By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Currently in the phase of playing Aegis Rim 13 Sentinels and I can confirm to have a great time with it so far.

Gameplay is largely on the easier side even if it is satisfying to pull off a good strategy, there's load of to invest in the Sentinels and the Meta System so I expect the game to have extensive gameplay challenges even if some of it is locked before you accomplish more story beats which the story ....

I'll say this, the way you traverse through the overall events in a non-linear sequence with different protagonists is something I actually appreciate but I also found VN's that worked this concept better by simply being more coherent in their non-linearity.

Still I'm technically only 14% through it despite figuring it out some character twists that might come out later because of how the plot juggles it's flashbacks/dreams and plot threads between different eras.
My favorite of the cast has to be Natsumi's E.T. story so far.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Runa216 said:

Does anyone have a list of upcoming Switch exclusives? (As in, on Switch but not PS5/XSX)

Trying to make a list but all the googling I'm doing is giving me like 90% multiplatform games. Doesn't do much for my list.

The notable ones.

Paper Mario TTYD
Princess Peach's Showtime
Luigi's Mansion 2
Another Code Re:Collection
Mario VS DK
Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island
Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time

Had em all but Fantasy Life i. Never heard of that one. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

CaptainExplosion said:
BasilZero said:

Damn, rather it be Rare Replay than Hifi Rush to be honest.

Same, and the rumored Banjo-Kazooie that was supposedly greenlit very recently. Hopefully it's a proper Banjo-Kazooie game and not you know what. *blows up cars from Nuts & Bolts*

Nuts and Bolts>>>Banjo Tooie

JWeinCom said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Same, and the rumored Banjo-Kazooie that was supposedly greenlit very recently. Hopefully it's a proper Banjo-Kazooie game and not you know what. *blows up cars from Nuts & Bolts*

Y'all can get out now. We don't need that sort of toxicity here. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
JWeinCom said:

Banjo Tooie was a bloated version of Banjo Kazooie that confused bigger with better. Nuts and Bolts was creative and novel. Physics engine was a bit rough, but other than that, was a really great game. 

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

The Fantasy Life one is a sequel to a 3DS game that went by "Fantasy Life" - developed by Level-5.

JWeinCom said:

Its okay, I'm sure some people like Devil May Cry 2 and the CD-i Zelda games more than the other games in those series too.

BasilZero said:
Runa216 said:

The Fantasy Life one is a sequel to a 3DS game that went by "Fantasy Life" - developed by Level-5.

JWeinCom said:

Its okay, I'm sure some people like Devil May Cry 2 and the CD-i Zelda games more than the other games in those series too.

Fun fact, Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts had better reviews than Banjo-Tooie's 360 version which released at the same time. Game hasn't aged very well. Also better reviews than Banjo-Kazooie.

Critic reviews aren't everything, especially as this is a new release vs a port, but definitely not like saying Wand of Gamelon was better than Breath of the Wild. 

Recently finished Octopath Traveler 2. Took me about 80 hours. Im not very good at JRPGs. I had some issues with it, but thats just personal stuff. Its quite an impressive game and I would recommend trying it if you like more classic JRPGs. Just the amount of content in the game is awesome.

JWeinCom said:
Runa216 said:

Banjo Tooie was a bloated version of Banjo Kazooie that confused bigger with better. Nuts and Bolts was creative and novel. Physics engine was a bit rough, but other than that, was a really great game. 

Bolded: No denies on that, but I think Nuts and Bolts is more its own thing, other than having Banjo and Kazooie, i think it's hard to be compared with the N64 games.

But the first part I don't agree at all. Tooie is definitely better than Kazooie: the worlds, boss battles, minigames, gameplay mechanics, puzzles, etc... 

I just wish rareplay on Switch is happening to have all these games on the go

We reap what we sow

Tooie is a great game; a little less refined than Kazooie, but still great.
Nuts and Bolts I thought was awful; the core gameplay just wasn't any fun and the focusing it all around building felt gimmicky. Physics were way too fiddly too.
In my humble opinion, Rare haven't made a great game since the N64, the talent behind their 4th/5th gen golden age left long ago.