Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 - most underrated

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
But But i remember some vgchartz dude that spended 10 hours watching someone playing it on youtube when this released said it sucked ?!?!?!?!!??!?! Impossible , i need to check this out.

That is obviously invalid now because someone in a forum wrote a 2 liner.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I really liked the game, but it would be hard to justify the 60 pricetag.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Just go play Half-Life 2.
12 hours of bliss.

I think the problem people had with it was that it was too short for a fully priced AAA game, wasn't it?

As someone who bought it launch day, I have to say it’s far from underrated. It’s not a bad game by any means, but it deserved its criticisms for sure. What it did right, namely graphics and shooting mechanics, it did a pretty damn good job. Problem was, the game was insanely linear and really offered nothing outside of its mostly cutscene story mode for that $60 price tag. It would’ve been a little more acceptable if it offered some form of multiplayer, or at least a co op mode, but there was literally nothing that added replay value. I remember buying it on Friday, And then having the platinum trophy the next day. In short, the game was a glorified tech demo for something that could be so much more. Personally, I still believe the IP has a lot of potential, and I hope Sony continues it at some point. The game has its engine and gameplay pretty spot on; a longer and more open story, plus some co op and competitive multiplayer, would make for a pretty stellar sequel. A new dev needs to do it though, unless Sony buys R@D and expands the team by a large ammount of staff.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

i'm gonna wait until it's on PS Plus, which hopefully it will this year

it was such a good reveal and idea and they really messed it up from what I've seen, and made something completely average. I wish someone else could have a go on it, make it a longer game with more open areas, like a Bioshock for example. Won't happen now of course

I think it is rated just how it should have been. Should have launched at $40 like Ratchet and Clank.

Even though I am an Uncharted fan, this game brought very little value in comparison. Uncharted did everything better including graphics, gameplay, story length, online play, etc. One might think comparing the 2 games is not ideal since it's ND, but I disagree since they chose to copy ND's style but in doing so brought nothing new to the table and worse for the exact same price of $60.

I bought it for $5. On a PSN sale. It's fine for what it is. Great graphics. Half finished story, overly linear, too many QTE. 6/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

celador said:
i'm gonna wait until it's on PS Plus, which hopefully it will this year

it was such a good reveal and idea and they really messed it up from what I've seen, and made something completely average. I wish someone else could have a go on it, make it a longer game with more open areas, like a Bioshock for example. Won't happen now of course

R@D was in way over their heads. Before The Order, they were making Wii ports and PSP titles. They should’ve never taken on such a high budget project without greatly expanding their team first. My guess is, they convinced Sony somehow that they could make the next huge AAA IP for them, with their small team. I agree, hopefully Sony gives it another chance, but has someone else do it. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Wanna get this game back. I had it when I first got a ps4 was a brill game too bad I sold most of my gaming gear back then. I'll get this back to finish it is there NY ps4 pro enhancements?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...