By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS5 Could Be Releasing This Year. Big Focus on VR and More Details.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Not while PS4 is still printing money...

the ps2 was printing more money and they released PS3

Around the Network

This year? I don't think so.
Next year? Maybe.

twintail said:
Reads to me that a 2018 release is possible if Sony wanted it to be. But obviously that isn't happening.

Ya thats how i took it, they are saying it could technically release this year if Sony really wanted it to, not that Somy is planning on it.

Seems like Fall 2019 is very possible.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

As if dev kits had only one version, just before release... I still think 2020, maybe end of 2019 at the earliest. The dev kits will have new versions, and will allow a fastest transition to next generation than last time. The entire next batch of games will be next gen (after the currently in advanced development games are released).

That would be stupid. I can't believe they so worried about the X and people moving over to PC ? Head start is good but that would be stupid IMHO. They should release the PS4 Pro slim this year with official price cut and have as many bundles and sell as much as they can. May be in end of 2019 Pro slim at 300$ and PS5 500$ ? can co exist. But I am not sure native 4K is enough for 500$. 2020 I think most people would buy if they have exclusives  taking advantage of PS5 specs.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
WTF, 2018? There's no way I see it coming out this year.

That would be a five year cycle which is the norm. I think a 2019 launch is more likely though.

AlfredoTurkey said:
VGPolyglot said:
WTF, 2018? There's no way I see it coming out this year.

That would be a five year cycle which is the norm. I think a 2019 launch is more likely though.

5 years used to be the norm, not so much anymore.

DS-6.25 years

PSP-7 years

360-8 years

Wii-6 years

PS3-7 years

All of the previous generation consoles had a 6-8 year cycle before their successor released and since 2004, Wii U is the only console to be replaced in under 6 years and that was because it was a massive flop.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

DS-6.25 years

PSP-7 years

360-8 years

Wii-6 years

PS3-7 years

All of the previous generation consoles had a 6-8 year cycle before their successor released and since 2004, Wii U is the only console to be replaced in under 6 years and that was because it was a massive flop.

you're looking at consoles that went through global recession

PS2 was 5 years. PS1 was 5 years. 

yeah, not happening,literally no way lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

MasterThief said:
zorg1000 said:

DS-6.25 years

PSP-7 years

360-8 years

Wii-6 years

PS3-7 years

you're looking at consoles that went through global recession

PS2 was 5 years. PS1 was 5 years. 

I dont think that affected anything, last generation was the best selling generation for both handhelds and home consoles. 2008-2011 were the peak sales years of console gaming.

7th gen consoles sold over 500 million units of hardware and over 4 billion units of software, nearly double the previous highest generation.

Also PS2 was 6 years

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 04 April 2018