By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS5 Could Be Releasing This Year. Big Focus on VR and More Details.

The only reason they might do this would be fears over the Switch, but they have been consistently outselling the Switch WW so far. That doesn’t mean that will continue through or past this year but would warrant waiting till 2019 for launch. They would have to be pretty greedy and have an irrational desire to have the entire industry to themselves if they went so far as to announce it this year to deflate the Switch and try to gain more ground in Japan. My prediction is 2019, but it is Sony, the industry has been extra vibrant, and, along with Nintendo consolidating their two platform lines, the strategy options are pretty unique right now.

Around the Network
MasterThief said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

And then they bled $$$ profusely 

that because the ps3 was shit at launch

yup, so why would Sony prematurely launch a system again? 

Fall 2019. Book it.

(No insider knowledge. Just a gut feeling I’ve had for awhile)

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

First off, I was talking about HOME CONSOLES. Second, last generation was more of an aberration. The PS4 was pretty weak compared to PS3 which was vastly more powerful than PS2... which allowed it to stretch the gen. 

Ok home consoles, that doesnt change anything about my last post.

Also, how do we know its an aberration and not the market changing?

We don't... do we? So why did you say it has? Because one single gen did? 

If they were to launch the PS5 soon, it might not cut into the PS4 as much as people think IF the PS4 gets a decent price drop. The PS2 continued to sell incredibly well even after the PS3 was out. Of course, I don't believe a PS5 would come out this year, but I could end up being wrong.

Around the Network

No, these are clearly early-early kits. The mass number being sent out might moreso be Sony's way of trying to get a killer app on day one (though let's be honest: if Shadows Die Twice is a new PS5 exclusive Soulsborne, we're going to get a lot PS5's sold).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Even if its 2019, that is still early.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I have relly hard time seeing PS5 releasing this year, but next year is totally different story.

Lol at anyone who thinks ps5 will be released before the end of 2019 maybe even end of 2020.

Hell freaking noo!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

PortisheadBiscuit said:
MasterThief said:

that because the ps3 was shit at launch

yup, so why would Sony prematurely launch a system again? 

they didn't prematurely launch it. thats subjective.  they overengineerd it  in wrong areas. 

it came out a year after 360 and was slower.