPs and overestimate the importance of Pokemon.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1