By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS5 Could Be Releasing This Year. Big Focus on VR and More Details.

That would be stupid. I can't believe they so worried about the X and people moving over to PC ? Head start is good but that would be stupid IMHO. They should release the PS4 Pro slim this year with official price cut and have as many bundles and sell as much as they can. May be in end of 2019 Pro slim at 300$ and PS5 500$ ? can co exist. But I am not sure native 4K is enough for 500$. 2020 I think most people would buy if they have exclusives  taking advantage of PS5 specs.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
WTF, 2018? There's no way I see it coming out this year.

That would be a five year cycle which is the norm. I think a 2019 launch is more likely though.

AlfredoTurkey said:
VGPolyglot said:
WTF, 2018? There's no way I see it coming out this year.

That would be a five year cycle which is the norm. I think a 2019 launch is more likely though.

5 years used to be the norm, not so much anymore.

DS-6.25 years

PSP-7 years

360-8 years

Wii-6 years

PS3-7 years

All of the previous generation consoles had a 6-8 year cycle before their successor released and since 2004, Wii U is the only console to be replaced in under 6 years and that was because it was a massive flop.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

DS-6.25 years

PSP-7 years

360-8 years

Wii-6 years

PS3-7 years

All of the previous generation consoles had a 6-8 year cycle before their successor released and since 2004, Wii U is the only console to be replaced in under 6 years and that was because it was a massive flop.

you're looking at consoles that went through global recession

PS2 was 5 years. PS1 was 5 years. 

yeah, not happening,literally no way lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
MasterThief said:
zorg1000 said:

DS-6.25 years

PSP-7 years

360-8 years

Wii-6 years

PS3-7 years

I dont think that affected anything, last generation was the best selling generation for both handhelds and home consoles. 2008-2011 were the peak sales years of console gaming.

7th gen consoles sold over 500 million units of hardware and over 4 billion units of software, nearly double the previous highest generation.

Also PS2 was 6 years

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 04 April 2018

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
MasterThief said:

I dont think that affected anything, last generation was the best selling generation for both handhelds and home consoles. 2008-2011 were the peak sales years of console gaming.

7th gen consoles sold over 500 million units of hardware and over 4 billion units of software, nearly double the previous highest generation.

Also PS2 was 6 years

oh right. because PS3 got delayed last second. woulda been 5 years.

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

DS-6.25 years

PSP-7 years

360-8 years

Wii-6 years

PS3-7 years

First off, I was talking about HOME CONSOLES. Second, last generation was more of an aberration. The PS4 was pretty weak compared to PS3 which was vastly more powerful than PS2... which allowed it to stretch the gen. 

MasterThief said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Not while PS4 is still printing money...

the ps2 was printing more money and they released PS3

And then they bled $$$ profusely 

with the last of us part 2, days gone, ghost of tsushima and death stranding all for ps4, there's no chance PS5 is releasing this year... the earlier i can see it happening is November of next year...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4