By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS5 Could Be Releasing This Year. Big Focus on VR and More Details.

lol ya, not happening. Sony is just dominating this gen. There is absolutely no need for Sony to do this unless they want to cut their own sales short.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Reads to me that a 2018 release is possible if Sony wanted it to be. But obviously that isn't happening.

Yeah that was my thought as well.

If for some reason things go pear shaped with the PS4 in the next 6 months they can launch a new console.

Releasing the PS5 this year would be one of the stupidest decision Sony would make, I dare to say even 2019 would be damn too early. Killing the leader console at its peak just like that? Yeah sorry, no way I can believe that.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Unlikely it will come out this year, especially how well the PS4 is doing. I'm sure they want to refresh the hardware to avoid stagnation, but they don't want to throw a wrench into the cog. I think it will be a 2020 announcement at E3 and release subsequently later than year.

Yeah, that's just not going to happen. There's really no need when the PS4 has been getting into its stride, especially this year.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Next year was already ready unlikely, but this year? No way in hell.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Not while PS4 is still printing money...

the ps2 was printing more money and they released PS3

This year? I don't think so.
Next year? Maybe.

twintail said:
Reads to me that a 2018 release is possible if Sony wanted it to be. But obviously that isn't happening.

Ya thats how i took it, they are saying it could technically release this year if Sony really wanted it to, not that Somy is planning on it.

Seems like Fall 2019 is very possible.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

As if dev kits had only one version, just before release... I still think 2020, maybe end of 2019 at the earliest. The dev kits will have new versions, and will allow a fastest transition to next generation than last time. The entire next batch of games will be next gen (after the currently in advanced development games are released).