Forums - Politics Discussion - FISA/FBI memo released - how Obama/Clinton spied on the Trump campaign

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:
I’m really quite sick of all the drama from this White House. Good god, can he just do his job without making every little thing a spectacle. 2020 can’t come soon enough, I’m tired of all the trump crap.

Don't you mean 2024? People are allowed to be president for two periods and the only serious challenger for Trump will be a democrat.

He means 2020: Trump's polling numbers are progressively waning, and the GOP keeps losing court battles over gerrymandering.

All of that presupposes Trump even makes it to 2020, because the best card he holds now is the supermajority; that looks unlikely to survive the midterms.



Around the Network
Insidb said:
RolStoppable said:

Don't you mean 2024? People are allowed to be president for two periods and the only serious challenger for Trump will be a democrat.

He means 2020: Trump's polling numbers are progressively waning, and the GOP keeps losing court battles over gerrymandering.

All of that presupposes Trump even makes it to 2020, because the best card he holds now is the supermajority; that looks unlikely to survive the midterms.

Heard this story before. Dint work so well last time. Once results from his presidency become unchallengeable, polls will mean nothing. Just like last time, there will be many closet supporters that will deny him in public but vote for him regardless. 



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

We all wish that he would/could just do his job.  But the Dems, Never Trumpers, AND the Media won't let him. Or at the least won't let anything go by without 24/7 outraged 'reporting'. Tell us media, is it still irresponsibly treasonous to allow the release of a 'that's it,nothing burger'?  Or do we just go get the bottle of ketchup for the crow on all your faces? Release the Dem memo now so we can all laugh at the comedy the DC Swamp has become.



Wiibaron said:

We all wish that he would/could just do his job.  But the Dems, Never Trumpers, AND the Media won't let him. Or at the least won't let anything go by without 24/7 outraged 'reporting'. Tell us media, is it still irresponsibly treasonous to allow the release of a 'that's it,nothing burger'?  Or do we just go get the bottle of ketchup for the crow on all your faces? Release the Dem memo now so we can all laugh at the comedy the DC Swamp has become.

I find it a bit strange that people are criticizing the media for the "irresponsible" comments. They didn't see the memo until the rest of us did. If you want to criticize someone about that, feel free to criticize the democrats, but I think the bigger issue was always the opinion that the memo misled by omission. That said, I think pretty much everybody who hadn't read the memo was shocked by how impactless it actually was. I think the blame for overhyping this memo falls more on the "worse than what started the American revolution" side as the "irresponsibly treasonous" side, but maybe that is just me.

And if Trump would stop giving the media ammunition 24/7 from his Twitter, maybe things would quiet down a little.

And one more thing: you really want the democrats to eat crow over how much of a non-story this is? Really? Not all of the people who were hyping the things outlined in the memo up to be the literal worst thing to ever happen to this country? They don't get any of that crow?



So you're trying to tell me none of them are honest? Already knew that.



Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Insidb said:

He means 2020: Trump's polling numbers are progressively waning, and the GOP keeps losing court battles over gerrymandering.

All of that presupposes Trump even makes it to 2020, because the best card he holds now is the supermajority; that looks unlikely to survive the midterms.

Heard this story before. Dint work so well last time. Once results from his presidency become unchallengeable, polls will mean nothing. Just like last time, there will be many closet supporters that will deny him in public but vote for him regardless. 

Firstly, the polls were NOT wrong last election: Trump got hosed in the general, won swing states by a collective margin under 90K, and the polling margins were accurate.

Secondly, he has been losing ground with his base and those who voted for him in 2016 (Think Obama in 2008 vs. 2012), and the independent voter margin has swung to the democrats (The present margins are absurd.).



'Hillary Clinton is finally admitting her campaign paid for the Russian dossier on Donald Trump... Keep in mind the Clinton campaign and DNC officials have denied paying for the dossier for nearly a year, but were forced into an admission after a subpoena from House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes revealed both entities had in fact employed Fusion GPS to create the dossier.'

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/11/02/hillary-that-dirty-russian-dossier-on-trump-that-we-paid-for-was-just-opposition-research-n2403961

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMiIgSpV5dY



numberwang said:

'Hillary Clinton is finally admitting her campaign paid for the Russian dossier on Donald Trump... Keep in mind the Clinton campaign and DNC officials have denied paying for the dossier for nearly a year, but were forced into an admission after a subpoena from House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes revealed both entities had in fact employed Fusion GPS to create the dossier.'

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/11/02/hillary-that-dirty-russian-dossier-on-trump-that-we-paid-for-was-just-opposition-research-n2403961

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMiIgSpV5dY

You would think this would be enough to make the left stop the attacks for  while. BUt you know it never ends. Then they complain the public dont trust us and why wont trump stop.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

This doesn't seem to confirm the Democrats have done anything. The people that were spied on were under investigation to get to know if they had something to do with Russia. Also it doesn't say about any one paying anything to anybody.



The democrats need to distance themselves from celebrities, the people that are so hard done by with their vast fortunes and excellent lifestyles. They need to cut the crap and focus on 2020, otherwise Trump will pull another 'surprise' victory.