By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee reveal trailer

Barkley said:
Does anyone dare to predict sales?

9 mln LTE

Around the Network
KilleyMc said:
Nah, I'll just buy Yellow for my 3DS and forget that this game exist. No more battles with wild Pokemon and no online makes it easy for me to skip this thing.

That was a mistranslation error by a journalist. 

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

This is true but aesthetically I think it's good.

It's beyond a 3DS or Vita game but not setting the world on fire.  It's not an upressed 3DS game, that's clear.  I think this game though started life in a...limbo area.  Where they didn't know what was going to happen to the DS line, how long the 3DS would last, how successful the Switch would be if at all.  And so the game was developed with assets high enough quality to hold up on hd machines but not so high they couldn't be scaled down if the Switch went south and a 3DS version was needed.  

Same with the engine improvements.  Lighting, real time shadow maps of high quality, high quality AA, better texture filtering, some good if basic post processing, these are all welcome imrpovements but again, improvements that could be scaled back or turned off.

It's a decent start for modernizing their engine and tools.  And I kinda expected this, just compare X and Y to Sun and Moon.

It's about what I expected too, just saying I can see where people are coming from if they feel a bit let down that this is on the same machine that brought us Mario Odyssey and Kingdom Battle.

True but Mario and Zelda and Xenoblade, these are all console entities.  Their predecessors were already not just console games but HD ones, giving the devs substantial foundations to build off.  Pokemon is now making that HD jump.  This strikes me more as a New Super Mario Bros U or Wind Waker HD, a first step.  

Green098 said:
KilleyMc said:
Nah, I'll just buy Yellow for my 3DS and forget that this game exist. No more battles with wild Pokemon and no online makes it easy for me to skip this thing.

Wel if that was a mistranslation error, do we know what online function it will have?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

People saying this looks better than Sun and Moon are delusional. Sun and Moon only look bad because they are on the 3DS, but apply some anti-aliasing and better textures and you see how good that game looks compared to the new one. This new game looks like ORAS, even with the chibi characters and grid-based world. Even without new textures, Sun and Moon look much better on the Citra emulator.

Around the Network
jardesonbarbosa said:

People saying this looks better than Sun and Moon are delusional. Sun and Moon only look bad because they are on the 3DS, but apply some anti-aliasing and better textures and you see how good that game looks compared to the new one. This new game looks like ORAS, even with the chibi characters and grid-based world. Even without new textures, Sun and Moon look much better on the Citra emulator.

On an aesthetic level I mostly agree.

On a technical level, this post is factually incorrect.  Let's Go has higher quality textures, more polygonally complex characters and environments, and a whole host of improvements to lighting and effects.  

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Green098 said:

Wel if that was a mistranslation error, do we know what online function it will have?

It was reported on serebii; "Edit @ 04:36: It was previously reported from the Q&A at the conference that the game would lack online play. This turned out to be a mistranslation from the journalist in question"

https://www.serebii.net/

And not officially, but the original leaks said their would be an online hub, and presumably there would probably be online battles and trading. 

Green098 said:
KilleyMc said:

Mm, it does seem weird, though many places are reporting the same, the latest update on Nintendo Everything says this:

Update: Final nail in the coffin regarding online play – there is none. There is wireless and play on the same screen, but no online.

Last edited by KilleyMc - on 30 May 2018

Yeah...I'll just wait for the next mainline game.

Hiku said:

I like that Evee is the mascot for the second game. But on a sidenote, Evee seems to pronounces it's name weird in the trailer. Like Evoi. I'm pretty sure it's named Evee in Japanese as well so that's not why.

Hehe, I noticed that too, but I thought: "Interesting, they changed the sound for Germany" as I saw the german trailer! And in germany Evee is Evoli.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]