By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - FISA/FBI memo released - how Obama/Clinton spied on the Trump campaign

Why anybody actually hyped up this memo is beyond me. It is such a non-story that it is laughable.

Around the Network

Also since the claim is that one warrant May have used info from the dossier (which in and of itself is useless knowledge without knowing how) this dose not address the other 3 warrants at all and so this memo is outstandingly useless. When James Comey tweeted 'that's it?' In response to the memo release He did so with an understanding of the process. I feel like Trump is in more danger then ever if he is trying so hard to discredit the investigation for silly one off half explained reasons. We deserve the whole story, not just some curated BS

Aeolus451 said:

It's not quite what it was made out to be but it is damning to the FBI and DOJ. The fisa application process needs to revamped. It won't cause the russia investigation to shut down.

The problem is we have never been given enough info to know what the FIB actually did and what info was used.  We absolutely have been given anything to damn anyone with except for the individuals who have pled guilty as a result of the investigation. 

CosmicSex said:
Also since the claim is that one warrant May have used info from the dossier (which in and of itself is useless knowledge without knowing how) this dose not address the other 3 warrants at all and so this memo is outstandingly useless. When James Comey tweeted 'that's it?' In response to the memo release He did so with an understanding of the process. I feel like Trump is in more danger then ever if he is trying so hard to discredit the investigation for silly one off half explained reasons. We deserve the whole story, not just some curated BS

I was thinking the same thing.  When the Russia investigation started, I felt like it will amount to absolutely nothing because it would be extremely hard to get any real evidence since nothing really had to be done by Trump for Russia to help with the election.  Instead, Trump continue to do things that make you start to believe there is some really good meat out there he is trying to stay ahead of.  Many people have stated that Trump doesn't take advice and believe he is the smartest person in the room, the firing of Comey was probably the first step in this whole mess.  Comey was already underfunded and he probably would not have done nothing and dropped the case due to lack of any real leads.  Because Trump fired Comey, which was a stupid move to begin with, then went on national TV and basically suggested that he fired him over this investigation, the person Trump hired which is Rod Rosenstein, had to appoint a special counsel's to investigate the president.  People also forget that Rod had wrote this very nice reason why the president fired Comey and Trump threw that right out the window when he went on TV and had to take credit for firing Comey.  If he had followed script, this whole thing would not be where its at but instead he continues to step on his own toes and get in his own way.  His political understand is nill and he continue to fall for one trap after another blindly believing he knows it all and not taking advise from people who know how the process works.

People seem to forget that the people currently Trump and friends are trying to throw under the bus are the same people he appointed.  I would believe if Trump truly wanted this investigation to go away, he would stay out of it but it seems that he may know some information that shit is about to hit the fan and he wants to discredit it as much as possible.

The reason Trump and his people are running amok is because unlike Comey, Mueller is hitting right where Trump wanted people to overlook: Money laundry. Trump has been for decades, funded through shady realty deals and used to make business with ex-KGB folks like Felix Sater back in the 80's and 90's. He was being groomed long before mid 2010s.

I hope Mueller moves on to investigate Donald's and Kushner's dealings with China, which are harming America's foreign policy and standings at the moment.

Around the Network

Very interesting articles and bring up some solid points about this memo and the timelines in question.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/02/the-nunes-memo-makes-no-sense-216928?lo=ap_e1

The interesting part it seems no one is wondering about is exactly why Trump hired so many people with so many questionable dealings with Russian agents. First we have Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Manafort, Mike Caputo , Flynn. For a person why would love people to believe there is nothing between he and Russia, its not like Trump isn't giving everyone enough source material to keep this going for years.

Another thing I found very funny is when

I’m really quite sick of all the drama from this White House. Good god, can he just do his job without making every little thing a spectacle. 2020 can’t come soon enough, I’m tired of all the trump crap.

gergroy said:
I’m really quite sick of all the drama from this White House. Good god, can he just do his job without making every little thing a spectacle. 2020 can’t come soon enough, I’m tired of all the trump crap.

How is he to blame? He keeps getting attacked from every side wanting him removed for anything they make up and he is defending himself. If you want less drama, ask the ther side to stop with the nonsense attacks. Like the nonse of russia collusion. Or the stupid mentally unfit for office, then physically unfit. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Don't you mean 2024? People are allowed to be president for two periods and the only serious challenger for Trump will be a democrat.

He means 2020: Trump's polling numbers are progressively waning, and the GOP keeps losing court battles over gerrymandering.

All of that presupposes Trump even makes it to 2020, because the best card he holds now is the supermajority; that looks unlikely to survive the midterms.

Insidb said:
RolStoppable said:

Don't you mean 2024? People are allowed to be president for two periods and the only serious challenger for Trump will be a democrat.

He means 2020: Trump's polling numbers are progressively waning, and the GOP keeps losing court battles over gerrymandering.

All of that presupposes Trump even makes it to 2020, because the best card he holds now is the supermajority; that looks unlikely to survive the midterms.

Heard this story before. Dint work so well last time. Once results from his presidency become unchallengeable, polls will mean nothing. Just like last time, there will be many closet supporters that will deny him in public but vote for him regardless. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.