By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - FISA/FBI memo released - how Obama/Clinton spied on the Trump campaign

Puppyroach said:
Well, this was a desperate thread. This memo was a big, fat piece of smoke. It doesn't contain any news whatsoever, so why the big fuss?? It doesn't incriminate Obama or Clinton, it doesn't incriminate the FBI. It only further incriminate Carter, so this backfired in a great, hilarious way.

Did you even read the memo?

"Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or any party/campaign in funding Steele’s efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior and FBI officials."

Around the Network

lol

irstupid said:
FIT_Gamer said:

...except for the fact that the memo says the investigation started due the findings of George Papadopoulos.

I have already addressed that. They needed a reason to CONTINUE the investigation. As it currently was, they had ran out of time and had seemingly not enough proof to continue spying on the person/people.

This dossier was what let them continue to spy. Without the dossier, they would have had to stop.

Think of it as being arrested, but if they don't bring charges up within 48 hours, they have ot let you go. They can't hold you forever while they try and find proof or evidence of a wrong doing you might have done. The FBI had started investigating him, yet they needed to have reason to continue investigating him. They used this dossier. Without it, they would have had to stop. Seeing as they left out such crucial details as to how this dossier was funded, and such one could say that the 'warrant' was illegally obtained.

I would not be surprised if that guy who was under investigation is able to get all evidence that was acquired during that time to be thrown out as illegally obtained.

This would only be true if the Dossier was the only document used for continued surveillance of Page.  3 times the court reauthorized continued surveillance of Page so to believe that the Dossier was this all important document to gain another authorization is a stretch.  During the time when this came about, there was so much other evidence showing a clear cause for concern on page contacts with Russia agents that even the strongest Republican would not blink on why he was under and still under surveillance.  The key point about the memo is that it totally omitted that evidence which is probably why the FBI basically stated when them condemned the release of it. What you have in this memo is a Republican who has already showed where his alligence is, giving a one sided opinion hoping to cause obstruction in the investigation.

Even if the Dossier was a deciding reason, until someone actually proves the document is incorrect, they its just as good as any other document.  Last but not least, who funded the research for the dossier in the first place.

Funny how trump now trusts the FBI. Guess sources are only credible when it proves someone right or someone else wrong.

This is actually serious shit. Being a small government person, this does nothing to challenge my stance.

Bush, the FBI and Obama are to blame for this FISA crap. Bush for changing the law, and Obama for allowing it to be abused and the FBI and DOJ for actually abusing it.

Around the Network
Locknuts said:
This is actually serious shit. Being a small government person, this does nothing to challenge my stance.

Bush, the FBI and Obama are to blame for this FISA crap. Bush for changing the law, and Obama for allowing it to be abused and the FBI and DOJ for actually abusing it.

Obama has absolutely nothing to do with this.  Exactly what was abused.  You are making an opinion from a political opinion piece and not all the facts.

First of all. I am 100 % certain that the FBI acted on behalf of national interest when they began their investigation. There were already alarming signs (not a smoking gun, but suspicious signs) that parts of the Trump campaign was working under the influence of Russia. The FBI acted to prevent a potential russian attack on american democracy. If they hadn't acted, we would have hanged them for that. Instead we hang them for have acted.
Second; why do Trump and his republican allies feel the need to attack the FBI, when they are so certain the FBI won't find any evidence? Trumpteam act as if they have something to hide, and that should be alarming to all americans (and to all westerners).

Machiavellian said:
Locknuts said:

Obama has absolutely nothing to do with this.  Exactly what was abused.  You are making an opinion from a political opinion piece and not all the facts.

Ok so the Clinton campaign paid for a 'Dossier' from a former British spy who got his information from some Russians (foreigners interfering in an election anyone?) with the intent to get dirt on the Trump campaign. Most of the information in the Dossier is unverifiable. This unverified Dossier is the cited as a critical piece of evidence in order to get a FISA application to spy on a US citizen by the name of Carter Page. It would have been impossible for a FISA application to be used to spy on a US citizen before Bush changed the law to allow it. Obama did nothing to change this and continued to allow it. The man at the top always bears some responsibility for the things that happen under his administration and I find it very hard to believe he had no idea this was going on. Carter Page at one time worked for the Trump campaign, this was the reason he was targeted.

Also, the memo is not an opinion piece. If the statements in it are false, there could be serious repercussions for the author. No government official is going to risk going to prison over this. I'd say it's factual.

TheLegendaryWolf said:

Not to take a side, but I found it quite weird on how the Democrats overreacted (Pelosi for example) on the memo being released beforehand yet now acting like it was nothing of importance? While it may not seem like anything new was shared, it did connect a few dots here and there.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fusion-gps-and-the-insurance-policy-to-prevent-trump-from-becoming-president_2417742.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1U2RwdgYR8

The overreaction is to the fact that Trump and his minions are attempting to undermine the Intelligence Community and the Russian investigation, through shady methods that could bring down our democracy. I mean, for the thirst to be in power, Republicans and conservatives are showing that they will do anything for it, even do the bidding from some oligarchs in Eastern Europe.

I thought by reading this memo you'd find that It didn't accuse the FBI and DOJ of any illegality, like warrant application, material omission etc..

And it's funny that you are connecting the dots without starting at how Fusion GPS began investigating Trump and then they went to Democrats because GOP were complicit in Trump's scheme.

This drama has been great tbh. Watching MSM and others scramble to damage control and spin is entertainment you just cant buy.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick