By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CONFIRMED! Xbox Scorpio will be shown Thursday at 2pm UK / 6am Pacific. (April 6th)

Snoopy said:
jason1637 said:

Many rumrers are saying big games like Battlefront 2, Red Dead 2 will be native 4K. If this is true and Dice can get Frostbite to be native 4K on Scorpio thats pretty amazing imo. 

I never expected battle front to be 4k to be honest. If it is, the scorpio is a beast for sure.

Considering the PS4 Pro is doing 1440p and 1800p on some of the best looking 8th gen games, I would think Scorpio could do 4K with relative ease with that extra two teraflops.

I imagine Battlefront will be dynamic though. Perhaps some modes/areas will achieve 4K while others will scale down, wouldn't be surprising.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I scrolled down I saw the first person really complaining about Scorpio's specs, its like you're in every Scorpio thread.

I'm gonna say something that may be very shocking to you... people don't just play exclusives on Xbox or Playstation consoles. I'll give you a moment to think about that.

Wasn't complaining so chill. It was a half joke so chill. I don't give two shit about specs to complain. Patronize all you want. Also look at my name and sig. Yeah I know. I also own 30 systems. In fact was playing some TurboGrafx 16 this morning.

I'm chill, you don't sound very chill though.

I was just pointing out you generally have an anti Xbox sentiment and you were on of the first to put that in full display in this thread, congrats.

Specs aren't everything and I still play old stuff as well, but Sony and MS are the companies pushing specs in the console arena. So people will be intrigued when one of companies pushes a more powerful box that will inevitably have notable support.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Wasn't complaining so chill. It was a half joke so chill. I don't give two shit about specs to complain. Patronize all you want. Also look at my name and sig. Yeah I know. I also own 30 systems. In fact was playing some TurboGrafx 16 this morning.

I was just pointing out you generally have an anti Xbox sentiment and you were on of the first to put that in full display in this thread, congrats.

Specs aren't everything and I still play old stuff as well, but Sony and MS are the companies pushing specs in the console arena. So people will be intrigued when one of companies pushes a more powerful box that will inevitably have notable support.

I'm always chill. People just misread me a lot since mental illness may block from expressing something the right way. You can think I'm an idiot all you want but not bothered. I don't have anything against Xbox. Playing Raiden IV on it now. Aside from DC Xbox is my fave 6th gen system. I got a old 360  free in 2011 and a year later when I had some money is I ran out and got a new 360 slim. I don't hate the brand at all. I don't hate nor dislike any brand. I dislike how clueless MS is this gen and I want them to do better. 360 is an amazing machine with so many varied titles. XBO not so much and I want them to be more diverse. I am being cirtical of a brand I want to to better.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ryuu96 said:

Not sure where he said that...

It can still be an exciting month for him, many people are excited to see new hardware.

Yeah and I'll have the Scorpio but what does that have to do with games? The console is not more valuable than the library. Sony proved this having the most underpowered console with the ps2.

Is anybody arguing games aren't more important than the best specs?

Also you speak as if the X1 is a console with no support, the library is strong even if you prefer PS4.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Also going to add made this earlier today http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=227321&page=1#

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm always chill. People just misread me a lot since mental illness may block from expressing something the right way. You can think I'm an idiot all you want but not bothered. I don't have anything against Xbox. Playing Raiden IV on it now. Aside from DC Xbox is my fave 6th gen system. I got a old 360  free in 2011 and a year later when I had some money is I ran out and got a new 360 slim. I don't hate the brand at all. I don't hate nor dislike any brand. I dislike how clueless MS is this gen and I want them to do better. 360 is an amazing machine with so many varied titles. XBO not so much and I want them to be more diverse. I am being cirtical of a brand I want to to better.

I feel like you're not giving the XBO library a fair shake.

You make a blanket statment like it lacks variety, but it has a ton of games in various genres. Lots of AAA titles, indie titles and stuff inbetween. I even have Raiden V! I believe there was more risk taking in the 7th gen and both X1 and PS4 lack some variety because of that (i.e. more games in niche genres), but there is still plenty.

On a sidenote, BC technically adds a lot of variety. I mean there is a notable stuff there that many didn't play last gen and don't fall in popular genres.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah and I'll have the Scorpio but what does that have to do with games? The console is not more valuable than the library. Sony proved this having the most underpowered console with the ps2.

Also you speak as if the X1 is a console with no support, the library is strong even if you prefer PS4.

Of course the library is strong as far as third party is concerned,, but with Microsoft....they have there bases covered  (and then some) where they least need to be. They of all people should that a graphics war never beat the greatest console of all time in terms fo support and numbers sold. What they need to be doing is putting out the very thing that applies to the most markets gamewise and and their sales will exceed their expectactions. With that said, its decent news to know 60fps gaming is finally here on Xbox. A more expensive and powerful vessel for their games will only help them for a short period of time.

malistix1985 said:
EricHiggin said:
Ryzen R5 CPU's launching April 11th I believe? 4c/8t models in that line up. Wonder if they have anything in common since Scorpio was supposed to be an 8 core chip (4cX2 Jag). 1400X, 3.2GHz, 4c/8t, retails at $169. With direct to AMD pricing could XB get a custom 8c/16t CPU made for $200?

"Compact design" due to advances in cooling? Is this because of the centrifugal blower fan design shown in the E3 teaser? No way this thing is water cooled right?

So close to the Switch launch as well. XB trying to take away someone else's momentum, or borrow a little bit of it for themselves?

Pumped to know what exactly is inside this thing.

Well the Scorpio isn't competing with the NS but with the PS4Pro but I think its more lifting on the hype of 4k content/4k televisions becoming the standard, just like sony did last year. Yeah I am also really pumped to know whats inside last year Phil Spencer did say the scorpio technology wasn't available to launch it closer so it would make no sense for it to have the same ancient cpu as the current gen consoles I think Ryzen is a given personally.

But obv. its a waiting game it will be a game changer in framerates for open world games and in native 4k, altough cpu's are generally not the "biggest" deal in this because the PS4/XBO/Ps4Pro all use a laptop cpu it does become a bottleneck.

Anyway all we know is it has 320gb/s memory bandwith with 12GB GDDR5X and a 8 "core" cpu with a 6tflops card right now, I think the recently announced RX580, which is a little over 6Tflops and hosts a refresh of the ps4pro graphics card technology would be the obvious choise as whats in the GPU, combine that with the bigger memory bus, memory amount, memory speed and potentially a faster CPU and yeah Xbox is right that will be an extremely visable difference as proven on pc's with those kinds of differences many times.

Also I think Horizon Zero Dawn runs from 1800P upscaled, which is 75% native 4k, so with that speed boost it could run that game in native 4k, obv its a ps4 exclusive but its also one of the better looking games this generation, so microsoft can make its claims come true, my GPU in my PC does many games native 4k especially if I would target 30fps and its quite a bit slower then their target.

Scorpio isn't exactly competing head to head with Switch like they are with PS4, but since Switch is being deemed a console, I wonder if its another numbers thing? Having Switch console sales overtake XB1/Scorpio sales would put XB in last place this gen. They clearly dont like showing they are behind PS, so maybe they are worried about ending up behind both PS and NiN? The fact that NiN has a lot of hype going for them, on top of the momentum PS has, XB must be feeling a little claustrophobic right about now. 

They could have built a semi custom Jaguar/Excavator and Polaris APU last year. The wait almost has to be for Ryzen, Vega, or both. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe this new TSMC "12nm" process is worth the 1 year wait over their 16nm process that PS4/Pro/XB1S uses. Ryzen and Polaris/Vega on 14nm makes the most sense to me. I also think PS4SS/ProS is potentially a possibility later this year with "12nm", so it wouldn't be surprising to see Scorpio using "12nm" as well either.

The 580 is rumored to hit over 6Tflops, but I think thats around 1200MHz or up there anyway. If their touting how compact Scorpio is, it must not run all that hot, so I would have to assume they would still have to downclock the 580 by a fair amount, much like the Pro, which would put the GPU well below 6Tflops. I have always figured that if they go with Polaris to save on costs, that they will basically create a custom 490/590, with more CU's, etc, so they can run the GPU around 900MHz, give or take, and still get 6Tflops.

Without knowing more detailed specs or what their general price point is, they could end up doing many things with Scorpio's hardware. The rumors say its a powerhouse, but thats what they said about Pro as well, until the 4.2Tflops specs leaked. Oh the mystery. Once we have a better Idea of what's in it, we'll be able to better pin down what it will and won't be able to do, how much its probably going to cost, and how well it may sell.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Of course the library is strong as far as third party is concerned,, but with Microsoft....they have there bases covered  (and then some) where they least need to be. They of all people should the graphics war never beat the greatest console of all time in terms fo support and numbers sold.

I think MS is doing a solid job on 1st party but its a different direction than Sony. X1 has the better exclusive shooters, KI is one of the best fighters in years, X1 has the edge in racing thanks to Forza, and other exclusives have been enjoyable. If I personally was compiling a list of my favorite exclusvies this gen, there is gonna be numerous X1 games on it.

I think Sony has done a better job on adventure games, while the rest of they do has been kinda meh. This is why I own both consoles, neither company is doing great at every genre. If we look solely at 1st party, I don't think PS4 has an amazing record yet. Although future titles do look promising.

Recently Completed

Seams to me that if it has ryzen then it's a 500$ console or more. If there goal is to be 40-50% better with this system than the pro could they do that with a puma? In my head it's 500$ with ryzen and 400$ without. The 400$ version would still have a 20-30% better CPU than its compitition so why not just go with that. Seams more worthwhile to me.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.