By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Announces Ban on Transgender People in US Military

You support this?

No. 206 29.68%

Yes. 311 44.81%

^ What the hell is wrong ... 177 25.50%

Total:694

Wasn't expecting this news this morning XD Trump admin is jus' full of surprises. I highly disagree with this decision

President Trump said he will ban transgender people from serving in the military in any capacity, a reversal of the Obama administration decision that would have allowed them to serve, he announced on social media on Wednesday.

Citing the need to focus on victory, Trump said that the military cannot accept the burden of higher medical costs and “disruption” that transgender troops would require.

“After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail.”

More in link below...

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/07/26/trump-announces-ban-on-transgender-people-in-u-s-military/

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
What's up with the formatting in the OP?

The decision does make sense though. I doubt they accept other people that need regular medicine (they don't accept asthmatics or diabetics.... right?) so why should this be any different?

The formatting got messed up when I pasted the link. Can't fix it

Ka-pi96 said:
What's up with the formatting in the OP?

The decision does make sense though. I doubt they accept other people that need regular medicine (they don't accept asthmatics or diabetics.... right?) so why should this be any different?

Now, I'm against the idea of the military altogether, so I don't think anyone should be in it, but this is obviously a transphobic move.

I'm not familiar with the medical requirements of transgenders - any good resources?

If this has to do with gender roles affecting the chain of command, well that has been proven vocally by people in the military, men and women finding their duties and priorities in conflict with their traditional gender instincts. I don't know exactly how this plays out with transgenderism, but I have no doubt it does.

As a straight person I am not emotionally outraged by this, but I could certainly see it being a problem for someone who is passionate about serving militarily. However, if both the medical issue and the gender issue are as significant as they are in their parallels to asthmatics and men/women serving together, then I have to give this outcome more weight.

In other words, to be continued - I hope people on both sides do not jump to conclusions.

Wonder how this is going to work? There are quite a few trans already enlisted. What happens to them. They are going to be like sorry, but fuck you and your service, you're discharged.

Around the Network

I'm not familiar with what the medical circumstances are, but I thought Trump was meant to create jobs not destroy them. There should be at least be something to compensate or help those affected with a new role or job were their medical needs don't get in the way instead of just forcing them out to the unemployment office.

FIT_Gamer said:
Wonder how this is going to work? There are quite a few trans already enlisted. What happens to them. They are going to be like sorry, but fuck you and your service, you're discharged.

About 2,500-7,000 in active military and 1,400-4,000 in reserves

From my understanding, the majority of the roles in the military are non-combat roles, so I find it disturbing that there is now no place for transgender people there, even though they are perfectly suitable for similar roles outside of the military. For example, there are plenty of administrative and IT jobs in the military. Being transgender will not interfere with that whatsoever.

Trump is a cowardly piece of shit, his administration a disgrace, is party a cancer on the U.S., his supporters the dumbest motherfuckers alive
Fuck him and whoever supports this.

User moderated -RavenXtra

A good title for a book about Trump's administration would "CTRL-Z".

Signature goes here!