By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Announces Ban on Transgender People in US Military

You support this?

No. 206 29.68%

Yes. 311 44.81%

^ What the hell is wrong ... 177 25.50%

Total:694
VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:
What's up with the formatting in the OP?

The decision does make sense though. I doubt they accept other people that need regular medicine (they don't accept asthmatics or diabetics.... right?) so why should this be any different?

Now, I'm against the idea of the military altogether, so I don't think anyone should be in it, but this is obviously a transphobic move.

So you think that we should be sheep waiting for slaughter by a country who does believe in a military?

Around the Network

I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this but...here it goes.

Transgender people are not natural and therefore would require extra medical needs. It can also be viewed as a mental illness to decide to mutilate yourself just so you could "identify" as something else. This is not the same as being gay, where you are born that way. Being Transgender is a physical alteration that can prove to be a liability if not properly managed.

The mental toll on these individuals going through this is also a liability. What is their mental state? Do they regret their decision, and if so, will it affect their performance? Look I am all about equal rights, but in this case being transgender is a choice, and you must live with the consequences of that choice.

I do not agree with everything Trump does, but I can see the logic in this.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Tulipanzo said:
jason1637 said:
Well if it cost extra to take care of their medical needs this is the best move.

Funny enough they said the same thing about women joining the army.

Not that a coward masking his bigotry with "costs" would now

Who said the same thing about women joining the military?

I looked into it and it seems like the cost for transgender aren't "tremendous" compared to other soilders like the President said. But it seems like they are trying to cut cost where ever they can and it sucks for those in the trans community that want to join the military. 

StarOcean said:
jason1637 said:

Well that pretty rude.

No, he's right

Well according to Google being rude is "offensively impolite or ill-mannered."

By him saying fuck you to those that support this law is being rude.

jason1637 said:
Tulipanzo said:
Trump is a cowardly piece of shit, his administration a disgrace, is party a cancer on the U.S., his supporters the dumbest motherfuckers alive
Fuck him and whoever supports this.

Well that pretty rude.

Would me being kind stop you from being an uncivilized bigot?

I thought so

Superman4 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Now, I'm against the idea of the military altogether, so I don't think anyone should be in it, but this is obviously a transphobic move.

So you think that we should be sheep waiting for slaughter by a country who does believe in a military?

I was talking in general terms, not referring to the US in particular.

Around the Network
Shiken said:

I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this but...here it goes.

Transgender people are not natural and therefore would require extra medical needs. It can also be viewed as a mental illness to decide to mutilate yourself just so you could "identify" as something else. This is not the same as being gay, where you are born that way. Being Transgender is a physical alteration that can prove to be a liability if not properly managed.

The mental toll on these individuals going through this is also a liability. What is their mental state? Do they regret their decision, and if so, will it affect their performance? Look I am all about equal rights, but in this case being transgender is a choice, and you must live with the consequences of that choice.

I do not agree with everything Trump does, but I can see the logic in this.

The cost for trans soilders compared to non trans soilders aren't that far apart. Trans soilders medical cost are only slightly higher.

mizzou_guy said:
jason1637 said:

Well that pretty rude.

Ironically, so is discrimination.

You can call it discrimination but really its about selecting the most able bodied. Not allowing someone with a disability is discrimination as well however you cant exactly fight if you are disabled. Having a man dressed as a women in the womens barracks and a women dressed as a man in the mens barracks is just not something troops should have to deal with. They need to be focused on fighting the enemy and accomplishing whatever goal is in front of them. It is a distraction they dont need and doesnt help anyone.

Tulipanzo said:
jason1637 said:

Well that pretty rude.

Would me being kind stop you from being an uncivilized bigot?

I thought so

Well I'm not a bigot and I'm civilized.

Also BTW isn't saying fuck you to those that support this making you the bigot?

There was no need to insult people anyone that's an uncivilized way to have a conversation

Superman4 said:
mizzou_guy said:

Ironically, so is discrimination.

You can call it discrimination but really its about selecting the most able bodied. Not allowing someone with a disability is discrimination as well however you cant exactly fight if you are disabled. Having a man dressed as a women in the womens barracks and a women dressed as a man in the mens barracks is just not something troops should have to deal with. They need to be focused on fighting the enemy and accomplishing whatever goal is in front of them. It is a distraction they dont need and doesnt help anyone.

You realize women don't wear dresses when they're in military garb, right?  Men and woman wear very similar uniforms.  Plus, as said earlier, the majority of military jobs are domestic and not in barracks.

VGPolyglot said:
Superman4 said:

I was talking in general terms, not referring to the US in particular.

Ok, I do wish that we could survive without a military, the problem for everyone though is at some point a group of people will decide they want to take over and the least prepared will get over run. I dont ever see us not having a military.