By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Announces Ban on Transgender People in US Military

You support this?

No. 206 29.68%

Yes. 311 44.81%

^ What the hell is wrong ... 177 25.50%

Total:694
jason1637 said:
StarOcean said:

I don't think you grasp what rude means. I honestly don't care if I get banned. But you telling someone here that you were happy that their family member committed suicide cemented that you're fucking human dog-shit. Yeah, I know about that. That's rude to say to anyone. So, nah, I'm fine being rude to your kind. So yeah, go fuck yourself. Wanna PM me? Go ahead. Don't bother replying to this. 

Sorry I'm replying . You're the one that brought it up...

As for what I said I was asked by someone what I thought of their family member committing suicide. Its it like I randomly said it, someone asked me for my opinion on it. I said it sucks for those affected to I did acknowledge how the rest of the family must have felt but I said that if the person didn't like their life and wanted to committ suicide I'm happy for that person. That answer did come off as rude which I apologized for 3 times but I was asked for my opinion and answered honestly while he came out of nowhere saying fuck you to those that agree with it.

No apology will ever make up for what you said. You can to justify it here to make yourself look better but you aren't and you know what you said is BS. You're happy when people's loved ones commit suicide. That's who you are. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
I think this more of a pragmatic choice than anything else. Trump has openly supported gay/trans rights before.

I didn't know that saying that you would strongly consider getting rid of same sex marriage was supporting gay rights. Learn something new everyday I guess.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/nov/03/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-says-donald-trump-wants-undo-marri/

Please keep this discussion on-topic guys. Telling other users to go fuck themselves and trying to define the word "rude" is really outside the scope of what this thread is about. Keep it clean and civil or there will be more bans.

Superman4 said:
mizzou_guy said:

You realize women don't wear dresses when they're in military garb, right?  Men and woman wear very similar uniforms.  Plus, as said earlier, the majority of military jobs are domestic and not in barracks.

You dont understand what the Military is. Every person in the military is trained to fight, maybe not the Navy or the Air force but the Marines and Army ;). In the Marines you are a rifleman first, it doesnt matter if you are a cook, a mechanic or an infantry, you are a rifleman and a solder first. The Military should be our best and most able bodied which puts us in the best position to complete our objectives. If you want contractors to come in and assist that are not military than by all means bring in contractors that are not expected to fight. At that point transgender wouldnt be an issue.

I'm having trouble finding if they are all actually trained for combat, but 80 percent of military is made up of non-combative roles:

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/military-myths.html

Transgender people are just as capable of combat training as anyone else.  Maybe not when they are actually going through the transition, but before and after should be no issue.

There's a lot to consider and quite frankly, I haven't done the research. I have served in the military, though. I'll give my two cents:

The military has a standard of discipline, physical appearance, physical ability, and mental sharpness. The men and women who enlist have to be capable of accomplishing and supporting a variety of tasks. When a mission must be executed, they choose the best and most capable. The ones conditioned for the job at hand.

If, for example, a female who identifies as a male goes through basic training with other males, will that person be able to live up to the physical standards? Will they be the "weak link"? Will they distract from the vital lessons being taught by instructors?

I've read that many in the LGBT community are more likely to be depressed, suicidal, or have other mental issues. I'm not doctor and I'm not trying to be disrespectful. Would hormone treatments play into this?

I'm not a fan of President Trump. I have no issues with Donald Trump but President Trump is a whole other beast. I rarely agree with his decisions but this time, I can see his point of view.

And that's what I think he's counting on. The majority uniting behind him against a few. At one point in time, the idea of women in the military was preposterous. At one time, the idea of blacks in the military was madness. There was a lot of "pushback" before that became the norm. Maybe this will be, too. Right now, I'm seeing the potential downsides that could effect our military's effectiveness.

My mind is open so my stance could change. Educate me.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
jason1637 said:

Sorry I'm replying . You're the one that brought it up...

As for what I said I was asked by someone what I thought of their family member committing suicide. Its it like I randomly said it, someone asked me for my opinion on it. I said it sucks for those affected to I did acknowledge how the rest of the family must have felt but I said that if the person didn't like their life and wanted to committ suicide I'm happy for that person. That answer did come off as rude which I apologized for 3 times but I was asked for my opinion and answered honestly while he came out of nowhere saying fuck you to those that agree with it.

No apology will ever make up for what you said. You can to justify it here to make yourself look better but you aren't and you know what you said is BS. You're happy when people's loved ones commit suicide. That's who you are. 

I answered a question I was asked. What was I supposed to do lie? I'm happy for the person doing what they felt they had to do I've said it many times that i feel bad or that it sucks for those affected. 

Ka-pi96 said:
What's up with the formatting in the OP?

The decision does make sense though. I doubt they accept other people that need regular medicine (they don't accept asthmatics or diabetics.... right?) so why should this be any different?

What kind of argument is that? Not having people with asthma and diabetes in the military has nothing to do with medicine, but I'm pretty sure you already know that, I guess it's the only way one can defend a transphobic decision like this.

Superman4 said:
mizzou_guy said:

Ironically, so is discrimination.

You can call it discrimination but really its about selecting the most able bodied. Not allowing someone with a disability is discrimination as well however you cant exactly fight if you are disabled. Having a man dressed as a women in the womens barracks and a women dressed as a man in the mens barracks is just not something troops should have to deal with. They need to be focused on fighting the enemy and accomplishing whatever goal is in front of them. It is a distraction they dont need and doesnt help anyone.

Hey, nice job commenting on an issue you have no knowledge of, you'd make Trump proud

"It's not discrimination if I'm thick as mince!"

Another nail in Trump's coffin.

If he lasts another year as President I'll be incredibly surprised.

mizzou_guy said:
Superman4 said:

You dont understand what the Military is. Every person in the military is trained to fight, maybe not the Navy or the Air force but the Marines and Army ;). In the Marines you are a rifleman first, it doesnt matter if you are a cook, a mechanic or an infantry, you are a rifleman and a solder first. The Military should be our best and most able bodied which puts us in the best position to complete our objectives. If you want contractors to come in and assist that are not military than by all means bring in contractors that are not expected to fight. At that point transgender wouldnt be an issue.

I'm having trouble finding if they are all actually trained for combat, but 80 percent of military is made up of non-combative roles:

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/military-myths.html

Transgender people are just as capable of combat training as anyone else.  Maybe not when they are actually going through the transition, but before and after should be no issue.

Considering I was in the Marines, I can guarantee you they are all trained for combat, which is the purpose of Boot camp. Your MOS or job outside of boot camp may not be entirely combat related but in a time of war every position in the military is combat related. A cook on a ship still needs to be ready and able to fight should that ship get hit by enemy fire or get overrun by enemy combatants.