By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Happy new year everyone.

So the first game I finished in 2024 is What Remains of Edith Finch. It is short enough to be completed in a single afternoon, I've had it on my wishlist for a while and I bought it on sale today. I know it is not the newest game and I'm sure there were a lot of discussions about it here in vgchartz, but anyway. I felt like I had to share a thought about it.

It broke me. I am a 39 year old grownup but I cried like a little b*tch. Yes it is short, and yes it is basically just an interactive story, but man, it hit me hard.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

Happy new year everyone.

So the first game I finished in 2024 is What Remains of Edith Finch. It is short enough to be completed in a single afternoon, I've had it on my wishlist for a while and I bought it on sale today. I know it is not the newest game and I'm sure there were a lot of discussions about it here in vgchartz, but anyway. I felt like I had to share a thought about it.

It broke me. I am a 39 year old grownup but I cried like a little b*tch. Yes it is short, and yes it is basically just an interactive story, but man, it hit me hard.

I pretty much did it too in one sitting through one night and it was pretty emotionally draining even if I didn't cry myself. Truly a tale of strong familial bonds through the unfairness, strange and fantastical world we live in.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

BasilZero said:
Mar1217 said:

Well, Miyamoto is clearly attached to what he has created over time and even if he's not into the video game process anymore as he was a few years back, he's still finding ways with other projects to captivate it's attention.

Prolly be working as an executive on the next Pikmin though haha

As long as they make him stay away from Paper Mario, he can do anything else.

And away from Star Fox. *throws Wii U gamepad into the air and blows it up with a homing missile*

*Sigh* Good thing that Castlevania Anniversary Collection was just 5 bucks. Really wanna feel like beating my head on the walls haha. Though I'll prolly only play the original, III Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania, Bloodlines and maybe the sequel on the Gameboy from what was recommended.

Mar1217 said:

*Sigh* Good thing that Castlevania Anniversary Collection was just 5 bucks. Really wanna feel like beating my head on the walls haha. Though I'll prolly only play the original, III Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania, Bloodlines and maybe the sequel on the Gameboy from what was recommended.

Great pick!

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

I tried Castlevania II: Simon's Quest to see if it's as painful as James Rolfe said it was on an early AVGN. He was right. -_-

Fingers crossed if Switch 2 doesn't launch this year that there is still a healthy first-party lineup,
Princess Peach: Showtime! is the only new game. Luigi's Mansion is a remaster, and the other games are remakes.
It's only January, so more has to be announced I'm thinking. Rhythm Heaven and Donkey Kong seem like good picks, but maybe DK will be exclusive to Switch 2.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:

I tried Castlevania II: Simon's Quest to see if it's as painful as James Rolfe said it was on an early AVGN. He was right. -_-

Haha. Castlevania games can feel pretty sadistic enough without being obtruse like Simon's Quest is. 

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is 1080p/60fps in docked mode and 720p/60fps in portable mode:
https://www.gonintendo.com/contents/30530-prince-of-persia-the-lost-crown-s-switch-resolution-and-framerate-detailed

Crazy how much the Bonus boosts do to help you in the grind in the FF games.