By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Announces Ban on Transgender People in US Military

You support this?

No. 206 29.68%

Yes. 311 44.81%

^ What the hell is wrong ... 177 25.50%

Total:694
Tulipanzo said:
Trump is a cowardly piece of shit, his administration a disgrace, is party a cancer on the U.S., his supporters the dumbest motherfuckers alive
Fuck him and whoever supports this.

I second this. Hillary might not have been perfect, but we wouldn't be going through this.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network
mizzou_guy said:
Superman4 said:

You can call it discrimination but really its about selecting the most able bodied. Not allowing someone with a disability is discrimination as well however you cant exactly fight if you are disabled. Having a man dressed as a women in the womens barracks and a women dressed as a man in the mens barracks is just not something troops should have to deal with. They need to be focused on fighting the enemy and accomplishing whatever goal is in front of them. It is a distraction they dont need and doesnt help anyone.

You realize women don't wear dresses when they're in military garb, right?  Men and woman wear very similar uniforms.  Plus, as said earlier, the majority of military jobs are domestic and not in barracks.

You dont understand what the Military is. Every person in the military is trained to fight, maybe not the Navy or the Air force but the Marines and Army ;). In the Marines you are a rifleman first, it doesnt matter if you are a cook, a mechanic or an infantry, you are a rifleman and a solder first. The Military should be our best and most able bodied which puts us in the best position to complete our objectives. If you want contractors to come in and assist that are not military than by all means bring in contractors that are not expected to fight. At that point transgender wouldnt be an issue.

Didn't he increase the military budget by $54 billion? But there is no money???

Moonhero said:
Tulipanzo said:
Trump is a cowardly piece of shit, his administration a disgrace, is party a cancer on the U.S., his supporters the dumbest motherfuckers alive
Fuck him and whoever supports this.

I second this. Hillary might not have been perfect, but we wouldn't be going through this.

Maybe we should require kids to pick a percentage of girls, disabled and transgender for dodgeball as well since by your logic it isnt fair to pick people who can help you win.

jason1637 said:
Tulipanzo said:

Funny enough they said the same thing about women joining the army.

Not that a coward masking his bigotry with "costs" would now

Who said the same thing about women joining the military?

I looked into it and it seems like the cost for transgender aren't "tremendous" compared to other soilders like the President said. But it seems like they are trying to cut cost where ever they can and it sucks for those in the trans community that want to join the military. 

StarOcean said:

No, he's right

Well according to Google being rude is "offensively impolite or ill-mannered."

By him saying fuck you to those that support this law is being rude.

I don't think you grasp what rude means. I honestly don't care if I get banned. But you telling someone here that you were happy that their family member committed suicide cemented that you're fucking human dog-shit. Yeah, I know about that. That's rude to say to anyone. So, nah, I'm fine being rude to your kind. So yeah, go fuck yourself. Wanna PM me? Go ahead. Don't bother replying to this. 

User moderated -RavenXtra

Around the Network

This is a low move by trump. I feel bad for those affected.

Shiken said:

I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this but...here it goes.

Transgender people are not natural and therefore would require extra medical needs. It can also be viewed as a mental illness to decide to mutilate yourself just so you could "identify" as something else. This is not the same as being gay, where you are born that way. Being Transgender is a physical alteration that can prove to be a liability if not properly managed.

The mental toll on these individuals going through this is also a liability. What is their mental state? Do they regret their decision, and if so, will it affect their performance? Look I am all about equal rights, but in this case being transgender is a choice, and you must live with the consequences of that choice.

I do not agree with everything Trump does, but I can see the logic in this.

Your going to get a lot of hate but  it's true. Not to mention  the high suicide rate. The army  is not suppose to be politically correct. And doesn't  need to allow  everyone  in  if your overweight/ health problems  etc.  

I think this more of a pragmatic choice than anything else. Trump has openly supported gay/trans rights before.

StarOcean said:
jason1637 said:

Who said the same thing about women joining the military?

I looked into it and it seems like the cost for transgender aren't "tremendous" compared to other soilders like the President said. But it seems like they are trying to cut cost where ever they can and it sucks for those in the trans community that want to join the military. 

Well according to Google being rude is "offensively impolite or ill-mannered."

By him saying fuck you to those that support this law is being rude.

I don't think you grasp what rude means. I honestly don't care if I get banned. But you telling someone here that you were happy that their family member committed suicide cemented that you're fucking human dog-shit. Yeah, I know about that. That's rude to say to anyone. So, nah, I'm fine being rude to your kind. So yeah, go fuck yourself. Wanna PM me? Go ahead. Don't bother replying to this. 

Sorry I'm replying . You're the one that brought it up...

As for what I said I was asked by someone what I thought of their family member committing suicide. Its it like I randomly said it, someone asked me for my opinion on it. I said it sucks for those affected to I did acknowledge how the rest of the family must have felt but I said that if the person didn't like their life and wanted to committ suicide I'm happy for that person. That answer did come off as rude which I apologized for 3 times but I was asked for my opinion and answered honestly while he came out of nowhere saying fuck you to those that agree with it.

I'm curious as to what this "tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail.” is about...

Anyways, I simply disagree with this.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread